Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > The Dark Room

The Dark Room -- Photo Editing and Picture Taking. Advice, tutorials, questions on all things photoshop, photo editing, and taking pictures of beads or glass.

Old 2006-12-10, 2:41pm
Broken

Default Fuji FinePix S602Zoom

I have an oppourtunity to buy a Fuji FinePix S602 6x optical Zoom. Anyone used one for bead pics?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2006-12-10, 6:59pm

Yes, I had one. I loved it for beads the super macro is great you can actual touch the bead with the camera and it will still focus. Are you buying it used??? The only thing I didn't like was the media card would go into the other card slot and I bent the pegs in it twice and had to send it off to get it fixed. the service at fuji is great though.
Teresa
Old 2006-12-10, 7:03pm
Broken

I don't think there is a super macro? It is used and they can't find the manual which makes me think it'll be hard to learn how to operate it

Old 2006-12-11, 6:18pm
Missing presumed fed

Here's a review (very favorable). It looks like it does have supermacro, by the way:

http://www.steves-digicams.com/2002_...uji_s602z.html

I don't know if this link is going to work, but if it does, it should be a link to a pdf file of the manual. If it doesn't, you can get the manual by going to fujifilmusa.com. Go to the product support section. I just put in the model number and "manual" and found it that way.

Link to FinePix manual
Old 2007-01-03, 5:35pm

Did you get the camera??? I found my manual if you want it let me know. Have an extra strap to.
Teresa
Old 2007-01-14, 8:51pm
To Bead Or Not To Bead

Default Love my Fuji S602

I have this camera and I use it for all my macro images to be put up on ebay. You can vitually get right on top of the bead and it will focus. Here are some examples of close ups. I alway shoot in the shutter speed priority setting at F10 and use a tripod. The other thing I can tell you is that your white balance has to be adjusted. Once you do that, you can take amazing pictures. I've had my camera for about 5 years now. I've had to have it serviced once. So you can see that I highly recommend this camera!
Attached Images

Ebay:
Old 2007-01-14, 8:52pm
To Bead Or Not To Bead

Btw the close ups are all super macro mode.

Ebay:
Old 2007-01-14, 9:02pm
Broken

I am getting to know if better now. I am not sure how to adjust the white balance, or how you know when to adjust it??

Old 2007-01-14, 9:07pm
To Bead Or Not To Bead

In shutter, aperature and program priority, you hit the larger button in the back on the camera, (sorry don't know what that button is called because the printing has worn off.) That will bring up several options at the bottom of the LCD screen. The white balance is next to the ISO. The custom select button is above the Auto button. Choose it. Have all your lphoto lights on and place a white piece of paper in front of the lens. You will get a menu saying OK not change, Back Cancel, or Shutter Press shutter for new WB. If you get an overexposed message, just increase your shutter speed. I overexpose most of my shots to get the brightest picture possible. Sometimes that works out and sometimes I have to shoot and a higher shutter speed to not lose the edges of the beads.

Anymore questions PM me. I know this camera inside and out.

Ebay:

Last edited by killerbeedz1; 2007-01-14 at 9:09pm.