Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Shows and Festivals

Shows and Festivals -- Upcoming events

Old 2005-08-07, 8:05pm

Default Bead Invitational PA

Hello to everyone out there. I am new to this board, and I would like to take this opportunity to say hi and invite you all to apply for my free beaders event this fall
It is a 3 day event set in the rural wooded landscape of western Pennsylvania (10 miles south of I-80, exit 42), and will take place Friday Sept30- Sunday Oct2.

The primary goal of this weekend is to promote the free exchange of information between bead makers of all skill levels and areas of expertise; the philosophy is “We are all teachers and we are all students.” Lectures and demonstrations will be conducted throughout each day, in accordance of attendees willing to share their knowledge and expertise,

How to apply for the Bead Invitational Weekend:
Please send us an e-mail and tell us about yourself and your work at beadinvitational@peoplepc.com . Applications will be accepted until Sept 1, and will be juried by Sept 3, at which point applicants will be notified of their enrollment status. If you are willing to volunteer to demonstrate a technique, teach a class, or give a lecture (long or short), please let us know what you would be interested in covering and how much time you would need for your presentation. A limited number of invitations (30) will be available this year, so be sure to send in your application soon.

This year's demonstrations will include:

What do you do?

Cost: FREE!
Admission fee includes all lectures and demonstrations, propane, oxygen, free camping on 12 acres of wooded land, shower& kitchen facilities on premises. For those who do not wish to camp, there is a local motel nearby (approximately 10 miles away), and an RV park (approximately 5 miles away).
*Note: Food and lodging are responsibility of attendees

Restrictions:
-No alcohol permitted on premises

The Glass Blowing Center - 114 Leonard Road - Hilliards, Pennsylvania 16040

Last edited by luke gardner; 2005-08-13 at 5:20pm.
Old 2005-08-09, 12:11pm
In search of her path....

I emailed yeah Luke!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Prints for sale in my
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
!
Old 2005-08-09, 6:09pm

Thanks Karin, you are the first. Don't be shy everybody else, send me your info or post any questions that you may have. Come on its free.
Old 2005-08-25, 8:26pm
Mary Lockwood

I emailed my application in tonight. I never saw this thread, so I'm really glad you sent me a message! Thanks Luke.

~~Mary

Old 2005-08-26, 6:17am
Satake Woman!

Bummer, I'm teaching now and can't go. My students get their panties in a wad when I leave them.

Satake glass in stock and ready for you!
Old 2005-08-26, 8:09am

Oh, this sounds like fun! I'm going to Hot times the weekend before so I can't go but I hope you do this next year, I would so be there!
Old 2005-08-27, 2:11pm
aka Spawn Of Flame

Hi Luke!
Thanks for the invite. Ya know, when I get impatient with a driver, ONE of the things I have been known to mutter is: "are you waiting for a writen invitation?" (when I am in a more polite mood anyway...)
So, I guess that is what it took to get MY attention on this.
I sent in my application today.
Rose.

--
--
--

Old 2005-08-27, 7:54pm
Mary Lockwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosemarie23
Hi Luke!
Thanks for the invite. Ya know, when I get impatient with a driver, ONE of the things I have been known to mutter is: "are you waiting for a writen invitation?" (when I am in a more polite mood anyway...)
So, I guess that is what it took to get MY attention on this.
I sent in my application today.
Rose.
Rose!! Do you want to carpool?

~~Mary

Old 2005-08-27, 8:24pm
aka Spawn Of Flame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth
Rose!! Do you want to carpool?

~~Mary
Sure.
PM'd you!

--
--
--

Old 2005-09-03, 5:09am
Virginia Beach, VA

emailed you for jeff, luke... he said he just met you the other day at agi! he is having a blast.

Old 2005-09-08, 12:02pm
Wild at Heart!

This sounds like a blast! I can't go this year, but I'm hope I can attend next year if I'm deemed worthy!

Kristi

??
Old 2005-09-15, 4:57pm

Hi every one. I sent out confirmation requests a few days ago. Could you please get in contact with me and let me know your plans if you have not yet been in touch. I need to know since time is growing so short.