No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2016-08-01, 8:00pm
Focus?

Default TAG 104 Lotus

I just purchased some TAG 104 Magma Lotus and Midway Lotus from someone selling off their glass .. anyone ever heard of it? I googled it and couldn't find anything on it and the TAG site doesn't reference it. I'm betting it will be like Fire Lotus but if someone has played with it before I'd really appreciate some feedback.

thx

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
A-62

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2016-08-02, 5:45pm
Wonder-wench

http://www.taglass.com/Articles.asp?ID=258

http://www.frantznewsletter.com/tag/fire-lotus/

Old 2016-08-02, 5:55pm
Disconnected

They do a lot of experiments and Magma sounds like it would be one of them. I have no advice, I just love them all, especially the opaque strikers because I can just let them do what they want to do and they never fail to amaze. Lucky you got a special color!

Old 2016-08-08, 8:48pm
Focus?

thanks all, I got to play with it the other day and while I'm unimpressed with Midway, I love Magma. I tried it on several colored bases and got purples, blues and some greens. If you try some try it on turquoise.
Attached Images

A-62

Old 2016-09-09, 4:47pm

Hi Debbie - Midway was kinda carnival colors and Magma looked dark in my tests, as I recall. For brighter colors, get that gather SUPER DUPER SCREAMING WHITE RUNNING AWAY FROM YOU WITH ITS HAIR ON FIRE HOT. Yes, that's my technical term, lol! Then when you wrap it on the base bead and shape it, be sure to cool it until not glowing anymore before you start to strike. Anything from TAG with "Lotus" in the name likes to be REALLY hot then REALLY cooled down to give a lot of color.

"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice; in practice there is." ~ Chuck Reid
Old 2016-09-09, 9:39pm

Bring back fire lotus so we can stop hoarding pieces lol.
Jingle you sure got some great colors
Old 2016-09-09, 10:10pm
Slogan Challenged...

Agree, bring it back. I wanna make beads like that. Nice job!

Facebook:

Etsy:

Tags
glass, lotus, magma, midway, tag