Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2006-08-27, 11:33pm
Gay rights R human rights

Default WTB: kiln...

Hi
I am looking for a place in Canada to buy a kiln. Probably the Paragon Bluebird but any small kiln with a digital controller. I am having a hard time finding anyone in the states that will ship to Canada. Any leads would be appreciated.

Thanks
Leslie
Old 2006-08-28, 5:18pm

If you are interested in a Chili Pepper you can contact Jen-Ken for names of dealers there. I know they bring them in by the pallett and ther is a dealer in Montreal selling them.
We don't ship to Canada because of the UPS brokerage fee and the import tax. It's impossible to figure out ahead of time just what to charge the buyer..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Still North America's Largest Lauscha Dealer!
Now reopened in South Florida!!
Like US on Facebook !
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by PaulaD; 2006-08-29 at 9:36am.
Old 2006-08-28, 9:31pm

Well the decision has been made. I found a distributor for paragon kilns about 75 miles away from me so I can pick it up and save the shipping costs. I have decided on the SC2. Does anyone have an opinion about this kiln? I would get it with the optional bead door.
Old 2006-08-28, 9:45pm
The torch awaits you!

We carry Skutt & Olympic Kilns but Andrigetti in Vancouver carries the Paragon kilns and you will find Joanne wonderful to deal with. Another thing you might be interested in is the Pacific Pyros lampworking group. They have monthly get togethers locally and if you make it over to Vanc. Island we have get togethers over here as well.
Old 2006-08-29, 9:24am

I just got the SC2 from Sunlight Art Glass....I love it!

shauna
Old 2006-08-29, 10:07am

Shauna,
That is the kiln that I am now thinking about getting and exactly from that store! How was the service? Did you have to wait for delivery?
Old 2006-08-29, 5:37pm

Service was awesome...They answered tons of email questions! The kiln was in stock so I didn't have to wait...I live in Saskatchewan so they put it on the greyhound and everything was packed expertly.....I haven't found it too small either...I put the hot bead on one end and stack the others up on the other end...then move them over and keep stacking - giving the most current bead time by itself....
Old 2006-08-29, 5:59pm

I think you just made my decision for me Shauna. Im going to email them tomorrow to see if they are in stock. That way if they aren't, they can order one in for me. I want to pick it up while hubby is in Palm Springs. That way its too late for objections!

The reason i'm not too worried about the size is that the most that I have ever made in one session is 6 beads! It takes me a while to make anything on a HH!

Tee Hee!!!! Cant wait!
Old 2006-08-29, 7:42pm
The torch awaits you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildwire
I just got the SC2 from Sunlight Art Glass....I love it!

shauna
I didn't realize that Sunlight sold Paragon, but I will say that Tamara is so nice and also part of Pacific Pyros and Lynn does alot of fusing so you must ask to see her Warm Glass magnet exchange collection! Have fun with your new kiln!
Carol
Old 2006-08-29, 7:47pm
ID10T Problem Solver

A kiln is such an expense, that you should not be thinking of what you are doing "now", but for what you see yourself doing in the future...it is one thing to settle for a smaller torch right now and then upgrade, but if you are like me, a kiln is quite an expense and you don't want to have to upgrade in a year or two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggybubba
I think you just made my decision for me Shauna. Im going to email them tomorrow to see if they are in stock. That way if they aren't, they can order one in for me. I want to pick it up while hubby is in Palm Springs. That way its too late for objections!

The reason i'm not too worried about the size is that the most that I have ever made in one session is 6 beads! It takes me a while to make anything on a HH!

Tee Hee!!!! Cant wait!

***Scorpion (4 stud)***