Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Beads of Courage > Beads of Courage

Beads of Courage -- Discussion for all things Beads of Courage; the only not-for-profit, arts-in-medicine program putting to use the talents of glass beadmakers to uplift children dealing with life threatening illnesses, their families and the people who care for them. Families, clinicians and artists alike are welcome to join in! (Thank you to Lampwork Etc. for supporting Beads of Courage and helping to foster communication!) PHOTOS OF INDIVIDUALS OR CHILDREN ONLY ALLOWED WITH THEIR SPECIFIC CONSENT.

Old 2011-03-04, 1:30pm

I am so excited to be in such great company! I only submitted 2 and they were both "Moonbeams In a Jar". I didn't even take a picture - I didn't think I had a chance!
I almost didn't send them, but my hubby made me. YEAH!
Old 2011-03-04, 1:45pm
Your Royal Fritness

I buy Tang to clean the Dishwasher... it works great
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2011-03-04, 2:08pm
Mermaid in Training

I haven't had Tang since I was knee high to a grasshopper but I have fond memories.... Kind of like my favorite diet soda was Tab...

Dizzy Bead on Etsy
Old 2011-03-04, 2:19pm
StudioMarcy

hey, you must be my age!

Marcy Lamberson
Studio Marcy
Old 2011-03-04, 5:56pm
Run Free Sweet Boy

woo hoo got an email today with the pics of the beads going up.. now I know which one of mine got picked. I am still dancing on clouds

"It's not what you have, it's who you are."
Old 2011-03-04, 6:09pm
Hobby Junkie

It was really cool to get the pic! My DH and I had a bet about which one was selected. I won!

Old 2011-03-04, 6:36pm
Shelarious

I saw the photo, how wonderful and what an honor. Just a once in a lifetime experience.

Last edited by bshelle; 2011-03-05 at 6:04am.
Old 2011-03-04, 8:21pm

Everyones beads look so awesome!!!!!! I just got home and ....oh oh oh... WOW am I excited!! I can't believe I have beads going up again. Way to go to all the artists who participated! A BIG THANK YOU to the Newton Family, Beads of Courage and Nasa! I'd write more but.... Okay all I can say right now is WOW !!!! ...... I have to go call my family to tell them the news!!
Terri

Old 2011-03-05, 11:16am
I speak Murrini!

Although I wasn't able to make a submission on this round (and could just CRY about it!) I wanted to post my sincere congratulations to each and every one of you who is having a bead go in space! They are all just adorable and unique, and I know the kids will LOVE THEM when the come back down to Earth!

You must be OUT OF THIS WORLD EXCITED! What a wonderful program BoC is!

Hugs...

"Only a fool rushes to his own demise..." ~Zorro
Old 2011-03-05, 12:36pm
over the moon space cadet

Quote:
I buy Tang to clean the Dishwasher... it works great
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Wait, for real??

" We are cups, constantly and quietly being filled.
The trick is, knowing how to tip ourselves over
and let the beautiful stuff out. - Ray Bradbury
Old 2011-03-05, 12:40pm
over the moon space cadet

Can someone send me the picture? I didn't get an email and have been wanting to see if I'm right about which bead was picked...

" We are cups, constantly and quietly being filled.
The trick is, knowing how to tip ourselves over
and let the beautiful stuff out. - Ray Bradbury
Old 2011-03-05, 8:19pm
Run Free Sweet Boy

Kristen, PM me your email addy and I will send you the pic. Tried to pull up your website and got zilch... hmmmmmmmmm

Old 2011-03-06, 4:52am
Isinglass Design

Now that we know which ones were picked, I think we should all show them off. Mine was pretty dark in that photo

Laurie

Last edited by glassbead; 2011-03-06 at 4:54am. Reason: forgot photo
Old 2011-03-06, 5:38am
StudioMarcy

so very cute, Laurie

Marcy Lamberson
Studio Marcy
Old 2011-03-06, 5:47am
Your Royal Fritness

Strange but true

I love him Laurie! Here is my Space Ship. Congrats everyone!
Attached Images

Old 2011-03-06, 7:49am
Mermaid in Training

Here is the one they choose. I was hoping it was the alien ladybug... hubby wanted the horny one eyed bling thing so NO one won the bet.... it was the dark horse that won...LOL
Attached Images

Dizzy Bead on Etsy
Old 2011-03-06, 11:41am
Run Free Sweet Boy

Mine was the space walk suit. The one with the blurry pic

Candice

Old 2011-03-06, 12:25pm
Hot Glass Neophyte

I like the idea of everyone posting theirs here, so we can see them in one place. I hope everyone will! I posted these already, but to add them to the collection, here they are again... Critter Astronauts.

Old 2011-03-06, 12:45pm

Here are mine that are going to space.

I've been trying to add everyone on facebook but am not having much luck finding everyone. If you want to add me look for Terri Brant Fout

Old 2011-03-06, 1:11pm
StudioMarcy

I'm trying to add everyone too. find me under Marcy Lamberson. Cute beads everyone. This is cool.

Marcy Lamberson
Studio Marcy
Old 2011-03-06, 1:46pm
Shelarious

Here are the two of mine beaming up:

Old 2011-03-06, 6:34pm

Bottom chimp for me.
Attached Images

Become a fan on Facebook:
Old 2011-03-06, 7:24pm
Hot Glass Neophyte

Gosh, so cute you all. How fun and what a special privilege Lori and BOC have given us with this!
Old 2011-03-07, 4:39am
Ruri Glass Studio

Here's mine. It depicts meteor shower.
It is not the very bead but similar. I used magenta instead of blue dichro, though. It is very hard to photograph this bead.

Old 2011-03-07, 12:45pm

Heres some info on the shuttle.
In searching for that perfect name for the shuttle there was a contest held and school children submitted their ideas. The one chosen was the Endeavour. The Endeavour was a british ship from the 18th century. Did you know there were 11 scientists and artists as part of the crew?
I thought this was interesting and wanted to share it with you.

Old 2011-03-07, 12:57pm
Hot Glass Neophyte

Emiko, that is a gorgeous bead, and so clever. I wish I could see your original in person!

Terri, thank you for that info!
Old 2011-03-07, 7:54pm

Default Bead Going Into Space

I took a group picture but its the bottom right bead. I made the classic galaxy bead with murrini from Chase Designs, found them on Etsy.

And yes, I have told everybody I meet.

Julie

Old 2011-03-07, 8:20pm

The strand is up on the blog, which is great since mine isn't the bead I posted here!
. Jeri

Still selling beadstands but no more Puffy Mandrels.
Old 2011-03-07, 8:39pm
AKA: Noodlesaurus

Great beads everyone... awesome to see them all together.... I also am on FB... friends with Marcy and Terri... so as you guys find them or me we can all connect.... Kris Schaible.....

Thanks for the trivia Terri!!!

or
,~Punties, Mandrels,Beads.....GTT Phantom....
Old 2011-03-07, 9:13pm

Oooh, this is fun seeing everyone's space bead! Here is mine.

Chris