TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Free Tutorials

Old 2013-09-13, 8:28am
JulieV

I've heard you need to empty the holding tank at the end of each day. Does anyone know if that's true? Like bleed off the line and empty the tank?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2013-09-13, 8:41am
I'm meeeeelting

I've never heard that nor bothered emptying mine.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Kevlar Fingerless Gloves:
Old 2013-09-13, 4:08pm

Trey does state at the end of the tute to empty the tank at the end of your torching session, to minimise the risk of O2 leaking back into your concentrator

Old 2013-09-14, 6:40am
JulieV

Duh! Thank you for point that out labelleperle! Blind in one eye and can't see out of the other.

Old 2014-07-07, 8:07pm
Phill

I suppose it would be possible to put a one-way check valve or a simple open/close valve on both the input and out put lines or even just one open close valve right at the tank line.

That would allow you to hold todays excess o2 and use it tomorrow.

But it would be another thing or three to keep track of as part of your start up and shut down routines.

I would do it but I like my life just about as complicated as I can get it. ( As long as I limit my self to one woman. I am not that kind of stupid).
Old 2014-07-13, 4:45pm
Co-owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Lutman View Post
Great tutorial Trey! I'm using 2 5 lpm units with a mini CC right now, and am running the O2 wide open. I was thinking of getting a 3rd concentrator, but I wonder if this would give me the extra that I need? I know you claim not to be an expert , but any idea if it would work for me?
Toni, A third oxycon may well produce what you want. remember, you can mix different LPM oxycons (5's and 20's) but if you link different output PSI units together you will cause the lowest one to fail due to increased back pressure. Many people do not realize that teflon tape is flammable. so, always use brass fittings that have been oxygen cleaned and don't use anything other than green (oxygen cleaned) trflon tape if you use anything.

PHONE: (385) 237-3365
OXYGEN 24 HOUR TEXT LINE: (801) 949-0575
LAMPWORKING 24 HOUR TEXT LINE: (801) 949-0576