Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2013-12-09, 1:50pm

Default Pink Help?

Hi Everyone....I have been playing with a lot of pinks and come up with some combos that I like. I also purchased Think Pink, by Sarah Hornik. But can anyone help me with this sort of reaction/combo? Isn't this Rubino??....and I can't seem to get ANYTHING to come out like...thoughts???? Maybe it isn't even Effetre.....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

~
~
~
~
Old 2013-12-09, 1:59pm
Artistically Absorbed

EDP, Effetre Rubino(maybe other gold pinks not sure) and Sedona will push colors around like that, there may be others too that I don't know about. If that doesn't work, adjust the bottom color some are more prone to the effect than others.

Believe in Yourself and Anything is Possible!
SRA Artist A64

Old 2013-12-09, 2:24pm
formerly Marella

Rubino over Effetre opaque dark pink will give that effect...don't overheat or reduce the rubino though, nice and slow melting it in.

Also BE Transparent Fuchsia over Pink Smoothie will do that.

~
~
~
Old 2013-12-09, 2:26pm

Messy cranberry over white http://www.creationismessy.com/color.aspx?id=25

Old 2013-12-09, 2:31pm

Wow, thank you everyone for the help. I'm headed out to give this another whirl! I really appreciate all of your experience and help.

~
~
~
~
Old 2013-12-09, 3:36pm
Lampworkaholic!

You could ask Serena.

http://www.serenasbeadery.com

Since those are her beads.

Liz

"And all will turn to silver glass, a light on the water, grey ships pass into the west." Annie Lennox
Old 2013-12-09, 4:09pm
Practicing perfect

No help here, but those are beautiful beads.

Liz, thank you for the web link. That is an awesome site.

Old 2013-12-09, 4:40pm
Pugs rule

Rubino over dark pink and dark pink dots, I make them all the time.

Old 2013-12-09, 5:01pm

Thanks everyone. Kiln's full. We'll see how they turned out !! Yay!

~
~
~
~
Old 2013-12-09, 6:21pm
sunscreen me baby

That might be Bullseye pinks she used. Hope yours make you happy.

~

Old 2013-12-28, 2:13pm

Thank you everyone for your help!! I had a very happy customer, and these were my final beads...

~
~
~
~
Old 2013-12-28, 4:20pm
The Harbinger of Cuteness

Lovely beads!

I like how you've strung them too. I have never seen one of those bracelets strung up with beads but now I understand the attraction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieann1674 View Post
Thank you everyone for your help!! I had a very happy customer, and these were my final beads...

~
~

#M-191
Old 2013-12-28, 4:49pm

Thank you so much Aimee! I love wearing a bangle or flex bangle with stopper beads.

~
~
~
~
Old 2013-12-28, 6:27pm
I speak Murrini!

Came out really lovely Julie!

"Only a fool rushes to his own demise..." ~Zorro
Old 2013-12-28, 7:27pm
Senior Moment

That came out great Julie! I can understand why she's pleased

Alli

I never finish anything. I have a black belt in partial arts.
Old 2013-12-29, 5:54am

Julie, I also bought Sarah's book and have been playing with Rubino Oro. I have been looking on line for information and I came across an old thread on Wet Canvas which is very interesting.
I thought you might like to check it out:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/show...hreadid=119760

Bob

e-mail:
Old 2013-12-29, 6:51am

Thank you everyone!

And thanks Bob for the link to that thread, I am going to play some more with the Rubino tomorrow, more inspiration from you!....love Sarah's book as well. So much to learn.

I LOVE GLASS!

~
~
~
~
Old 2013-12-30, 8:13pm

I've written a lot about Rubino and other pinks over the years on my blog - here's a link to a Rubino search if it helps:
http://coloraddictionblog.blogspot.com/search?q=rubino

Old 2014-01-06, 3:40pm

Lovely beads Julie. I love them on that bracelet. Can I ask you where you buy your bangle bracelets from?

My Ebay
Old 2014-01-14, 2:07pm

Hi Kat, I bought these from a bulk buy via Thialand with a friend jeweler. I do offer them in my Etsy shop, but won't probably do another buy for a while.

~
~
~
~
Old 2014-01-14, 2:30pm
http://youtu.be/nGt9jAkWi

http://users.zoominternet.net/~beadg...ce_effects.jpg

Vivian

-