Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Customer Service Kiosk

Customer Service Kiosk -- Questions for LE vendors.

Old 2008-09-09, 9:07pm

Default WANTED: Effetre Dk & Lt TEAL 2006 BATCHES OR EARLIER.

Hi,

I ran out of old stock on Effetre dk & lt Teal, reordered from several sources and discovered that the beautiful blue tonality in the teal has now sided to more of an emerald green. Actually, the new batches of dark and light teal fall right inbetween the dk/lt emerald and dk/lt 2006 batches/OR EARLIER BATCHES of teal.

Does anyone have the older tonality of true blue tinted Teal shades of Effetre
591026 LT TEAL
591027 DK TEAL

I would like two pounds on each for myself and students if possible.

Thanks for checking your stock! ~ Starleen

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2008-09-10, 3:15am
Who me?

Are you sure you ordered the right thing? The teals have alway been green. The blues I think you may be looking for are Lt Aqua (034) and Dk Aqua (034).

Or I could be all wrong.......

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by swamper; 2008-09-10 at 3:21am.
Old 2008-09-10, 6:46am
Roo ...

I've also noticed a lot of variability in the Effetre transparent teal. My only solution was to go to a local retail glass store and sort the rods myself (and pay a bit more than mail-order). The green version of the teal is oh-so-close to regular green. I've been too reluctant to mail-order any more as I now have a pile of the green teal that just isn't that distinct from green, IMHO.

Regards,
- Becky H.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2008-09-11, 12:00pm

Thanks for the feedback.

Nope, I am describing good old pre 2006 teal batches. The old sea blue teal is a thing of the past I am afraid... Ran through the poundages in the shop and reordered to discover a difference.

On a brighter note, I have two shades of green blue that are new!

Still seeking old batches of teal. In the photo below the two rods to the left belong to the old batch, and the two to the right are from the new. The darker old batch teal color is more blue in hand.

ALL RODS WERE PURCHASED FROM FRANTZ. I CHECKED MY INVOICE RECORDS AND THE LT TEAL ROD TO THE FAR LEFT WAS PURCHASED IN 2004 FROM FRANTZ, ONE YEAR PRIOR TO LAMPWORKING.

~ Starleen
Attached Images

Last edited by *StarleensStudio*; 2008-09-13 at 8:06am. Reason: CLARIFICATION ON WHERE ROD TO LEFT WAS PURCHASED.
Old 2008-09-11, 1:12pm

I think I have some of both old color transparent teals. Some before 2005. PM Me
Liz R

MADE IN THE U.S.A.

Lead me not into temptation, Oh hell follow me I know a short cut
Old 2008-09-12, 7:16am

Thanks for the teal, I will take it.

Anyone else? Still searching for a few students. ~ Starleen

Old 2008-09-12, 9:15am

the rod on the left is from me. I've got both and I think it's what you are looking for.
Let me know and I'll take a pic of it first

Old 2008-09-12, 9:16pm

Is this it??

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Paula

Still North America's Largest Lauscha Dealer!
Now reopened in South Florida!!
Like US on Facebook !
Old 2008-09-12, 9:21pm
Rare Florida Native

My goodness I have some rods that are from the late 90's....I will use them wisely!

Old 2008-09-12, 10:29pm

I still have some of the batch that you bought from me. It's the light teal. The rod in your picture on the very left. I don't have much however but I do have at least a pound left from it. My dark....I'd have to say looks like the rod on the left next to my other rod is what mine looks like.
I know you teach alot so I'm not sure I've got enough but you can try Frantz....This isn't that old....nor was the batch your looking for..it was last year when you got it so hopefully it's still around!

BTW...Left or right? If your looking at the rods in your picture it's the one that's hand written numbers. that's how I figured out they were from my batch.

Old 2008-09-13, 5:57am
state-eternal change

Yeah - I noticed this back a couple months ago when I got some more light teal in that it was greener than what I had before. Vive la difference!

Old 2008-09-13, 7:55am

Rennie/Irene, I think you are mistaken as the rod on the left was purchased from Frantz art Glass in June of 2004 the year before I started lampworking
Hey, did you ever work for Frantz? That would make for a small world and would explain things. AGAIN ALL RODS IN PHOTO WERE PURCHASED FROM FRANTZ.
I only purchased 4 items from you ever under FlameKissed Glass and all on the same invoice:

vetro petrified wood - second peachy version batch sent instead
auction for vetro olive green - was substituted for the olive dark green instead.
vetro rubarb
and bullseye sea blue odd rods - some arrived broken

Thank you for attempting to help me resolve my teal need, but I think
I located it at

DEAD ON CORRECT SHADE I SEEK.

THANKS EVERYONE. I PICKED UP POUNDAGES NEEDED.

~ Starleen

Last edited by *StarleensStudio*; 2008-09-13 at 1:06pm.
Old 2008-09-14, 11:40pm

Thanks Starleen....I deleted the first post but yes you are correct. The rods (3) of them must be from Frantz directly.
The one with the handwritten words is mine however but again it was bought from Frantz.
So the source is all the same.
Glad you found what you were looking for though.
Have a great week.

Old 2008-09-15, 4:02am

Thanks for the PM's and emails / calls. I have ordered a couple pounds from different sources and if ANYONE out there going through teal hunting would like to ensure that they are getting the correct shade desired, just PM me and I will send you a little inch off all 4 Frantz rods. No charge. I will try to remember to pop back in once glass arrives to share my sources for future teal hunters. I think I am the only nut hunting it down though

By the way, the new teals are pretty. A totally new shade of teal green.

~ Starleen

(Flamekissed: So you agree finally that I did not buy them from you? Wow... These rods are pretty old. Ah forumland. It's all good. Best wishes to you and I hope your post just sells out the whole storefront)

Old 2008-09-15, 7:18am

LOL ...well like I said, My distributor is Frantz Glass as well so the source is all the same right? MY rod is essentially his rod is what I was saying.
All I was doing was trying to help you in your time frame. The rod IS mine but it was bought after 2006. Only that one though. Not all of them.
Glad you found a pretty new shade of teal. Seems like "teal" is the hot color this year!
Take care and happy teaching