Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2013-12-06, 3:20pm

Default A couple of questions about Boro

I have never used Boro and I have an idea for a project where it's low coe and it being less shocky would work. First I am working on a National m-8 torch with a with a 5 litter concentrator, will that get the glass moving. I am not trying to melt the glass as much as trying to shape rods around a mandrel to make something like spirals. The reason I think boro would work for this project is I think it wont shatter before I wind up the entire rod.
Bob

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

e-mail:

Last edited by bob; 2013-12-06 at 4:01pm.
Old 2013-12-06, 5:01pm

It depends on the diameter of the rod. Sure a 4 or 5 mm rod could me done with your setup. Use graphite not a mandrel. Make sure you anneal it afterward. You will need to get it all the way melted.

Chuck
Old 2013-12-07, 5:26am

Thanks Chuck, I appreciate the help. If I am not mistaken we run across each other on another Stained glass forum.
Bob

e-mail:
Old 2013-12-08, 1:19pm

Spirals are the same as coils... Here is an old thread where coils are discussed. There are a few videos that will show you how they are done.
http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh...ighlight=Drier

Viking knit End Caps for sale:
[/url]https://heatherferman.etsy.com[/url]