Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials

Old 2010-01-29, 11:38am

Cheryl Curran bought 4 tutorials from me, Ron Smith did a reversal of payment on all 4.

Got ripped off. I think that Etsy should get rid of the sundown487 account.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2010-01-29, 11:40am

I chimed in, and I don't even sell!
Old 2010-01-29, 11:48am

Oooops double post

Old 2010-01-29, 12:00pm

Paypal is obviously not the way to go when it comes to tutorials ( I honestly think they aren't good for anything).

How does amazon payments work? They probably sell e books, and I have bought from websites other then amazon, using amazon payments. It's secure, and I don't have to supply amazon with info that is none odf their business, unlike paypal.

I don't have a paypal account anymore, which can be difficult when looking to buy from etsy, or many of your websites.

Old 2010-01-29, 1:29pm
Give to receive...simple.

Thumbs up

I signed the petition on Etsy ! Better than sitting still and doing nothing.. Power to the people I say!

Old 2010-01-29, 1:40pm

Can someone post a link to that petition, please? I don't know how to get there.
Old 2010-01-29, 1:41pm
Queen Bee

Whoa! This is just awful - I don't sell tutorials, but based on this, if I did, I would switch to mailing a CD unless you know the person. I'm sure it doesn't end with tutorials, and thanks so much for alerting us. I'll make sure I don't ship anything to this person should he pop up.

I would be on the look out to make sure they don't re-sell them. Why else would they need so many tutorials? I'm quite worried about that........they get them for free and re-sell them at 100% profit. I'd search etsy and ebay and make sure your tuts aren't listed somewhere illegally. My tummy hurts, and my spidey sense is tingling............

On a side note, I always keep a TON of money in PayPal - I just deposited all but $30 in my bank account. My Mom told me I was crazy and obviously she was right! I hate when that happens.................

Donna

Vintage & Contemporary Beads, Findings, Chains, Trinity Brass, Vintaj, Bead Tubing, Bobbins

Handmade Artist Lampwork Jewelry
Old 2010-01-29, 2:04pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by slcuniques View Post
Can someone post a link to that petition, please? I don't know how to get there.
The link is on post #27.
Old 2010-01-29, 2:40pm
Flame Dame

Anyone think about calling the newspaper and giving them more information about Cheryl. Seems like she enjoys doing this. The reporter's email addy was on the site at the beginning of the article. You all have documents, so it should be easy to point the finger at the police chief's wife. It won't look good for either of them.

Leah

Etsy ID: leahbeads
Old 2010-01-29, 3:25pm

Wow, there are some dodgy people out there - how do they live with themselves and look in the mirror.

I have to admit that I had a chargeback incident using paypal from my own account to two people on LE - there was plenty of money available, but it turned out that my bank had Paypal listed as a fraudulent website... go figure!

I OF COURSE got it sorted and out repaid, but I don't think I have ever been so embarrassed and mortified that those ladies (even for a second) might think I was trying to rip them off. The crap thing was that it took about 3 days for that to happen so they had already sent my stuff.

Now people that deliberately use the system to steal stuff - that is sick!

Nat

Old 2010-01-29, 10:07pm

I second contacting the writer at the newspaper. The charges he wrote about before were old. This might be of great interest to him and his paper.

Kari
Old 2010-01-29, 11:44pm

I still say this is internet fraud! Contact the FBI and let them handle it. Maybe she used their friend CaptRon's account and he found out and did the charge backs. Anyway this is definately something the FBI handles..
It just pisses me off that people do this. We have got to stand together and file charges, take them to court.. whatever it takes to get the word out there.

Old 2010-01-30, 2:41pm
I'm a lilac!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeahBeads View Post
Anyone think about calling the newspaper and giving them more information about Cheryl. Seems like she enjoys doing this. The reporter's email addy was on the site at the beginning of the article. You all have documents, so it should be easy to point the finger at the police chief's wife. It won't look good for either of them.

Leah
I absolutely agree with this. I think everyone's who's been hit should call both the newspaper and the police department! This is a known, ongoing pattern, and it's also interstate fraud, which makes it a federal crime.

Old 2010-01-30, 4:02pm

Cheryl Curran bought one tutorial from me (since I only have one to sell...) and yesterday I had that paypal thing from Ron Smith - charge back.... And my english isn't really good enough to do something against that. I only hope, that there are no others inspired by this tactic...

I did screenshots to prove, that I sent out the tut; will that be enough to file a complaint on Etsy?

and the purchase:

and the charge back:

I'm really not soooo happy - no one likes to be cheated. But it is the first time *crossmyfingers* and hopefully also the last time.

Regards
Angela

oh, edit: @beadblossom: thats the reason why I sell my e-book with a personal password. and each password is countersaved by another one in the document.

Last edited by Angel; 2010-01-30 at 4:10pm.
Old 2010-02-01, 10:21am

Hi you all,

I've got a answer today from sundown487:

Quote:
by sundown487 profile shop contact
I am very sorry if your payment was reversed. I thought the money was there but I found out the hard way it was not. I was not trying to steal from any of you, I'm not a thief. I would never have done this if I had known the money was not there. I am so very, very sorry and will pay you as soon as I can. I didn't do the reversal PayPal did it.I didn't mean to hurt any of you. Please let me know if it was reversed.
Thank you, Cheryl
1 February 2010 10:02am EDT
Did other involved people got the same explanation?

Asks
Angela

Old 2010-02-01, 10:58am

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBB View Post
Remember guys, this works both ways. I purchased a piece of software for my phone, thinking I was paying via paypal so I was safe it is didn't work. It doesn't work, the seller refuses to answer my emails. I filed a claim with paypal and got this as a response.

Our investigation into your claim is complete. As stated in our User
Agreement, the claims process only applies to the shipment of goods. It
does not apply to complaints about the attributes or quality of goods
received. Therefore, we are unable to reverse this transaction or issue a
refund.

Mine was only $5, so I am lucky but make sure when you are buying, as well as selling that you know who you are dealing with.
This statement looks like you have no recourse with PayPal if it only applies to the shipment of goods. If you just say you are unhappy with product then
you can do a charge back. Nice of PayPal to cover their assets and leave you
to cover the costs.
Katie
Old 2010-02-01, 11:01am
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel View Post
Hi you all,

I've got a answer today from sundown487:

Did other involved people got the same explanation?

Asks
Angela
She's telling different lies to different people - she CONFESSED to the sheriff's deputy. She is a liar and a thief, imo.

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.
Old 2010-02-03, 8:59pm

I am really not trusting Paypal at all.
Do some of you remember the story of silver glass a few year back with Leigh? She's agreed to return the money back to us after a lot of pressure from some of you. My funds was short a few dollars. It's ok to me, i think it's better than if i did not get any back.
Last year i received a message from Paypal that the sum that i've requested to charge back to me (again) was rejected. That made me scare. I replied to them immediately and told them that i did not request anything from Paypal.
Since then i did not use them any more. I don't know should i close my account with Paypal. The problem is you guys always ask for Paypal on Garage Sale.
Old 2010-02-03, 9:46pm
Critter Mom

Chau I get weird stuff like that every so often and in my case it's always been spam. I just forward it on to PayPal Fraud Department and let them tell me if it's real or not. So far it's always been spam. Whenever you get something from PayPal, Ebay, etc. that says somethings happening with your account that you have no knowledge of just send it to the companies Fraud Department. Don't answer the email, that's how they suck you in and get personal information.

Old 2010-02-04, 10:59am

people that do that will also make multiple copies and either sell them cheaper or give them away. I hope that they have no retail site.....Paypay also does not protect buyers. I paid a person to create a website for me and she never did. She took several hundred dollars and never produced anything. I filed a complaint and because she had no funds in her paypal account it was never refunded.
Old 2010-02-04, 11:22am
Will work for glass...

Gosh, this is horrible. I can't believe people have the gall to do this! Now I'm re-thinking whether or not I want to use PayPal...hmmmm....
Old 2010-02-07, 1:10pm
I'm listen-Oooh, sparkly!

Hmmm, I've got a friend who is a freelance writer for one of the local papers (Sarcoxie is the next town west of us), I'll have to mention this to her when I see her . . . . .

I haven't heard of many people in the area doing lampworking, and I KNOW I've never heard of this person . . . . .

"Be the change you want to see in the world." Ghandi
Old 2010-02-10, 10:40am
Still makin' flowers...

Well, she's back. She just purchased some of my tutorials on Jewelrylessons.com and then had the audacity to email me a whole list of questions regarding the tutorials. It is clear that she doesn't have the intermediate skills to to the tutorials in the first place and doesn't realize that I know her game, so I'm not going to bother responding.

I'm sure she'll do a chargeback. I've already emailed Eni about this lady (gave her a heads up when we first started discussing this), so she knows, and I'm not going to be out any money because Eni says that in case of this sort of thing she's got some attorney stuff already in place and some way of tracing whether folks have logged in to download their tutorials.

My question is for the attorney already on this case - should I add my name to the list even though I'm not out any cash? LMK.

--NEW and Updated Beading Tutorials for all levels
!
Old 2010-02-10, 10:44am
I'm the 1000th poster!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HannahRachel View Post
Well, she's back. She just purchased some of my tutorials on Jewelrylessons.com and then had the audacity to email me a whole list of questions regarding the tutorials. It is clear that she doesn't have the intermediate skills to to the tutorials in the first place and doesn't realize that I know her game, so I'm not going to bother responding.

I'm sure she'll do a chargeback. I've already emailed Eni about this lady (gave her a heads up when we first started discussing this), so she knows, and I'm not going to be out any money because Eni says that in case of this sort of thing she's got some attorney stuff already in place and some way of tracing whether folks have logged in to download their tutorials.

My question is for the attorney already on this case - should I add my name to the list even though I'm not out any cash? LMK.
YES!!!!! Call him now! No way she should be buying anything while this is under investigation. Was the paypal captnron03?

Old 2010-02-10, 10:44am
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

I would at least contact the detective and let him know she is still doing it.

DOG is my co-pilot
Old 2010-02-10, 10:45am
Jacqueline Parkes

WAIT! You mean after her apology and confessing to the police she has purchased more tutorials?

And to give her the benefit of the doubt. Maybe she is intending to actually pay for yours but I would think she should first pay back all the people she has hurt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HannahRachel View Post

Old 2010-02-10, 10:54am
HOt WArm COld = Howaco

How did she pay?

Old 2010-02-10, 10:55am
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

honestly, what a dumb ass. Like glass and jewelry people don't cross or know each other.

DOG is my co-pilot
Old 2010-02-10, 10:57am
Still makin' flowers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierces*designs View Post
YES!!!!! Call him now! No way she should be buying anything while this is under investigation. Was the paypal captnron03?
Unfortunately, I have no way of knowing that because of the way that JewelryLessons.com has their tutorial downsloads set up. However, she had the audacity to email me questions regarding the tutorials.

!
Old 2010-02-10, 11:00am
Still makin' flowers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JameyLynn View Post
How did she pay?
When you join JewelryLessons.com, you upload your tutorials to their server. The system handles all downloads and all payments, and Eni pays the artists for the tutorials that they have sold at the end of each month. I wouldn't have even known she had purchased if I hadn't seen that I have recently sold two tutorials and then directly following received a PM from her. If she hadn't PMed me, it would have remained anonymous to me (although not to Eni).

So, Jamey... that's a long-ish answer saying "she purchased using a Paypal account, but I'm not sure who's it was."

!