LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials

Old 2010-01-29, 4:17pm
HOt WArm COld = Howaco

There were 5 purchases total that day. She came off as being a new lampworker, one of the things she bought was a beginners kit. So I guess she needed all those tutorials to go along with her new torch,

Old 2010-01-29, 4:17pm
I'm the 1000th poster!!

Here is the info from the Jasper County (where this is) Sherrif's office.

This is not a petty thing. This is thousands of dollars.

Contact Information

Jasper County Sheriff's Office
2907 County Road 180
Carthage, MO 64836

Jasper County Detention Center
405 East 5th Street
Carthage, MO 64836

Phones: (417)358-8177 & (417) 624-1601
Fax: (417)627-0993

Call in a tip: (417)781-TIPS (8477)
Send us a tip: tips@jaspercountysheriff.org

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2010-01-29, 4:18pm

My heart goes out to all who have been stolen from. Morons like that shouldn't be allowed in LE or in the glass world.

#W122
Meow.

Oh, sorry Debbie. Bah.

I just sent Brent Curran a message on facebook:

Maybe you want to go here and clear some stuff up.

http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh...87#post2863387

There are some folks named Cheryl Curran and Ron Smith who are ripping off a lot of people in a tight-knit community. Or their identities have been stolen. Either way, as the Police Chief and with both listed as friends of yours here I hope you'd help some small business owners who really are taking some beatings financially with whatever this scam is. Help us get to the bottom of it?!

On another note, check out Ron Smith's pages listed. If the monetary issues were resolved it would be HUMOROUS.

http://www.facebook.com/friends/?id=...p?id=609636057

Go on. Click it!

Yes. We. Did!
HOt WArm COld = Howaco

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierces*designs View Post
Jamey, who did you speak to in that town??
I did not get his name, but he was the only one there in the office. I get the impression it is a really small town. He pretty much blew me off saying I needed to file a report here in my town. Did that, but the police officer here told me I needed to file a report down there. Would that be ironic if I spoke with the man himself?

Old 2010-01-29, 4:22pm

call back. Ask for a supervisor. keep repeating the dollar figure they of what they stole from you.
Old 2010-01-29, 4:23pm
I'm the 1000th poster!!

Jamey Lynn, I just PM'd you

Old 2010-01-29, 4:23pm
Meow.

Jamey Lynn, did you call these numbers?

Sarcoxie City Police Department
113 6th Street, Sarcoxie - (417) 548-3500

Sarcoxie Police Department
111 North 6th Street, Sarcoxie - (417) 548-7242

I'd flat out ask for Brent Curran and ask if he knows these people.

Go on. Click it!

Yes. We. Did!
Old 2010-01-29, 4:25pm
I'm the 1000th poster!!

It was recommended to me from someone in the area to call the jasper county sheriff.

Contact Information

2907 County Road 180
Carthage, MO 64836

405 East 5th Street
Carthage, MO 64836

Anyone involved, call them and point them here if you have to.

Old 2010-01-29, 4:26pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by JameyLynn View Post
I did not get his name, but he was the only one there in the office. I get the impression it is a really small town. He pretty much blew me off saying I needed to file a report here in my town. Did that, but the police officer here told me I needed to file a report down there. Would that be ironic if I spoke with the man himself?
You need to call back your own pd and explain to them that they will not take a report in the other town. You might print out the article someone posted and the face book connections when you do and email them.

We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the secret sits in the middle and knows. ~ Robert Frost
Old 2010-01-29, 4:33pm
HOt WArm COld = Howaco

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgslampwork View Post
Jamey Lynn, did you call these numbers?

Sarcoxie City Police Department
113 6th Street, Sarcoxie - (417) 548-3500

Sarcoxie Police Department
111 North 6th Street, Sarcoxie - (417) 548-7242

I'd flat out ask for Brent Curran and ask if he knows these people.
the 417-548-3500 is the number I called today.
I will call the jasper county number tomorrow.
My head hurts to much tonight!

Old 2010-01-29, 4:46pm
HOt WArm COld = Howaco

I think this thread needs to be moved somewhere where it will get seen by more people.

Old 2010-01-29, 4:50pm
one day at a time

Oh NO, Jamey!!!! This is horrible!! I feel awful for all of you that got hit by this POS. Paypal stinks!!!

I hope most of you realize that this person doesn't really need tutorials, or glass, or anything to do with lampwork. They are stealing your money. Somehow they got on our little planet Glass World and found a way to steal from this community through Paypal chargeback scamming.

We had better hope it doesn't become a popular trend, because good luck with PP doing anything more than they already do to protect us sellers.

Last edited by Lisi; 2010-01-29 at 5:01pm.
Old 2010-01-29, 4:55pm
one day at a time

Last edited by Lisi; 2010-01-29 at 5:01pm.
Old 2010-01-29, 4:58pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by JameyLynn View Post
I think this thread needs to be moved somewhere where it will get seen by more people.
Jamey, there is a link to this thread in the Legal Room -- people will be directed to this thread. I'm sorry you're being put through this.

J.
"Hatred is never ended by hatred but by love, and a misunderstanding is never ended by argument but by tact, diplomacy, conciliation, and a sympathetic desire to see the other person's viewpoint." ~The Buddha | “We are all humans and none of us is more human than the other.” Romeo Dallaire "Never look down on anybody unless you're helping him up." ~ Rev.Jesse Jackson]
Old 2010-01-29, 5:11pm

Can you contact your local states attorneys office or the states attorneys office in the town the person is from?
What about your local news station? I know that in Chicago here people call Dave Savini (sp) who is on one of the big networks.....he digs into all of this stuff. Maybe a local reporter in your area can assist you.
Old 2010-01-29, 6:27pm

Hey. I just posted to the thread in the potty. Not sure if I should repost it here cuz I don't want to give them any "excuses" just in case (you'll see what I mean when you read it). If someone wants to repost it here or in the legal room thread, please
feel free (& do me a favor) only because I may not be around for the night. I do hope to check back though.

Also, there's a request in there from me to help any one here with paypal or eBay questions whenever they feel the need. So please take a peek. It's on page 7.

"Art enables us to find ourselves and lose ourselves at the same time." ~Thomas Merton
Old 2010-01-29, 7:26pm

Oh I just love that "Ron" has a link to Joyce Meyer Ministries on his FB! I just love these pseudo Christians, ripping off the little people!

Old 2010-01-29, 7:43pm
extreme novice

I posted this in bathroom but thought it should also be here----
You might also want to contact the Jasper County Prosecuting Attorney. He is:
Dean Dankelson
Jasper County Courts Bldg.
601 Pearl, Suite 100
Joplin, MO 64801
417-625-4314
They handle bad checks.
Donna in KC
Old 2010-01-29, 7:59pm
Anyone need some spacers?

I don't know what to say, I am new to the sales game and didn't realize this type of thing could even happen.

Sorry to hear so many of you have been hit.

((((((hugs to my friend Jamey Lynn and the rest of you)))))))))))

Old 2010-01-29, 8:13pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holly'sFolly View Post
Oh I just love that "Ron" has a link to Joyce Meyer Ministries on his FB! I just love these pseudo Christians, ripping off the little people!
yes, some people use Christianity as a cloak for their unrighteousness.

they will get what is coming to them sooner or later for that and everything else they do.
Old 2010-01-29, 8:26pm
Never Never Land

What a freakin scumbag, whomever it is.

I think you guys should all write letters to the editor and try mail them so that they reach the newspaper all within the same day or two. If it isn't picked up for comment, reprint and repeat ... as many times as necessary.

If you are a blower of glass, fashion the cup as if it were to be touched by the lips of your beloved.
Old 2010-01-29, 8:27pm
The Andrea Half

Oh, Jamey, that's horrible! I'm sorry you took such a hit, and I'm sorry for everyone else who has been damaged by this scumbag masquerading as a human being.

Old 2010-01-29, 8:41pm
I'm the 1000th poster!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_rivkah View Post
What a freakin scumbag, whomever it is.

I think you guys should all write letters to the editor and try mail them so that they reach the newspaper all within the same day or two. If it isn't picked up for comment, reprint and repeat ... as many times as necessary.
Also contact this number..often

Contact Information

2907 County Road 180
Carthage, MO 64836

405 East 5th Street
Carthage, MO 64836

----

And here:
http://www.ky3.com/

417-268-3000

Old 2010-01-29, 8:42pm

I'm really sorry, too, Jamey and everyone else. It's heart wrenching.
Old 2010-01-29, 8:54pm

I'm really sorry too! This is awful!

My Facebook
Old 2010-01-29, 10:47pm
Fire n Sand Glass Art

----------------

Jamey, my heart goes out to you (and the others).
I think there is a way to set up your Paypal NOT to allow any e-checks of any kind. Many power sellers on ebay seems to have very limited payment sources when it come to Paypal.

REALLY SUCKS!

~
~
~
~

Last edited by giapet; 2010-01-30 at 12:10am.
Old 2010-01-30, 5:25am

This is just horrible to think people have no conscience...otherwise they wouldn't do this sort of thing.

I was trying to research legal information for you guys. I know that when the postal service is involved and the amount of fraud is over $500. This becomes a federal offense. I was unable to locate info on whether it would still be federal if all of you collectively added up to $500 instead of one incident.

I would definitely contact a lawyer...a 15 minute consultation would tell you what you need to know and get you started in the right direction. CROSS YOUR "T'S" AND DOT YOUR "I'S" and make sure you are doing everything right just in case you are able to take this sorry sack of *&%^ to court! Legalities...

Take care and good luck to you all.

Kat
Purr-Sonalities Glass Art
Old 2010-01-30, 6:22am
lurking on LE since 2005

Default tut

well, I just got an order for another tutorial, and I'm not going to stop doing what I'm doing and punish everyone else for this one cluster of people's sins, but I hate that it makes me wary now of everyone's purchases.
I am traumatized that people do this sort of thing, and deeply disturbed that paypal is so quick to take back what they shouldn't have given, and then not lift a finger to do anything to the people who entered into a contract to pay but didn't actually pay.

J-55

Check out my Encasing and HOLLOW tri-color Tutorials in my Etsy shop-and my NEW encased, layered, feathered bead!

Old 2010-01-30, 6:29am
Jamaican Me Crazy

Here is a list of Police Depts for Jasper county Mo.
Sarcoxie Police chief is a Ron Richards not smith
http://mova.missouri.org/counties/jasper.htm
since these sales have crossed county and state lines possibly international I would recommend contacting the U.S Marshals Dept.
http://www.usmarshals.gov/district/index.html
This Captain Ron Lives in Sunrise beach M.O. 145 miles from Sarcoxie
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunris...?v=wall&ref=mf
and I think he own this restaurant
http://www.captainronsatthelake.com/

Hope this is some help

Pete

Last edited by woodywood143; 2010-01-30 at 6:58am. Reason: add