Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Closed Thread

Old 2010-04-23, 11:12am
Hot Glass Neophyte

Default Devardi Glass Charts

As long as we're all suffering... I thought I would download their Glass Chart for us to look at!

So who wants what colors first? Let's hear what you're thinking of ordering!

Old 2010-04-23, 12:55pm
If the Wooden Shoes Fit??

Hi All;;
Sorry for the delay in saying THANK YOU for all the great comments and encouragement on my heart beads.... I had company...

Kristina :: Love the local yokels , look like such fun to make..

Paula :: I think so too... Fine silver chain for the SOP Baby Blue that turned an Old Jade color with the frit..

Holly (baby firefly ) I have a Mag torch from Devardi with a B.B.Q. Tank...

OH NO the glass is on hold....

I drove long haul truck for over 30 years so when Natasha says the glass is being held by customs I can sympathize with her... I can remember a container load I picked up at the docks in LA going to Canada.. Port authority held the container for 5 weeks and then customs in Vancouver, BC., held it for another 3 & weeks... So really Natasha isn't doing to bad on the waiting game... LOL .. It is just frustrating... 6 tons of glass is not going to list it's self, so after it gets in, I'm not sure I would want to be in Natasha's shoes... (OH of course I would, not so much the sorting and listing just the playing)
When the shipment comes in and I put in my order (large glass and tools) I will still have at least 2 more weeks to wait.... (2 weeks if Canada customs doesn't hold it).... ...
All we cane do is grin and bear it... But just think all the fun we'll have when it is up on the site and we can redo our shopping lists because there will be new colors we just have to have...

Houkje
Old 2010-04-23, 1:55pm

Thanks Kristina lol Like I don't already have $60 worth of glass on my list. Not counting the colors that are out of stock lol. I am getting the mandrel stacker for my kiln so I have more room, but really, most of my order is glass lol!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2010-04-23, 4:04pm
Remember to keep smiling

DARN IT I accidentally deleted my march newsletter that gets me to the sale area. That's what I get for going back so often and opening it.

SRA#P109
Old 2010-04-23, 4:07pm

Sonja, you're gonna LOVE that mandrel stacker...I have one and it's great!! I've still never been able to fill the Chili Pepper to capacity, but it certainly helps keep things organized in there.

Houkje, we're using the same torch and fuel, except when I want to go large, I run 2 mags !! I forgot that you have even longer to wait than the rest of us.....sorry...

Right now I'm concentrating on replacing my all time favorite colors, I am low on most of them....then I'll see what new colors come in.
Old 2010-04-23, 8:28pm

I am hoping to snag some of the colors that they are out of stock on. Have any of you tried the olive green? I really like that one a lot.

Old 2010-04-24, 4:57am
Hot Glass Neophyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulaP View Post
DARN IT I accidentally deleted my march newsletter that gets me to the sale area. That's what I get for going back so often and opening it.
Does your computer have TRASH file or some such? You may be able to find it. Does anyone else still have it to send the link to Paula?

Sonja, I have some but I haven't used it. Did you make anything with it?
Old 2010-04-24, 7:09am

oh Fudge.....I deleted my link to it too.....can anyone help us ???

Sonja, get some of the olive and I can give you something to try. I love that color !! I use SIS stringer, then roll the bead in "sunglow" frit by Glass Diversions, any kind of reactive frit will work. OMG, they are beautiful beads. I'll try to get pictures of the beads I made. Even using the SIS alone on that color makes really pretty beads, as the SIS explodes and spreads out all over the glass.....must be something in there that's magic. !

Last edited by baby firefly; 2010-04-24 at 7:10am. Reason: I can't spell
Old 2010-04-24, 8:34am

I have the olive, I will give the sis stringer a try. I haven't really done anything with it yet because it is a very dark color and I was drawing a blank lol as to what to do, so thank you for the idea. I don't have the link anymore either maybe Natasha can send it back out to us dummies? lol.

Old 2010-04-24, 9:05am
Hot Glass Neophyte

Common everybody! I'm going through withdrawls to see your work posted here! I'm low on Spring colors so I'm working on another bracelet using the rich Fall colors this time.

I'll post the finished bracelet when annealed and assembled, but here are the beads, and remember the blue ruffle bead? I used it for Teddy to sit on.

Now lets see some of yours!

Last edited by Fine Folly Glassworks; 2010-04-24 at 9:19am.
Old 2010-04-24, 10:17am
Forever P~P~P :0)

Hi Kristina..... thanks for adding your name. Now I can say "OMG Kristina, I love your local yocals and little charactors".

Sandy
No hurry ~ no worries ~ unless its hot & drippy..!

Hot Head & big BBQ tank of propane!

awesome banner by Knatty Dreadz!! WE MISS YOU!
Old 2010-04-24, 10:39am

Natasha just sent me the link to the newsletter, so we can all go drool some more.
http://www.devardiglass.com/SaleItemsApril.htm

Kristina, sadly I have no new pics to post, it's been raining for several days and the pictures I take inside never turn out worth a darn.

Last edited by baby firefly; 2010-04-25 at 6:53am. Reason: mistake in link
Old 2010-04-24, 11:12am
Hot Glass Neophyte

Thank you Sandy, they are to fun to make! I'll try again on the yokels when I get more of the salmon glass! Hopefully I won't fry their noses next time!

... and Holly, the link doesn't work for me... is it still waiting to be set up? and another thing, I got an OTT light at our local thrift store, and I put it on when I take indoor pics. It really makes a difference. Just an OTT bulb might be enough if you find one.
Old 2010-04-24, 11:41am
MonaRAEbeads.com

Location: I live in the Sierras, between Sacramento and Lake Tahoe.

Oh man! I won't be around a computer on the 27th or 28th!!! I hope my wish list doesn't get bought out. I want a shorts holder too!

to get 15% off my beads

Old 2010-04-24, 12:09pm
Remember to keep smiling

Holly again thank you for the link but I can't get it to open.

Kristina - The teddy bear looks adorable sitting on that wavy bead. What a great idea.

SRA#P109
Old 2010-04-24, 1:26pm

Okay here are a couple more from me.
The light blue beads are the light trans blue I believe. Can't remember what the other blue is lol. Sorry. Encesed in Devardi clear

This is the sky blue I think, might be the turquoise blue and silvered ivory stringer using Devardi ivory and Devardi silver foil.

Old 2010-04-24, 1:30pm
Hot Glass Neophyte

Beautiful encasing work, and I love the silver stringer effect in the swirl pattern over both blues!
Old 2010-04-24, 1:41pm
The Grand Foobah

Great job guys! Hoping to get some play time this evening!

Foofaraw is a style. An attitude. A fresh glimmer of fun. Foofaraw is unique.
Old 2010-04-24, 1:41pm
Remember to keep smiling

Sonja, love the beads. I still have problems with turquoise I always get it to hot and get red streaks. Great job.

SRA#P109
Old 2010-04-24, 3:40pm

Hi Paula, sorry about that, me and my sticky keyboard, didn't get the dot between the www devardiglass....Duh
www.devardiglass....stick the dot in there just like that and it should work!! again, sorry.
Old 2010-04-24, 3:57pm
Remember to keep smiling

Thanks Holly got it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by baby firefly View Post
Hi Paula, sorry about that, me and my sticky keyboard, didn't get the dot between the www devardiglass....Duh
www.devardiglass....stick the dot in there just like that and it should work!! again, sorry.

SRA#P109
Old 2010-04-25, 6:16am
Hot Glass Neophyte

Well, here's what i accomplished yesterday... I am trying to learn to set CZ's. I used 3 of Devardi's greens and my CG Beadrollers for barrels.

Does anyone else use these rollers or presses? What do you all do for shaping?

Old 2010-04-25, 6:29am

Can someone send me the link also please?

Kristina that is really cool!
I have a bead roller, the one with the four different shapes in it. I use it mostly for the discs but really need to sit down and practice with it, I know its an extremely useful tool and I need to really play with it one day. I also have a lentil press and a small pillow press. I would love a round tab press and one of those presses that make the rectangular tabs.

Old 2010-04-25, 6:57am

Sonja, go to post 912...I just edited the link, it will work for you now.....sorry guys. I should've done it that way yesterday....8 hours on the torch...no brainpower left. Sorry for all the confusion.
Old 2010-04-25, 8:06am
Remember to keep smiling

No presses No bead rollers on my wish list till I can get some I will enjoy looking at all the pretties here

SRA#P109
Old 2010-04-25, 9:18am
The Grand Foobah

I'm a bit of a toolaholic I have presses and rollers. It took me a bit to get the results I was looking for with the rollers, but I seem to have it now.

Old 2010-04-25, 11:24am
Hot Glass Neophyte

I could not function without the Graphite Rods I use all the time in the flame - one I sharpened and one I blunted. My husband drilled wood dowels for me to put them in since they immediately get hot.

But I am always using my tools in the flame, like we're told not to, so the graphite rods are great because you can put them right in and shape or meld as you melt. If you leave them in long enough they got as hot as glass and begin to stick, but it takes a while and they cool quickly.

These and the bead rollers have to be my favorites. I have a 1" Lentil press too that I use, but I wish I had gotten a flat back now.

What are YOUR favorite tools everybody?

Old 2010-04-25, 11:56am

Paula keep an eye out on the garage sale, that's where I got my presses and I was very happy with them. I got the bead roller for Christmas.

Kristina those look great, where did you find the rods?

Old 2010-04-25, 1:03pm
Hot Glass Neophyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverRiverJewelry View Post
Kristina those look great, where did you find the rods?
I got mine from the glass shop here that sells lampworking and stained glass supplies. You can find them on Ebay too, like this auction. They are cheap and break easily because they are basically pencil lead material.

Hope this helps!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Fine-Grain-Graph...-/390148922131
Old 2010-04-25, 3:00pm
The Grand Foobah

Love my lentil, pillow, tab, tile, zulu, nugget trios. And that is maybe 1/4 of my presses/rollers. I have a bad addiction. I'd post a picture, but it would only further substantiate that I need help!

Closed Thread

Tags
devardi