Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2017-07-10, 11:21am

Default Help with blown pendant

Hello everyone! Ive recently started experimenting with pendants using tubing, and have run into an issue. Every time i go to transfer the piece from the tubing to a punty, I have a large ridge from where the tubing was, and it is extremely difficult to melt in, and usually messes up my pieces. Has anyone else had this, and if so how do you handle it? Thank you so much in advance for any advice!

-Trent
Old 2017-07-10, 11:35am

Have tried cutting or trimming away the extra glass?

Michelle
Old 2017-07-11, 7:13am

Trim but don't use scissors. Peel away the glass with another cold rod. Also, if you place the flame in the crease between the tube and the top of your pendant, you will be able to tear way more.
Old 2017-07-12, 12:08pm

I trim, using cup shears from Jim Moore, leaving just a small amount of excess and tear that off a little at a time with a rod. If I try tearing off only, I either end up either taking to much glass at one time and end up distorting my piece, or taking forever to get the glass off in little swipes.
Old 2017-07-13, 9:17pm
Sucks at being nice

I heat the tube were it connects to the pendant and blow it out really thin before I tear it off. That leaves a lot less glass to clean off.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2017-07-17, 8:42am
ManBearPig

Blow it out as thin as you can, and pop the hole as close to the pendant as you can. Don't cut or use any metal tools. If you have to remove glass, do it with another glass rod.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Tags
blown, boro, pendants