No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2009-09-16, 5:55am
Borovangelist

Smile What's in YOUR setup?

With show season upon us, I thought I'd share a little of what goes into the myriad of boxes that travel with me when I'm selling.

What's in YOUR show kit?

http://munkinarts.com/blog/2009/09/1...-for-the-show/

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
Old 2009-09-16, 9:07am
balanced but asymmetrical

Thanks Tom, would you mind showing a picture of your box/battery/inverter set-up?
Sounds like a good compact way of dealing with the various pieces and parts.

Old 2009-09-16, 10:13am
Critter Mom

That's a wonderful list, very helpful. I haven't done any shows or fairs or anything yet so this is a great help.

Old 2009-09-16, 1:10pm
Borovangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gila View Post
Thanks Tom, would you mind showing a picture of your box/battery/inverter set-up?
Sounds like a good compact way of dealing with the various pieces and parts.
Here ya go. The cords are stored at the far end of the box since the battery "only" takes up 2/3rds of the space.

http://munkinarts.com/blog/2009/09/1...les-continued/

|
|
Old 2009-09-16, 1:41pm
balanced but asymmetrical

Thanks Tom .

That was clear and informative, I'm all inspired now...

Old 2009-09-16, 2:25pm

Nice set-up Tom. I only have 4 boxes that I cram all of my set-up in to, excluding the tables and canopy and weights for the canopy. I have what I call a set-up box that has all of my first stuff...table covers, lights, extension cords, duct tape, wire (for hanging sun catcher/ornaments) and so forth, then a display box, that has necks, baskets, lucite risers and boxes and bags and so forth, then a stuff box...ornaments, pendants, marbles etc....and finally office with receipts, cash box, calculators, "the bible" (copy of licenses, insurance policies, acceptance letters, tax ID's, inventory sheet); Your battery box is pretty cool. Will it last for an entire 3 day show or do you recharge it every night?
Old 2009-09-16, 3:14pm
Borovangelist

I wish I could cram the glass all into one box. I might be able to condense down the glass to one box, but I'm less worried about it in two. Plus some of the display stuff's just plain old bulky, like the table risers.

I'm going to charge every night, though I'm pretty sure I could get two days out of it given the low load I'm putting on it. Three might be a stretch.

|
|
Old 2009-09-17, 4:57am
Angie09

This may be a silly question but how will the battery box withstand the elements? Rain, dampness, etc?
Old 2009-09-17, 5:50am
Borovangelist

The box has a solid bottom, so it should be ok on a damp sidewalk or pavement. Inside the box itself the battery is raised off the bottom by the piece of wood, and the battery itself is sealed as it's intended to for use on a boat. Past that, this particular box lives in my basement. There were too many warnings in the manual for me to ignore the "creates flammable gases while in use and charging" messages, so it won't live in my shop where the torch is. The basement is large and drafty enough that gases can't build up there to be dangerous.

Moving it around on inclement days, I have a tarp I can throw over it to help make sure water doesn't get in around the lid.

I think I covered it all

|
|