The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2010-01-23, 7:18pm
Happy Beadmaker!

Default Any tips...

on firepolishing murrini slices???

Robert S, are you out there... Any words of wisdom?

Thanks for any help,
Lea

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
~
~
~
Old 2010-01-23, 8:03pm

Can you heat them in the kiln to polish them? (I am a complete fusing noob- so I have no idea what temp, but I think I've read that for polishing them...
Old 2010-01-24, 9:28am
Puddy Cat Lover

De-vitt. I hate it. That's what I got when I tried to fire polish my millefiori. But then these were not hand made by me. I bought them from my supplier, pre-sliced.

But, I've fire polished moretti glass in the kiln at 1250 - 1275 degrees for about 20-30 minutes. I ramped down to 950 for 30 minutes depending on how big the pieces were.
This may or may not be what you're asking. But it's just a suggestion for you if you're using moretti glass in your murrini.

J.

Old 2010-01-24, 9:46am
No Problem!

Cleaner the better. Soapy water and a rinse will do.
Jeanette's got the numbers all I would recommend is to peek in at them to shut it down just as they gloss over. You can ramp up and down fast and be done in a matter of minutes.

(Beau & Shani)

Old 2010-01-24, 2:39pm
Boro Bum

if your talking the faces could you use a glass grinder even a little stained glass one and polish them a little ?

AcidFly
Old 2010-01-24, 6:20pm
Happy Beadmaker!

Cool, thanks everyone! I just wanted to ck before I wrecked a bunch!

I appreciate your help,
Lea

~
~
~