LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Old 2013-09-15, 5:59pm
HotHead; Loud and Proud

Default Mega Minor Concentrator

I'm another person who really wants her Mega Minor to make some boro stuff. I'm hoping if I tell you a little about what I'm planning on making then maybe you could point me in the right direction.

I have the torch, but no oxygen source yet. I'm dead-set on a concentrator, but need to know what exactly to get. I'm really only planning on using the boro to making clear vases (little ones, maybe 5 inches tall MAX. with fairly thin walls). I've been making these vases in soft glass for years, and want to make something bigger and stronger, thus I figured boro. I would probably need to use tubing that's 1" diameter with 4mm wall to get the job done. I'm kinda thinking about getting the M20 from Oxygen Unlimited. Will this work for me?

Also, why do some recommend getting two low power concentrator instead of a single kick-butt one? Would that work better for me?
Old 2013-09-15, 6:26pm
PyronamixK

A single machine that puts out 10 LPM would be a great choice. You could go the two 5 PM machine route, but them you would have twice the maintenance, twice the noise, twice the power consumption, and they would take up twice the space of a single unit.

You don't need a lot of delivery pressure for the Mega Minor, so a machine with a static pressure of 5-9 psi would be just fine.
Old 2013-09-15, 7:00pm
kinda torching....

Do some research on UO before ordering anything. Lots of customer complaints on here unfortunately!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2013-09-26, 10:10am
jamieincharlotte

Don't do it. Do not use Unlimited Oxygen. I canceled my order this week after many many promises. I have heard horror story after horror story from other people. Would you accept this type of behavior from any other company? I think not so why do so many people let him get away with it? There are way too many companies that do the same thing. I ordered an M-20 and got the "it's in the mail" every time I called or emailed that is if he answered the phone or my emails which he didn't usually. This went on for months.

Going to another company for my concentrator.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2013-09-26, 10:13am
I'm meeeeelting

I think the reason that using two smaller concentrators is often recommended is that someone may already have one and it'll cost less to buy a second than to buy a higher capacity machine. If you're starting from scratch, buying a high capacity concentrator makes more sense than buying two small ones for the reasons that Kimberly outlined above. Also, for some torches, one M20 or equivalent wouldn't be enough, so there'd still be a need to double up.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Kevlar Fingerless Gloves:
Old 2013-09-26, 2:56pm
HotHead; Loud and Proud

I will definitely be staying away from UO. The long wait, the fear of something breaking and not being fixed, and the fact that I might have to track them down every step of the way.....too much of a hastle for me. Thank you, everyone, for bringing that to my attention. I really appreciate it.

I think that I will be going with HobbiesForUs, their Invacare Platinum 10. Good prices, great warranty, and a lot of people say good things about their experience. (Unless I'm mistaken again and someone has had a bad experience they would like to share?)