LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Safety

Safety -- Make sure you are safe!

Old 2009-10-14, 8:39am
Boro Bum

Question : I think i got the propane part down but what about the oxy ? do you guys just have the oxy tank inside ? or are you doing the same thing with it out side ? is there max PSI rules for what can enter the house ? do they make a fixed regulator for oxy and whats a good fixed PSI for oxy ?

Thanks
Steve
Old 2009-10-14, 1:33pm
Gentleman of Leisure

Oxygen is not the same problem, and does not have same rules as fuel gases (propane). Yes you can have oxygen cylinders inside, only you need to have them chained to wall so the do not fall over and break off valve at top of tank... And tank(s) not in use should have safety cap screwed on, same reason as for safety chain... And extra tanks in studio or outside should be chained up just for general safety even if the do have safety cap on....

Oxygen cylinder can be kept out side (chained up) and oxygen piped into studio through wall just like fuel gases.... Only with oxygen , your plumbing needs to be clean and free from any oils used during manufacture or thread cutting or assembly.....

As far as I know there is not really a fixed pressure regulators for oxygen (except maybe in medical world) so you probably will have to use a welding style adjustable regulator....

Dale

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Vendor-Artist-Studio-Teacher Registry

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
San Francisco - A Few Toys Short of a Happy Meal
Old 2009-10-14, 7:11pm
Boro Bum

Thanks that helps big time as i was not sure

Steve
Old 2014-01-13, 11:23am

I am having problems finding the correct fitting to connect my inside regulator to the black pipe for my propane. The connection that normally would go straight into the propane tank is the end I am referring to...what connects this male end to the male end on the threaded pipe. Do I attach the shut off valve at this end or where the hose connects to regulator end? I have been to welding shop and they say there is no way to connect regulator to pipe...help!
Old 2014-01-13, 5:47pm
Gentleman of Leisure

Welding shop people are not to informed.... Your solutions are in PM I have sent you...

For all others there is a female manifold adapter that connected the male side of CGA 510 ( propane/acetylene regulator) to a standard NPT (National Pipe Thread) iron piping... IF local welding shop can't help you, you need to fine/use better sources.... And yes they are available online also....

Dale

Vendor-Artist-Studio-Teacher Registry

San Francisco - A Few Toys Short of a Happy Meal
Old 2014-11-03, 1:43pm

I am hunting for the fixed regulator for the propane tank outside...

I thought the ones used for grilles would work, but then again, I could not find what is the psi they are regulating to. The closest I found was that the Type 1 mentioned on the package may have something to do with it? And it may be 1/2 psi?

I did find this on the web for a fixed 10 psi. Perhaps just need to have an ACME connector added and, in my case, a fitting going to my 1/2" black pipe valve, right before entering the house.

Web address:
http://gashosesandregulators.com/hig...egulators.html
(ref #106227-60)

Picture of the hose+regulator:
http://www.tejassmokers.com/images/IMG_0874.JPG

Am I close on being on the correct track?

Thanks!!