Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2011-04-28, 3:42pm
Formerly Icarus Beads :)

Great results!!! Looks like just the perfect alternative to Aether.
I can't wait to test it. I returned only today from my Germany trip, but I hopefully have time on the weekend to do a few test beads. Will post my results here!

Etsy Vintage shop
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Webpage ->
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2011-04-28, 3:44pm
Etch Fiend Organic Junky

This is just black with fine silver encased in Aether...only a little bit of the gold reaction on one edge...

And here it is encasing Lori and Kim murrini...

Old 2011-04-28, 3:48pm

Very excited!!!

Old 2011-04-28, 4:33pm
Uh-oh means it's too late

This is a great clear! I tested it with some of the Test Batches of silver glass and love how it keeps the true color and the MOP shine!
First Beads are OX-376 shaped and encased with the Zephyr these beads have a gorgeous shine due to the clear

Next is straight KA-356 slight to moderate reduction encased in the Zephyr. All I can say is no other clear gave me these electric berry colors I am in love with Zephyr!

Lastly, Triton over E.L.O. swirled, reduced (moderately) and encased then reheated and pressed

I promise all of you this is simply the best clear I have EVER used!

Old 2011-04-28, 4:38pm
Uh-oh means it's too late

As for melting- I love it! I realized that my Aether was just as soft but the combo of the true to life colors and the buttery melting is beyond words- at first I thought it was a bit too soft but then realized how much I had just been working with crappy clears till this Jed, make more LOTS more!!! You make it, we will buy it!

Old 2011-04-28, 4:44pm
Triumphantly Knit!

It looks very nice to me, I love aether, the price is a bit steep. will this be as expensive?
that's a big factor for many of us.
I would love to be a tester, how fun! lucky you
namaste
Rowyn

"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right"

"Only from the heart can you touch the sky"

"Be kind whenever possible.It is always possible
Old 2011-04-28, 4:52pm
sunscreen me baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn >^..^< View Post
I LOVE what Aether does with Triton...that gorgeous coppery green, and I even like the way it looks over Clio. Kind of a watermelon tourmaline effect.....BUT....I love the Blue Triton and the super pink Clio when using the Zephyr! It's nice to be able to choose what look you want just by changing the encasing glass.
Yes! These are stunning beads. Thanks for showing us.

~

Old 2011-04-28, 5:05pm
Etch Fiend Organic Junky

I'm loving how BLUE triton looks - woo!

Old 2011-04-28, 5:06pm
Tacki

You make it, we'll buy it. I'll be first in line.

(jealous that I didn't get a rod to test out )
Old 2011-04-28, 5:10pm
Storm Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracidawn78 View Post
(jealous that I didn't get a rod to test out )
<wahwahbabypants>

Old 2011-04-28, 5:16pm
Tacki

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKDesigns View Post
<wahwahbabypants>
and?
Old 2011-04-28, 5:19pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

Apparently you had to have done a lot of bitching to get some to test.

<this only applies to Amy>

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.
Old 2011-04-28, 5:20pm
Against the Grain

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzyQ View Post
Did the silver stay silver Lynn? no yellowish reaction?
No, the silver did not turn yellow!

Old 2011-04-28, 5:21pm
sunscreen me baby

Excellent. Thanks Lynn, now I REALLY need this

~

Old 2011-04-28, 5:31pm
da General

AWESOME test beads!!!

|
|
|
|
Old 2011-04-28, 5:32pm
Rose colored glasses…√

Quote:
Originally Posted by squid View Post
Apparently you had to have done a lot of bitching to get some to test.

<this only applies to Amy>
I'm practically green with envy here. I need to learn to be bitchier.

OMG I listed some stuff!!! Little devils ARE ice skating!!!

RIP Sunday; You can donate for Izzy's Future Trust @:

Live kindly...'cause karma will bite you in the ass harder than you ever thought about nibblin'...
Old 2011-04-28, 5:57pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissij View Post
Yes, yes you do.

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.
Old 2011-04-28, 6:02pm
Storm Queen

Bunch a whiny bitches. Just whined a little too late now didn't you?

Old 2011-04-28, 6:15pm
Rose colored glasses…√

Quote:
Bunch a whiny bitches. Just whined a little too late now didn't you?
I always operate on the premise that all good things come to those who wait.

Live kindly...'cause karma will bite you in the ass harder than you ever thought about nibblin'...
Old 2011-04-28, 6:33pm
Storm Queen

Quote:
I always operate on the premise that all good things come to those who wait.
Keep waiting...

Old 2011-04-28, 6:52pm
Rose colored glasses…√

Quote:
Keep waiting...

You don't love me like you should.

I shall guilt you into gifting.

Old 2011-04-28, 7:18pm
Cat Lady

I completely agree - Zephyr is lovely. Just a bit stiffer than Aether but plenty buttery after it's melted. No green cast with silver leaf and reduction glasses and little haze either. The sample I have is very high quality, bubble and scum free, and no compatibility issues so far. I'll post some side by side examples this weekend.

I like Aether's effects for some uses and Zephyr's for others. They mix nicely, too. I hope both end up part of the long-term production line - it would cover the A to Z of 104 clears
Old 2011-04-28, 7:21pm
Storm Queen

Quote:
I shall guilt you into gifting.

Old 2011-04-28, 7:45pm
Master Procrastinator

My mouth's watering looking at those pics. there goes the bank account.....UGH! I think it's already gone.

Jed, next time, pick me! hehe!

Old 2011-04-28, 7:47pm
Life is change. Love it

Quote:
Me too

Old 2011-04-28, 10:56pm
Bead maker and bead buyer

How gorgeous! Has anyone tried Zephyr with Aurae? I've gotten a green cast using lauscha clear and Aurae. I hope zephyr stays unreactive
Old 2011-04-28, 11:18pm
Storm Queen

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolyn M View Post
Me too
Perhaps that can be my next tutorial...

Old 2011-04-29, 6:25am
Rose colored glasses…√

Quote:
Perhaps that can be my next tutorial...
I suspect the photos will be less awe inspiring, but more entertaining.

Old 2011-04-29, 6:38am
sunscreen me baby

Quote:
I suspect the photos will be less awe inspiring, but more entertaining.
lol! I better not have to purchase expensive equipment for that tutorial Amy. I'll be pretty darn peeved

~

Old 2011-04-29, 7:53am
I'm kinda biz-EE

Umm..........

WANT!

Thanks Jed and Julie for giving us a choice!