Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Shows and Festivals

Shows and Festivals -- Upcoming events

Old 2010-02-05, 9:44am
In spite of it all!

Default BEND OREGON...High Desert Glass Retreat... JUNE 25th, 26th & 27th

This years High Desert Glass Retreat will be held at the "Bend Vintage Trailer Ranch" in Bend Oregon on June 25th, 26th and 27th. Everyone wishing to attend will need to send an email to r.nichols@mail.com Full details and registration information will arrive via email from that address by March 14th.

This first year of the HDGR is designed to keep your pocket-book happy as well as your need to melt glass, hang out with your friends in a camp like atmosphere and learn new and (some not so new) exciting ways to make your glass sing. The theme for this years glass event is "Crashing In On The 70's"! There will be a 70's hippie costume contest with prizes for many winners!

Some of this years teachers and demonstrators are......

Roger Child (boro dragon pendants)
Kimberly Affleck (The many secrets of Kimberly Affleck focal beads)
Jenny Newtson (TAG glass and how to get those colors to pop)
Otter (soft glass Pendants)
Leslie Thiel (bronze clay lampworking tool)
Lori Bonebrake (chainmaille and viking knit)

Each participant will get to see each teacher demonstrate. NO one will miss out unless they choose to do something else. Directly after each demo/instruction... students will be on their own torch with the teacher in attendance to help them put into practice what they learned during the instruction.

And.... There is a more then good chance that we will have 2 GREAT surprise demo artists! We don't want to tell to much just yet.... It would spoil the fun! Let's just say you won't want to miss seeing who is going to be here! Someone you all know and love what they do!

Some of this years sponsors so far are.......

Thompson Enamel
Frantz Art Glass
Winship/Glasscraft
Trautman Art Glass
Fluid Connector Products Inc. of Bend Oregon
Weaver Industries

Camping is available if one has the ability to be "off the grid" so to speak. Each camper will provide their own power and shower facilities. We will have a good size shower tent available on a limited basis. There will be porta johnnies for camping and the event. Water will be available to fill your containers for your personal needs. A wash station will be set up for hand washing.

To reserve your camping spot you need to provide that information in the email with your paid event fee.
10 trailer dry camping spots available - no fee
10 tent dry camping spots available - no fee

Redmond Airport shuttle service - There will be a shuttle service provided to and from the Redmond airport if arriving by air... a small fee may apply.

Your individual reserved event spot will be guaranteed with your full registration fee of $280.00 including name, address, phone number, on line chat name if you have one (like from Lampwork Etc, Wetcanvas etc.....)

This years event fee covers demonstrations, torch time, contest, Friday nights 1970's hippie dippie costume party, day lunch on Saturday and materials needed for the event.... like propane, oxy, electric for classes.... plus much more. Classes have a limit sign up of 10 students each class and will need to be part of your registration information when the announcements are returned by the cut off date.

We are having 3 scholarships this year. Three lucky people will get their entire event fee of $280.00 back at HDGR camp when they arrive at camp. To qualify for the scholarship you will have needed to pay the tuition in full prior to the event cut off date.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Our ultimate freedom is the right and power to decide how anybody or anything outside ourselves will affect us. ~ Stephen Covey

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Ruth Nichols; 2010-04-18 at 8:29pm.
Old 2010-02-05, 11:23am

Sounds like a good time will be had by all!

Thanks for all the work.

Collette
Old 2010-02-05, 12:22pm
Curmudgeon Engineering

Default HDGC

Glad to see some particulars out.
Of course I'll be there so put me down for a camper spot big enough for my 13 footer. I'm self contained up to a week.

My friend will deliver the fans next week when I'm over this cold and no longer contagious. I'll bring them down next month. Probably show up at your place on Sunday the 14th if that works?

The bottom half of the circle needs something?? I love the top part. Maybe a torch 'burning' a hotdog or flames or cactus..... looks bare as is don't you think? Just my opinion though.

Sending you a email to above addy with signup details.

PJ
Old 2010-02-05, 12:54pm
In spite of it all!

That makes total sense PJ! I am hoping to get the last of the details ironed out soon for the rest of the camp logo. Have some other artist input that I am planning to put in there plus leaving room for the campers name. If you have any ideas (or if anyone has any ideas) I am sure willing to see if it will fit in there. Feel free to post here about it or camp too.

Our ultimate freedom is the right and power to decide how anybody or anything outside ourselves will affect us. ~ Stephen Covey

Old 2010-02-05, 2:14pm
Critter Mom

Hi Ruth ... When do you think you'll have the class details (description, length of class, tools required, etc.) posted so we can figure out which ones we'd like to take ? I know it's still 4 months away but I'm anxious to get signed up.

I'm still debating on what I will demo ... right now I'm loving making little critter BHBeads, but by June who knows.

Old 2010-02-05, 2:39pm
In spite of it all!

Hi Bonnie!

As soon as I get all the final info in, I will be getting it all ready to send out to everyone that is on the list from the above email address in the first post. Right around March 14th I figure. We are still trying to get everyone's (teachers, demonstrators and sponsors) final details information so I can compose the email that will go out to everyone on the list first. That way, those that are on the list will get first chance at the classes.

PLEASE NOTE...... There will be NO OTHER ADDRESS to use to be on the notification list. r.nichols@mail.com is the only email address to use to be notified of classes and full camp details.

There will be nearly the same amount of demos as classes.. but everyone will get a chance to learn what they watch during open torch time.

We are also encouraging people to bring their own torches so we can afford to have more stations. All the piping and hoses are spendy! lol

Remember, this is our first annual event and of course some bugs will always need to be ironed out.... this will only make each year better!

Old 2010-02-05, 4:29pm
Critter Mom

Sounds good. Being notified by email will be so much easier than trying to catch details here. Thanks a bunch Ruth.

Old 2010-02-09, 1:52pm
In spite of it all!

yes.. That is the best way to know when to sign up and put your moola down to come! email driectly to r.nichols@mail.com
It will be just like a Renaissance festival for glass!

Old 2010-02-10, 1:30pm

Its looks wonderful!! I need to see when my kids are out of school and if I can get away! Your list of teachers is awesome!!

Heidi

~~
~~
Old 2010-02-10, 6:04pm
In spite of it all!

I would so love it if you could come Heidi! You have been one of my favorite peeps for a while now!

Old 2010-02-10, 7:39pm

Oh Thank-you Ruth! You are one of mine too!!

Hugs!

Heidi

~~
~~
Old 2010-02-12, 9:39pm
In spite of it all!

Just put in a little update....

Old 2010-02-14, 4:53pm
CatTickler Extraordinaire

This sounds so awesome. I'm hoping to go;p
Old 2010-05-12, 9:17am
In spite of it all!

I posted this (see below) in PJ's thread as well...........

The HDGR has been canceled. Those that have paid the fee please send an email to r.nichols@mail.com There was a lot of interest for camp but not enough people that could afford the event. So, we have decided to cancel it for this year. Sadly, I am not a dealer of any kind and can not afford the amount on my own that it would take to put on a big thing like this. Maybe it would be great to see you all at the Frantz Bash in August? It was great fun the last few years and I am sure it will be again this year.

Please let all the other folks where you posted about HDGR know that camp has been canceled. We may however be having a small bring your own everything camp out... limited to 30 people/campers. NO FEE unless you want a rented porta potty.... then we would need a donation so we can cover that cost. It will just be a low key thing with dry camping. Water is available but electric is on your own. Glass will be something that is always welcome! Anyway.... it can be the same weekend.... cause we did A LOT to get ready for it.