Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Shows and Festivals

Shows and Festivals -- Upcoming events

Old 2013-11-04, 3:04pm
tweetysweetie

Default Glasscraft Expo...The time is NOW!!!

The catalogs have been mailed I think and the website is up and going. You'll have to download the pdf to see all the classes being offered I think. If you've never been to Glasscraft Expo or been to Vegas, now's the time to feel froggy! I'm doing 4 classes again this year under hot glass classes. We've got some great teachers there every year: Deb Crowley, Margaret Zinser, Nina Hibler, Lisa St.Martin, the Mazet brothers and many, many more. Stained glass, torching, fusing, wirewrap, photography (check out Doug Baldwin) and so much more is there to learn...plus vendors and bead show...check it all out, register early as classes fill up quickly.
You can see my classes by looking up instructor Catharine Weaver....come and have fun!
http://www.GlasscraftExpo.com

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by FiredDesires; 2013-11-22 at 5:17pm.
Old 2013-11-22, 1:52pm

Thanks! You just broke my bank account. Registered for classes today. Spots were filling up quickly. Some I had considered were allready full. I feel like I need to go practice, practice, practice for the next few months so I'll get the most out of the intense and awesome time in Las Vegas.

A whole new slate of instructors this year for me:
Suellen Fowler - Off-hand flame-work glass blowing and sculpture
Chris Geile - Color application to Hollow Tubing
Eli Mazet - Octopus!

Learned an incredible amount last year and I highly recommend all of the following classes and instructors.
Deb Crowley - Luster Fish and Turtles
Josh Mazet - Beginning Boro Marbles
JC Herrell - Joy of Stringer

I do not recommend the half day coldworking class I took. Mssg. me if you were considering and need more details.

LE members enjoy a 10% discount with coupon code "LEmember"
Old 2013-11-22, 5:22pm
tweetysweetie

whoohooo, I envy you getting to take classes, and you picked some good ones too. I'm so busy teaching I don't get to take classes there anymore and there are a couple I'm eyeing for the evening when I'm done teaching...IF I'm not too tired, but usually I'm so beat at the end of the day I do try to get dinner down without falling asleep with fork in my mouth! If you have time, stop by my class and introduce yourself...I'm in between Lisa & Margret for my classroom space. Have fun!

Old 2013-12-01, 2:26pm

Anyone else having a problem accessing the Website for the Glass Craft Expo? My computer says there's a problem with the site's sercurity certificate. I've tried a couple/three different ways.
Old 2013-12-02, 10:14am
tweetysweetie

Carolyn, I was just on there checking out my classes yesterday and didn't have a problem. Try again, if you can't get on .. we will email Patty and see if/what is going on.

Old 2013-12-02, 1:17pm

Just tried & it works fine. Thanks for answering.
Old 2013-12-05, 9:51am
Practicing perfect

Thank you for the reminder. I went a few years ago and had a blast. I am way over due.

Old 2013-12-13, 10:43am
Sam I Am

Thank you for starting this thread.
We had such a great time last year!
My Twist and Shout class is already full. But if it is your hearts desire get on the wait list.
I know I can make room for one more....
My classes are here.
Vessels
Twist and Shout
Chambered Bead
Disks and Hollows
About the Glass Craft Expo Web site -I get the same message you do Caroline. The site is safe I think they just have a problem with the certificate.
All the instructors are fantastic don't miss out by waiting to sign up!
What is a post with out pictures right?
Even if they are kind of big...
These are some of the Beads/ things you will learn in my classes.
See you there!
Sam
Attached Images

Old 2013-12-13, 11:15am
Pattyglass

Default Website is safe and secure

The Glass Craft & Bead Expo website is safe and secure however for some people seem to get the error. Some times your computer will default to uncheck .. if this happens to go Tools, Internet Options, Advanced... scroll doen and make sure that USE TLS 1.0 is checked. On some systems it is not defaulting like it should.....
Hope this helps.... if you are having problems and can't get on.... let me know.
Happy Holdiays to everyone and see you in March!!!!!!
Old 2013-12-19, 11:40am
Wooohooo,GS!

Wow, that time again already, yeehaw! I sure could use some warm for a change.
This show is a blast, my 19th year, 18 years teaching, love this show!
smpalmer85, thank you so very much, I love to teach, especially with great students like you who plump up my muse too You picked some more great ones this year, what a bargain since you get all these great instructors all in one venue, a happy broke!

Catharine and Sam, can't wait to see you again, everyone else too! The lampworking classes are really great!
Please come by my booth and say Hi, B1 & B2, I have my fish and shells, also Polly Toombs, Sue Ellen Fowler and Hugh Salkinds incredible work, all in one booth!

Patty and LeAnn, you two are just THE BEST people to work for ever, you make this show my favorite of all time, besides my festivals this is the only show I do anymore!

Happy Holidays, warm, safe and loving memories to you all!
deb crowley

Old 2014-01-07, 1:45pm
tweetysweetie

Good to see that we are all gearing up for a great time in Vegas, CGE2014...classes are filling pretty quickly so if your trying to decide, don't wait too long. I have just a couple openings in my classes as of right now. To see what is offered in each, click on the corresponding links. The pic for the Beyond Basics class on Friday does not show on the website for right now, but it is pictured below. Happy to be seeing everyone this year, looking forward to catching up and to making new glassy friends!

Wed. BEGINNER class https://www.glasscraftexpo.com/class...ID&search=5430
Thurs BEGINNER class - repeat of Wed class
Friday BEYOND THE BASICS https://www.glasscraftexpo.com/class...ID&search=5907
Saturdy BEYOND THE BASICS II - https://www.glasscraftexpo.com/class...ID&search=5751
Attached Images

Old 2014-01-23, 4:59pm
Pattyglass

Talking Hey all

We still have some great classes available... make sure you register now:
www.glasscraftexpo.com
Old 2014-01-31, 4:50pm
Miata and Sunshine! Yay!

I can't access the site! I need to book the room..but it won't let me in! Wahhhhhhhh!

Contributing member of the EPIC FLOUNCE thread 2013
Proud member of YOU PEOPLE thread.
Old 2014-02-02, 4:27pm
tweetysweetie

Tillie, did you ever get in? that link above your post is working....also try re-typing in your address bar the complete address....

Old 2014-02-03, 4:14pm
Miata and Sunshine! Yay!

I got in and got my room and plane tickets....just trying to figure out if there are any classes still available that I want to take. It's been since 2010 since I've been there! Is there going to be a meeting on Saturday night and a bead exchange? I'm going to have to get busy making beads so I'll have some to trade. Who all is going? ROLL CALL!!!!!

Old 2014-02-05, 9:52pm
Sucks at being nice

We are supposed to bring beads to trade? What about murrini if I don't have many beads to spare?

Old 2014-02-06, 10:09pm
Miata and Sunshine! Yay!

I'd sure trade a bead for some murrini! I've only ever been to the LE group once and everyone was so nice to me, even though I didn't have any beads to trade. This time I WILL! Now watch....they won't meet, cause they know I'll be there. LOL. I wonder who all is hoping to be there at the expo this year?

Old 2014-02-26, 10:23am

Wink

I'm certainly planning to be there! This is my 10th year of teaching at GC&B Expo…can't wait.

If you are still looking for a class….I have space in my Saturday class…Beginning Beads 2 - What's Next? This class is really a "special topics" class for anyone who wants to work on a specific technique or problem that's been driving them crazy.

This can include just about anything…casing, color layering, shapes etc….

Hope to see lots of LE folks there

see ya'll soon,

Lisa
Old 2014-03-07, 7:17pm
needs creative tagline

I had to miss last year but I'll make it this year. Signed up for a class for the first time too. Who all will I be meeting in the Friday chandelier class????
Oh dear, I have no beads or murrini ready to go for trades this year. I better get busy or I'll have to dig out my leftover murrini from 2 years ago and see if there's any left there to trade!
Laura

Facebook -

Lynx with OGSI-15 and big holding tank, Redmax on tanked, and National 3b that swings both ways...
Old 2014-03-09, 6:24am
JulieV

I finally get to come back! Missed 2 years in a row!

Hi Catherine, Deb, Lisa, Patt, Tillie! I have so much fun in the classes. This is one of my fave shows. Such a toss up between this one and Glass Craft West. The most stupendous time at both!

And hangin with you Catherine! Hopefully I'll see ya this year - at the machines? Lol At least surely we can get together for a bevie? A happy hour? A brewski? A cocktail? A glass of milk? Oops! Where did THAT come from come???

I'm taking all of Jeff Barbers classes this year.

Old 2014-03-09, 11:44am
tweetysweetie

Whoohoooooo, glad to get to see you Julie, yes of course we'll tickle the machines together once again..lol. Laura glad your coming back too.....I do wish someone would head up an LE get together, past ones have been fun...alrighty then see everyone in a couple weeks!

Old 2014-03-25, 6:39pm

Hi everybody, yup I am going and super excited about taking three newbie with me...I told them we have to eat before we enter because they will faint when they see the show floor with all kinds of goodies...although I did warn them bring a cash and leave the cards at home if you get an argument when you get home with your other half it's not my fault...LOL...everybody have an awesome time....
Old 2014-03-25, 8:10pm
needs creative tagline

okie dokie, I now have some murrini packs, some small bead sets, and some focals ready to trade! Please, some extrovert arrange a get together! Or a meet up area for the Thurs night event? Otherwise I will be sitting in the corner not talking to anyone...
Laura

Facebook -

Lynx with OGSI-15 and big holding tank, Redmax on tanked, and National 3b that swings both ways...