Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Customer Service Kiosk

Customer Service Kiosk -- Questions for LE vendors.

Old 2007-12-19, 9:08am

Default 3/64" mandrels

Does anyone have 3/64" mandrels for sale? This size is tough to find.

Thank you very much for responding!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2007-12-19, 9:54am

I think Zoozii has them
Old 2007-12-19, 10:18am

danelady sells them, her hubby is handling them for her

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2007-12-19, 12:15pm

Thanks to you both for the suggestions!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2007-12-19, 2:59pm

I sell 5/64, 1/16 and 1/4 right now. I don't sell the 3/64, but Danelady does sell the 3/64, which are smaller then the 1/16.

Good luck!

My Daughter and Husband Wrote a book.

The Car Catch-all...the most useful non-lampworking item ever!
Old 2007-12-19, 6:21pm

I'm sorry, I was thinking 5/64...mandrel numbers always confuse me
Old 2007-12-19, 7:51pm

No worries, I just didn't want anyone scouring my site looking for the 3/64 in vain
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2007-12-20, 10:22am
Formerly known as weasel

Quote:
I sell 5/64, 1/16 and 1/4 right now. I don't sell the 3/64, but Danelady does sell the 3/64, which are smaller then the 1/16.

Good luck!
What is the next size after the 1/16th? I am getting tired if the rods bending all the time with just a little pressure. The next size has got to be stronger correct? Will the hole be that much larger, and who has them?

Old 2007-12-20, 9:23pm

Yes, the next size is quite a bit stronger. It's the 5/64. I sell them. It is actually between the 1/16th and 3/32nd, so the hole is still pretty reasonable for stringing. I hope that helps.

I sell 12 in a set for $6.00.

I have a new batch coming and will be shipping them after Christmas.

Old 2007-12-20, 9:34pm
Burning Fingers!

I use the 5/64 for my focal beads - they are just that bit stronger than the 1/16, and really stand up to use very well.
I had a really hard time finding them at my local welding shops, until I realized that most of the 5/64th rods come short (12") and with flux coating on them. (At least around here). My husband just chips the flux off, and then I sand them with a green scrubbie. They are really expensive from the welding shop - Amy's price is good, I think I paid about $1.00 each, and that was for the 12" size.

/
/
/

Old 2007-12-28, 2:15pm
Martyrs don't bitch.

I just found them on
, $3.00 for a ten, 9 inch 3/64.

Teague

< - Click for Etsy Shop

Last edited by Teague; 2007-12-28 at 2:16pm. Reason: clarity
Old 2007-12-28, 3:39pm

Thanks for the lead, Teague!