Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2009-09-22, 8:22am

The wizard fire is a wysiwyg color and looks like a tealish color rod and it works like butter. I will check to see whats left and let you all know what they are.
Abe
Old 2009-09-24, 11:05am

Any more info on these colors Abe? I managed to snag some of them (unfortunately no bone marrow) and I'd be very interested in what to expect from them.
Old 2009-09-24, 5:01pm
Attack of the Snuggie!

Can you encase Escape from Oz? It looks like Disco Sparkle with Pomegranate to me. Might be fun to play with I got about 10 different colors today have to play tonight

"I contend we are both atheists, I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."

...Stephen F Roberts
Old 2009-09-25, 2:36pm

Hey Guys and gals I wanted to let everyone know about the colors that are left at Windship.
Alien Autopsy is almost like a baby blue opaque that does not fade or boil you can beat the crap out of it. There is ONLY 2 lbs left, this is one of my favs for sure I had to keep 10 lbs of this for myself.
Cuddle fish is like a greyish perriwinkle but smoother and a little more dense. Great color.
Wizard Fire is a wysiwyg color and looks like Agua Azul but more refactive index.
Lunar Delight is a weird greyish blue rod would look great in pendents or beads.
Lean Green Machine is a bad ass version of Mystrey Adventurine strikes purple like crazy. Dakest night very dark purple blue that is very nice.
Yellow Flavor is a weird color of canary and has some grey and brown lines running through it. Weird but cool
Forest Friends has 4 different shades of green dark green and blue green. I like this one for shading colors in tube stacks because I can get shades of green that are not out on the market.
Hope this helps there is not much left so if you want some get it while you can.
The Exit from OX can be incased with out cracking.
Abe
Old 2009-09-25, 3:30pm
Know-it-all Megalomaniac

Thank you for chiming in Abe!
It was great meeting you in Oregon at Glass Stock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe from Northstar Glass View Post
Hey Guys and gals I wanted to let everyone know about the colors that are left at Windship.
Alien Autopsy is almost like a baby blue opaque that does not fade or boil you can beat the crap out of it. There is ONLY 2 lbs left, this is one of my favs for sure I had to keep 10 lbs of this for myself.
Cuddle fish is like a greyish perriwinkle but smoother and a little more dense. Great color.
Wizard Fire is a wysiwyg color and looks like Agua Azul but more refactive index.
Lunar Delight is a weird greyish blue rod would look great in pendents or beads.
Lean Green Machine is a bad ass version of Mystrey Adventurine strikes purple like crazy. Dakest night very dark purple blue that is very nice.
Yellow Flavor is a weird color of canary and has some grey and brown lines running through it. Weird but cool
Forest Friends has 4 different shades of green dark green and blue green. I like this one for shading colors in tube stacks because I can get shades of green that are not out on the market.
Hope this helps there is not much left so if you want some get it while you can.
The Exit from OX can be incased with out cracking.
Abe

Get your copy of the new Lampwork Etc. Tutorials and Tips Book

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2009-09-25, 3:42pm
Know-it-all Megalomaniac

Puttin mah Money where my mouth is.
I just bought another $140.00 worth of unique glass.
My hubby is gonna kill me, but for awesome glass
at $20 a pound (and $10 for the yellow!) I'm going to have to
risk that .

Abe, can I come live with you? I have cookies!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2009-09-26, 5:39am

Jill and I bought so much at Glass Stock we had to have a friend in a motorhome bring it back for us

Old 2009-09-28, 2:00pm

Hope you got what you wanted, Karen! Twice I got an email telling me what I really wanted was out of stock. Too bad, I fell in love with the Lean Green Machine. I'm done.

Old 2009-09-28, 5:16pm

What's the "secret" to getting lean green to strike? Mine just stays green and sparkly.
Old 2009-09-30, 5:14pm

Did anyone try 'Shiny'? It doesn't do too much for me. I made disks, encased some stuff...nada lotta.

Oh and BTW, anybody wanna trade some Bone Marrow, Rose Water and/or Algae for some Ghostly Images? I wish I had bought more Ghostly Images. Mmmm.

Old 2009-09-30, 5:25pm

Hummmm...... just finally unpacked the uniques from Glass Stock and can't wait to give them a try.... Got Ghostly images and Peach purple that I can't wait to try.... maybe tomorrow or next week when I'm off from work.....

Old 2009-10-01, 7:37am
SSDD... go ahead, ask me!

Pictures?? Anyone going to post pictures?
Old 2009-10-01, 10:59am

Lynda, the Lean Green strikes to purple for me pretty easily, it behaves like Mystery Aventurine with alot more silver. I just made the bead, heated it to molten, let it cool and reheated it in the flame shortly for a strike. It's very pretty.
Anita
www.nitabeads.com
Old 2009-10-01, 2:52pm
Pyromaniac

Default Photos of some of the colors (THREAD HOG Warning!)

This one has Forest Friends, and Lean Green Machine along with Solara

The green sparkly bands on this one are Lean Green Machine (see the blue wisps? I think it's from LGM)

These have Lean Green Machine, Forest Friends, Solara and the bail and backing is Exit from Oz (really nice sparkly chocolate brown)

This one has Lean Green Machine, Exit from Oz, Forest Friends and Solara

This one has Exit from Oz, Lean Green Machine and Solara

Sexy Barracuda and Mirage

Old 2009-10-01, 3:14pm

Drool..... Lana, those are just yummy.... out to the studio to try some LGM and OZ

Old 2009-10-01, 3:30pm

Lana, are you encasing the Oz? I had a boiling issue.
Old 2009-10-01, 3:36pm
Pyromaniac

Yes I had it too -- if you look at the bail on the last picture you will see it.
I think we just need to mix it around, get those bubbles out or work pretty cool.

It's really a pretty color . . .

Somebody else post some pics so I'm not the only doofus on here LOL.

Sexy Barracuda and Mirage

Old 2009-10-01, 5:21pm

I don't think you're a doofus at all. We are just mesmerized by your fabulous work! Just WOW!!!!!

I also like the Oz and will try mixing it with clear. Thanks
Old 2009-10-01, 6:43pm
The Battle of Boro Boro

Default Oz

Here's a pendant with Oz swirled with Triple Passion and Star White. I love this color! Good thing!...I snagged two pounds of it! Ha! Ha!

Old 2009-10-01, 7:37pm
Know-it-all Megalomaniac

Wow Lana! Those are gorgeous! I want to be a doofus just like you!

Old 2009-10-01, 7:51pm
Beyond Cloud 9!

Very nice Jami and Lana!

Rebecca, when I use shiny by itself, it's pretty much WYSIWYG. But, when I layered it over DAP, and encased, it got a nice mirrorized look about it. I thought, Ah-ha, shiny! I'll try to get a picture up soon.

That Oz looks pretty cool.

Old 2009-10-02, 3:01pm
Normal is Boring!!

Your evil and wrong to cast the "buy Me" spell! Ya dressing up like a Wizard for Halloween too? LOL You cost me $300 proud of yourself- You should ask for commission!

~
~

Antique Brass Findings

Old 2009-10-03, 3:05pm

Lana and Jamie, what gorgeous colors!
My Exit from Oz is red--like a ruby sparkle. Haven't gotten any dark or chocolate tones out of it. Will have to experiment!
Anita
www.nitabeads.com
Old 2009-10-05, 9:50am
I'm the 1000th poster!!

I got a definite chocolate out of it last night. Will post pics tonight.

Lean Green Machine is sparklishus.

Old 2009-10-05, 11:19am
Gay rights R human rights

well apparently I got all the wrong colours.....I thought for sure that wizards fire would have been a striking glass with a name like that. Forest friends and Uncle nester are nice greens but nothing outrageous. Descriptions would have really helped with the selection process.

bravo torch with 2 ex20's
Old 2009-10-05, 1:02pm

Thanks Lisa! I tried what you wrote and...it didn't look good for me still. Oh well. It's name, Shiny, had such promise. lol

Lana, I love those spirals! Jamie, that is a yummy, yummy pendant!

I did some leaves and shells. The leaves on the left are Ghostly Images and the other ones are Lean Green Machine. The one leaf bottom left had some Blue Caramel frit swirled in.

Both of the shells were done with Ghostly Images over Green Mist. The big one has a ruffle of Lean Green Machine.

I hope they make at least a few of these again. Especially Ghostly Images and Lean Green.

Old 2009-10-05, 6:06pm
I'm the 1000th poster!!

Here's Lean Green and Exit from Ox

Old 2009-10-08, 12:15pm
GlassDocNC

Pretty! Thank you for posting!
Old 2009-10-08, 10:56pm

Default All the pendants are very good

Almost all the pendants in this post are nice. The one in circular form with dark color(Oz swirled with Triple Passion and Star White) is much more attractive.

Old 2009-10-10, 5:49am

OH, yummy stuff. I have only had time to try one that I got, but this middle shell is the new Peachy Purple....OHHHHHH...I LOVE it!