Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Customer Service Kiosk

Customer Service Kiosk -- Questions for LE vendors.

Old 2011-03-14, 11:35am
And silence is golden

Dave, I'm not quite sure that there is any true vendor bashing from the above vendor. It appears that the vendor is merely pointing out the importance of comparing discounts before making a final choice. A little off topic....agreed..... even by the vendor himself! None the less, it is good info to absorb. Especially if his business is mentioned in this thread.
Old 2011-03-14, 11:52am

Point taken. And, I wasn't saying he was bashing Nortel, just swooping in on them when they were vulnerable.

I would just think a separate thread would be just as, if not more, effective.

I was just stating that's how I would handle that. It's just good, clean business to do it that way.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2011-03-14, 12:19pm

Dave, Yeah, I am a little surprised by that too... I have not dealt with John at AIG, but it has disappointed me to see this...and unfortunately I have a good memory and will not forget that posting in my future dealings.
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

As far as my discounts, I have done the price comparison and AIG claims of lower pricing isn't the case with me.. If something is on SALE... sure maybe, but the selection at AIG is limited in comparison to what I can get at Nortel..
Odd lots, Vetro colors (virtually non existent at AIG)

Carol, I usually pop into the Fall Bead show or Nov Toronto Bead Society, so maybe we can someday meet up for a coffee and chat!
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I only have one question for the person that started this post, your location shows as Sacramento... Is that a USA address? If so, why are you ordering and getting shipped from Canada? I could understand if the US$$ was better, but there are a number of US suppliers that you could deal with...not to mention the shipping costs.. Seems unusual...

Anyway, I stand by Nortel.. They also support the lampworking community, as they supplied a huge bunch of glass (pounds) for demonstrations for a 2 week exhibit in Nova Scotia last summer. Grace in Ottawa also donated... This included both Effetre, CiM, Lauscha and Double Helix glasses.

Darlene

Quote:
Man, I'd never come into a thread, bashing a fellow vendor, to prey on the lost business.

Vendors should earn their business the right way. Promote your own good service in a separate thread.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

E-Bay:

Old 2011-03-14, 1:07pm
Hat or Cake?

Thank you, Dave.
Beth
Old 2011-03-14, 3:07pm
Artistry In Glass

Default Some Clarification

It seems my discount comments have been perhaps taken the wrong way.

There was no bashing or swooping on my part, just a generalized comment about the discounts that were mentioned earlier in this thread. My point was that discounts in general - by anyone including me, are not always a good deal, but I never indicated my pricing would be better than anyone else, just in the particular example I indicated. A separate thread, perhaps, that is a valid comment.

Jean, Peter & the rest of the crew have been nothing but helpful to us, and I hope us to them.

John

Old 2011-03-14, 3:33pm

Whatever the case, I personally have not been happy with my dealings with nortel. I have spoken with Jean many times and she is lovely. I'm sure she is a wonderful lady and I'm glad some people have received excellent service.

The fact that my business has been stalled since January while attempting to become a customer has essentially forced me to seek another source.
Old 2011-03-15, 6:01am
Forever P~P~P :0)

Hiya Darlene. I could understand why you would wonder why I would shop with a Canadian vendor since I have a lot of wonderful vendors near by, especially Arrow Springs, which is just a 20 minute drive from where I live. I was attracted to doing business with Nortel by the glass selection they have that no other glass vendor in the states seem to have, such as odd/rare glass. I originally spoke with Jean and she seems to be a lovely person and my first few orders were splendid but the last order I placed took about 2 months to finalize and just recently I tried to contact customer service there with no luck via email, which I was told was the ideal way to send a list of products needed. Plus the great discount Jean placed on my account for products at Nortel and not just for glass, which I can't get from vendors here in the states. Plus, the shipping doesn't seem to be much different then what I'm charged here as well.
So.... that is why I choose to do business with a Canadian company.

Now, all that being said..... once again, I didn't start this post to bash anyone, let alone Jean. She seems to be a very nice person and I did receive good service when I first did business with Nortel. As stated in the beginning of this post... I was looking for an alternative contact @ Nortel due to my difficulties in contacting Jean as of late. I certainly wouldn't come on here and start vendor bashing, especially if I'm still trying to do business with them.

I truly hope this clears up a few inquires.........Sandy

Sandy
No hurry ~ no worries ~ unless its hot & drippy..!

Hot Head & big BBQ tank of propane!

awesome banner by Knatty Dreadz!! WE MISS YOU!
Old 2011-03-15, 7:44am
Formerly FishBulb

Sandy, it didn't sound like bashing at all to me and I'm sorry you're having to watch your thread go south. If I had similar issues with any other vendor I would certainly post here also. I'm glad not everybody has problems with this company but that's little consolation for those who do.

I'm sorry you're dealing with this and I hope you can get it resolved somehow.

In Soviet Russia, Google searches you.
Old 2011-03-15, 2:42pm

Sandy,
Completely understood...:
I was simply curious..
. as I on other hand wished I was located in USA within driving distance of suppliers.... go figure..
I do order my silver glass through Double Helix directly, in order to get the test batches, shards etc as they are non existent through Canadian suppliers.

Sending out good thoughts that this does get resolved... I know how frustrating it can be to want something and hit road blocks in getting it.

Smiles,
Darlene

Quote:
Hiya Darlene. I could understand why you would wonder why I would shop with a Canadian vendor since I have a lot of wonderful vendors near by, especially Arrow Springs, which is just a 20 minute drive from where I live. I was attracted to doing business with Nortel by the glass selection they have that no other glass vendor in the states seem to have, such as odd/rare glass. I originally spoke with Jean and she seems to be a lovely person and my first few orders were splendid but the last order I placed took about 2 months to finalize and just recently I tried to contact customer service there with no luck via email, which I was told was the ideal way to send a list of products needed. Plus the great discount Jean placed on my account for products at Nortel and not just for glass, which I can't get from vendors here in the states. Plus, the shipping doesn't seem to be much different then what I'm charged here as well.
So.... that is why I choose to do business with a Canadian company.

Now, all that being said..... once again, I didn't start this post to bash anyone, let alone Jean. She seems to be a very nice person and I did receive good service when I first did business with Nortel. As stated in the beginning of this post... I was looking for an alternative contact @ Nortel due to my difficulties in contacting Jean as of late. I certainly wouldn't come on here and start vendor bashing, especially if I'm still trying to do business with them.

I truly hope this clears up a few inquires.........Sandy

E-Bay:

Old 2011-07-22, 8:29am

Well Customer Service at Nortel has not improved, or should I say, what customer service? I too have experienced the same behavior from Jean, pleasant, but I am at my whit's end with them. Glad the locals get great service. And yes, I was trying to do business with them for the same reasons as Sandy. I have called and emailed, and honestly don't know how they stay in business.

"All true artists, whether they know it or not, create from a place of no-mind, from inner stillness."
Eckhart Tolle

Cathy[/font]
Old 2011-07-22, 9:26am
I like to melt things

I have ordered from Nortel twice online and have just returned from my second in person visit and am happy to report that I am completely satisfied with my experiences.

-
-
Old 2011-07-22, 9:53am

What is their website for online ordering?
Old 2011-07-26, 7:13am

Phoning isn't my problem with Nortel, have talked with them a total of three times. Last conversation was with Jean, she told me she'd call me back within an hr. with the info on my order placed a mo. or two earlier, five days later, nothing. I've simply lost my faith in them to carry-out what they say, it's called honesty.

"All true artists, whether they know it or not, create from a place of no-mind, from inner stillness."
Eckhart Tolle

Cathy[/font]
Old 2011-08-03, 7:56am
StudioMarcy

Hi Cathy, I'm wondering if that is the Jean who comes to the Gathering with the torches? If so, she's been with all of us for quite a while. You might try again, she should be home about now. I know, you're frustrated, but if it's the same one, I've known her for years and she's an absolute gem.
Marcy

Marcy Lamberson
Studio Marcy
Old 2011-08-04, 2:50pm
state-eternal change

Yes, the one and only Jean!

Old 2011-08-04, 3:34pm

When I got my torch from GlassCraft, the tip it came with did not fit my top premix on my RedMax. I called Nortel and they told me to talk to Jean. I called her and she said she knew exactly what the issue was, requested that I email her my mailing address sp she can send me a replacement. Within one week I got the new tip.

So far so good for me. Jean seems very cool.
Old 2011-08-04, 4:48pm

Jean is awesome. She is extraordinarily busy. Nortel is this amazing warehouse run by a handful of individuals. They are, therefore, extremely busy. Jean may be a little delayed getting back to emails by times but usually a reminder is all it takes to get the excellent service that exemplifies Nortel.

And yes, Jean was just with us in Louisville.
Old 2011-08-04, 7:31pm

Default Thumbs UP to Jean and Nortel

Jean Jean the Fire Breathing Machine
Got mini's, minor's and more
But with the flick of her Bick
The torch gets hot real quick
And the men stand around and adore

She likes her Red Max on the bottom
And the Mega gently on top
No reason to spend money elsewhere
Nortel is a great place to shop

Mike Frantz

Frantz Art Glass Website:

The Torch Website:

Mike's phone: 800.839.6712 ext 206
Old 2011-08-04, 11:51pm

Wow... I didn't realize this thread was still going...

Now, I don't remember saying Jean wasn't a gem. The first time I dealt with Jean, I had exemplary customer service and she was an absolute doll. It was the subsequent orders and inquires that I've had frustrations with. I truly didn't want this thread to turn into a "Nortel or Jean Bash Fest".... I just wanted to know if anyone else had had the same problems with getting orders or information or was I just the "1" lucky one having problems.

I truly hope for Nortel and Jean the best of success, I have just decided to stay with my US vendors and only order from them...

Sandy

Old 2011-08-18, 5:11pm

I have been trying to get pricing / shipping information and my order nearly six weeks. The only reason I was persistent that I have offered discounts. But I agree that a discount is not worth anything, if we can not place an order.

Old 2011-09-23, 11:15pm

Just in FYI! I've recently contacted Jean, requesting availability information on some glass and so far I have received excellent customer service in the response dept. I am/would be so thrilled to do business with Nortel/Jean, if I continue to receive good customer service from them.

IF YOU READ THIS: THANK YOU, JEAN! HUGS SANDY

Sandy