No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Shows and Festivals

Shows and Festivals -- Upcoming events

Old 2011-10-22, 12:39pm
Forever P~P~P :0)

Default B.A.B.E.! 2011

Is anyone attending the B.A.B.E. this year on Nov. 12th & 13th?? I told my husband I HAVE TO make it to this event this year, since I missed it last year. Who's got a booth and who's just going to lookie lou?

Can't wait to see what this event is about!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sandy
No hurry ~ no worries ~ unless its hot & drippy..!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hot Head & big BBQ tank of propane!

awesome banner by Knatty Dreadz!! WE MISS YOU!
Old 2011-10-22, 1:54pm
Wandering Spirit

I'll be there Sandy, sharing a table w/ Mary Tarara- come by and say hi!

Old 2011-10-22, 3:20pm
"Sinners have soul too"

I'll be there with a table
My banner says *Prima Donna Beads*

Old 2011-10-22, 8:49pm
da General

My sister, Helen, and I will be there! It's under enVision. Come by and say hi, Sandy!

|
|
|
|
Old 2011-10-23, 10:17am

Yeah!! I'm going to print this list up and make sure that I make it to all ya'all's tables. Looking forward to meeting everyone!! hugs Sandy

Sandy

Old 2011-10-23, 12:14pm
Misty And Lisa

We'll be there selling our pendants. It's our first time selling at one of the Oakland shows so hoping it goes well. Feel free to stop by and say Hi! while your there. Table #918

~Misty & Lisa

|
|

Last edited by UrbanGoddessDesigns; 2011-11-06 at 1:12pm. Reason: add table #
Old 2011-10-23, 1:44pm

Awesome!!

Sandy

Old 2011-10-25, 5:29am

I will be there behind the Soft Flex Company booth.

We have a LARGE booth along the back wall of the show from where you enter. Will have all our beading wire, supplies, tools, etc....and this is one of only a handful of shows where we bring out our gemstones and some select lampwork from our private collection in our gallery.

B.A.B.E. really is a great show - very nice selection of quality vendors. One thing - no concessions inside the show area. So eat a big breakfast before you get there - or bring granola bars or something to give you some energy as you walk the show.

Jenny

Old 2011-10-25, 11:06am
Oh, baby, I m'know...

I'll be there, too! I don't have my booth # yet.

Old 2011-11-05, 11:47pm
Flame Dames Rule!

For those worried about the Occupy Oakland thing, shouldn't be any problems at the show. Just got this from the show promoter:

Reassure your customer list re: Occupy Oakland
Hi, I've received multiple e-mails from BABE! customers asking about how Occupy Oakland will affect the BABE! show.

Sadly, the news groups make the Occupy Oakland protest look much bigger than it is.

I've been downtown multiple times and you only see the protesters in the Civic Center square - never near the BART exits/stations and never near the hotel. The exception to this was the scheduled rally and event on Wen.

And BABE! is fortunate to be scheduled on Veterans Day weekend. The banks and financial institutions will be closed, The City of Oakland offices will be closed from Thursday-though Sunday. There will be no one to protest against. And they would not get the crowd of supporters on a holiday weekend when folks have scheduled family activities.

Plus it is getting darn cold at night - so those camping out are going to go somewhere else.

The news groups have done more damage to downtown Oakland businesses by massively exaggerating the scope of the protest group than the group could ever do. It's too bad, their goal was to let banks and Wall Street know their frustration, but as a side effect it is harming many small businesses that are part of the 99% themselves.

When you email your customer list about BABE!, please let them know that the news agencies have exaggerated the daily effect of Occupy Oakland to a ridiculous extent and that it is safe to enjoy any event in downtown Oakland, that the BART stations and stops are safe (many customers come by BART and this has been the most frequent question to me) and that they won't want to miss the best bead show on the West Coast!
Best,
Trarie Kottkamp
Bay Area Bead Extravaganza!

Sharon Peters
New Bead Display Stands Available - pm me!

Specializing in Critters and Puns and other Cool Stuff...

Old 2011-11-06, 7:42am

I'll see you all There! Booth 605 first time so excited.
Jodie

Worlds in miniature a passion for murrini - Jodie McDougall
Old 2011-11-06, 8:00am
Glass Addict

I'll be there sharing a table with Hope (Hopefully Yours) and I'll have a sign for "TileGoddess"... booth number 1009. Definitely stop by and say" Hi"!! ;p

Old 2011-11-06, 8:58am

If anyone wants to be roomies. I have a room with 2 beds. I can get references.
Toodles, Jodie

Old 2011-11-06, 10:49am
da General

Table 612! Come by and say hello, please!

|
|
|
|
Old 2011-11-06, 10:51am
Glass Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by glasswhimz View Post
If anyone wants to be roomies. I have a room with 2 beds. I can get references.
Toodles, Jodie
I'd be interested!! Are you setting up Friday? I'm in San Jose and I could drive... but what a pain after a long day

PM me and let me know (Sharon and Shirley are my references)

Old 2011-11-06, 12:00pm

We'll be there too, on the corner @ 201 & 206, Yay!

Thanks for the info Sharon, makes us feel better. We'll be sharing it with our mailing list & Facebook page=)

(Beau & Shani)

Old 2011-11-06, 5:34pm

PM'D Ya, Joy
Jodie

Old 2011-11-06, 7:15pm

I'll be there at booth # 517. Looking forward to meeting new people and seeing old friends & customers again this year. Stop by and let me know you're an LE member. I'm running some specials this year, still working on the deals.
Vickie

My website:

Old 2011-11-07, 11:24am

OMGoodness...........I can't wait to meet everyone!!

Sandy

Old 2011-11-07, 4:02pm
rainbowchasingtimewaster

Kim and I will be there! Booth 913 - right next to Arrow Springs. We will be bringing murrini, cabs, frit and beads!

Lori Peterson - Try telling a Dachshund no and you will understand the true meaning of futility.

*f

Old 2011-11-07, 4:31pm
Fancy Mammal

Quote:
Originally Posted by sansan239s View Post
OMGoodness...........I can't wait to meet everyone!!
This is going to be fun!

I'm at #1011, so just next to Joy / Tile Goddess!

And I'm dangerously close to Lori's murrini *and* Arrow Springs!
Old 2011-11-07, 4:48pm
Glass Addict

Yeeeaahhhh!!! I'm so excited... both for the show and to meet everybody!! I will also have a special discount for LE members so come and introduce yourselves!!!

Sooooooo... anyone coordinating a "happy hour" or dinner after the show closes up for the day??

Old 2011-11-07, 5:44pm

Dangit..... I wish there was a "shopping tour bus" that went from Sac-to Oakland-back to Sac" so party time isn't an issue. Ya know, the kind you use to organize that would take of group of people shop at the Oak/San Franciso warehouse for clothing/accessory shop???!!!! This way we Sac area folks could get on a bus, attend the bead show, go out for a few drinks, then back to Sac! YIPPEE Now that would be a blast.

I also found out that I might not be attended AGAIN, since funds are short A-FREAKIN-GAIN..........but I'm going to try my darndest to make it, just to meet everyone. Hope ya'all don't mind if I just lean over your displays and drool a bit.

Sandy

Old 2011-11-11, 11:16am
<---RamboPatootieSuperbun

I'll be there, sharing a table with Tom Boylan again. I think we're Booth 506. It will be so much fun!! I'm super excited!! I hope I get to meet everyone and get out from behind the booth for a few.

Does anyone need a roommate or have space for an extra person? I want to stay down there for Saturday night and not drive back and forth. It would be nice to split the cost with someone and it's always fun to talk beads beads and more beads all night. Email me at gravityhillartglass @ gmail . com (take out spaces) if you know of anyone!

I hope this is an awesome show for everyone!!!

Kelly

Old 2011-11-11, 11:31am
Flame Dames Rule!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilegoddess View Post
I'd be interested!! Are you setting up Friday? I'm in San Jose and I could drive... but what a pain after a long day

PM me and let me know (Sharon and Shirley are my references)

Joy's a fun babe with major interesting art background - take her, she'll be a good roomie! *s*

edited to add: except for the lycanthropy, tendencies to defenestration, NASA-level snoring, tattoos that jump off her body and run around while she sleeps, and the occasional instances of levitation.

Sharon Peters
New Bead Display Stands Available - pm me!

Specializing in Critters and Puns and other Cool Stuff...

Last edited by SharonP; 2011-11-11 at 11:35am.
Old 2011-11-11, 11:50am

I PM'd Joy, thanks Sharon, for quoting her. I totally missed that when I read the thread earlier. Lol!

Kelly

Old 2011-11-15, 10:35pm

How was it? I FREAKIN missed it AGAIN. This is the one show I wanted to attend this year and I FREAKIN MISSED IT.

Sandy

Old 2011-11-16, 8:09am

Not to make you feel worse or anything, but it was the most fun at BABE I've ever had!! It was beyond my wildest imagination!! Wait, I mean, it totally sucked. I take it you missed the threads in the bathroom?

The best part was the awesome people. Second was the eye candy, everyone's work was incredible this year. I'm sorry you weren't able to make it.

Kelly

Old 2011-11-16, 6:15pm

You forgot to mention that we kidnapped you and made you sleep with the alpacas!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glasshouse View Post
Not to make you feel worse or anything, but it was the most fun at BABE I've ever had!! It was beyond my wildest imagination!! Wait, I mean, it totally sucked. I take it you missed the threads in the bathroom?

The best part was the awesome people. Second was the eye candy, everyone's work was incredible this year. I'm sorry you weren't able to make it.

Kelly