Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > The Dark Room

The Dark Room -- Photo Editing and Picture Taking. Advice, tutorials, questions on all things photoshop, photo editing, and taking pictures of beads or glass.

Old 2006-08-29, 6:06pm
Celebrating Passion

Default Take A Picture Of Red?

Help?

Looks fuzzy?
red is dark?
---------i have a tent, lights:flourescent daylight bulb, proff set up.
crappy camera with photoshop.
any suggestions?

Put it in ebay anyway

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2006-08-29, 6:40pm
koregon

looks brown and a bit fuzzy, you need to pull back just a bit with the camera, to close of shots, the camera didn't focus, and lighting must be way off, cuz they dont' look red at all to me

Old 2006-08-29, 9:39pm
rainbowchasingtimewaster

Red likes natural light, not flourescent, for photo taking, I have found. Also, Kaye is right, pull back to try to get it to focus better. The more light the better with some cameras.

Lori Peterson - Try telling a Dachshund no and you will understand the true meaning of futility.

*f

Old 2006-08-30, 5:59am

Looks to me like you forgot to change the focus setting to macro (close-up). If you are too close to the bead, and you haven't changed to close-up focus, then camera's auto focus may be totally failing you. Is there a special setting on the camera for close-up?

It also may be that you are taking a "regular" photo of a bead and then trying to blow it up too far using Photoshop. This won't work either. There aren't enough pixels there to show any detail or get a sharp image.

What kind of a camera do you have? Does it have a separate close-up setting? Check for that first. Let us know.

First we need to get a good clear sharp bead pic. Only then can we go for the red color issue.

JanMD
Old 2006-09-18, 11:28pm
Goddess

I have a nice lighting set up and a decent camera and I can't get a good picture of red to save my life. Outdoor lighting seems to work best with red, at least that's what I've found.

Old 2006-09-18, 11:52pm

what kind of bulbs? are they 5000k? for photography? it also looks like you may have the lighting set up a bit too far behind the bead. So that it's backlit, and you can't see the color of the bead?
But, I agree with everyone else, first issue is the focus

I use a normal tent like setup, with photo lights, the flourescent ones--a macro lens, and dont have any problem with reds, running from light pink thru the reds to orange. the oranges seem to be the only ones I occasionally have to tweak to get the color more true.

Teresa, I'm surprised you have a problem with your setup? Your pictures are always so perfect too! What kind of camera do you use?
jacki