Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2009-01-07, 3:49pm

HI Cassie!!! Congrats on the win!
Jo
Old 2009-01-07, 7:48pm
Covered in glitter

I know Cassie, but...it was supposed to be for both and just got posted wrong I think. I'd feel guilty if I didn't give you what I'd donated. I donated 2 lots of 1/4# each. You'll have fun with it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

And those who were seen dancing were thought insane by those who couldn't hear the music. --Nietzsche
Old 2009-01-07, 9:00pm

Awww... thank you so much Deb! I definitely appreciate it!

Hi Jo! Thank you for the congrats! I'm slowly but surely hoarding! I'm curious, were you planning on coming out to OT on Saturday? I know you had mentioned it but weren't sure if you were going to be able to make it or not... it would be nice to see you there, though my guilting of *some other people* around here didn't work! (though I do know Deb really can't make it for good reason, but don't let her on that I know it... I'm well known amongst friends n family for my evil brattiness and sarcasm and don't want to ruin my reputation! lol! Though, for some reason, she seems to think I'm nice... guess I'm not working at it as hard as I used to!)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2009-01-07, 9:13pm
Covered in glitter

LMAO!

And those who were seen dancing were thought insane by those who couldn't hear the music. --Nietzsche
Old 2009-01-08, 9:35am

Gahhh! I sincerely want to be there as I am majorly JONSIN' to torch, but but but... today is my DH birthday, and since it is falling during the week, we have decided to celebrate it on Saturday by going to CHINA TOWN! whoopeeeeee! Can't wait to get to the tea store and stock up! Anyways, alas, I will NOT be able to make it on Saturday....
BUT, I will do my very best to get to the next one. By then I'll be jumping out of my skin to torch.

jo
Old 2009-01-08, 11:21am

Question

Well, I'm sorry I won't get to meet you, Jo nor see you again, Deb, but maybe next OT.

Okay, just refresh me... are we making something special that I can contribute to? What would whomever is coming like me to bring (besides CAKE that is ) ? The cake is a done deal.... Darby, can't wait to see your up and ready set up for making the paperweights!

Ofilia

Old 2009-01-08, 12:21pm
Type ZZZ personality

I'm trying to think of something yummy to bring.

Lynx with 2 5-lpm oxycons
Old 2009-01-08, 4:43pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusticstudio View Post
I'm trying to think of something yummy to bring.

*crosses fingers*.... please save the eggrolls for when I can make it
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 2009-01-08, 8:36pm

Just returned from the studio, made a bunch of componet pieces out of 96 for a friend that does some awsome fusing work......got home just in time for Janien to catch Counting Crows on Sound Stage.....I'm just itchin for Saturday.... snow will have subsided by then, and the studio is quite cozy......with the glory on its almost 80 degrees....not certain who's all coming, but that's half of the excitement!!! I'll be dippin mandrels like a crazy fool tomorrow......good to see ya this mornin Deb, sorry I couldn't stay for a cup of coffee and catch up!!! Hey Cassie....I've a care package for class on Friday, hummmmm.....what could that be! anyway ya'll get to packin...get it in the car and get ready to have a good bead makin fix.....Jo, I'll take some steamed pot stickers from Moon Palace.....and don't forget my damn misfortune COOKIE! LOL D

Old 2009-01-08, 9:12pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ofilia View Post
What would whomever is coming like me to bring (besides CAKE that is ) ? The cake is a done deal....
Ofilia
Ofilia, don't forget the frosting!! lol!

Jo, I'm sorry that you aren't going to be there! I was hoping for a mini boro lesson/lecture or something! I'm so clueless with that glass!

Darby, I can't wait to see what my care package looks like! I can't wait to try out new glass! (Thanks again, Deb!)

I'm going to have DH make something for me to take on Saturday... I wish White Chicken Chili would travel better but I don't think people on 80/94 would appreciate me driving 30MPH trying to keep my crock pot from spilling it's contents. So I may have him make some chicken and rice Tex-Mex somethingoranother. He made it a few weeks ago and it's soooooo good! Can't wait!

Old 2009-01-09, 6:51am

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassie View Post
Ofilia, don't forget the frosting!! lol!

Can't wait!
Cassie... I'll be sure to keep the cake box taped so I'm not tempted to stick my finger in there for a quick 'taste test'..... You guys are gonna love Lezza's!

Dar, if it's 80's in your studio, I may move into your loft until spring time... I'm already so SICK of this winter.

Ofilia

Old 2009-01-09, 9:21am

Ofilia... perhaps it would be best if you just brought a seperate full bowl of frosting for the sweet tooth girls. muahahahha!

Catch you at the next OT I guess... sorry I can't make it to this one, but still, really looking forward to meeting you!

Darby, I could buy them for you, but I don't think they'd last until the next time I saw you! tee hee... they'd be eaten before we got out the door. But I promise to bring a good treat the next time I come to OT which, hopefully will be the next time you have one. Speaking of which, do you already know when the next one will be? It would be great to put it on my calendar now so I make sure nothing gets in my way!

HAVE FUN everyone!!!! May the glass gods (godesses) be with you!

jo
Old 2009-01-11, 4:14pm
Covered in glitter

So how was OT? I hope the snow didn't keep people from getting there. I can't wait for the next one.
I was going to Iowa today but decided to put it off a few weeks. I just don't like dealing with driving in the snow, ice and extreme cold. Guess I'm gettin' old.

Old 2009-01-11, 4:51pm

Smile

Well, I was totally bummed to have to cancel last minute . The snow was coming down really bad, and my low riding Corolla is not the best with me behind the wheel in these wintery driving conditions.

The good thing is my plan was to pick up the cake on the way out, because if I'd have had the cake bought in advance, there would be no one around but me to HAVE TO take care of all that frosting...

Saving plan for the next OT! Please forgive me, Patty, Darby and Janien.

Ofilia

Old 2009-01-11, 5:14pm
Type ZZZ personality

Don't worry about it Ofilia. I ended up not going either.
I went over to Tammy's instead and we had some dinner, cake and made beads.
Hopefully next time the weather will cooperate.

Old 2009-01-11, 9:12pm

Hi Everyone...
We had a nice Open House yesterday...we only had a few folks out but it was fun! We actually had a 10 year old and 12 year old there and they torched...and we were amazed how great they did. Victoria, the 12 year old, only needed help with the first two and ended up making about 10 AMAZING beads...including a bumble bead! She was really on fire! Cassie and Diana brought some delicious food and we chowed! Thanks ladies!
I am looking forward to checking the oven tomorrow to look at 60+ beads that were made!
more info on another OT soon!
Hugs,
Janien

Old 2009-01-11, 10:33pm

Thank you for hosting, Darby n Janien! It was fun as usual... can't wait for the next one!

I can't blame you guys for not coming with the way the weather was... the roads weren't great on this side of the border and there tends to be more traffic to worry about when you get into Illinois so I could only imagine what it would be like trying to get around in the mess with that many more crazy drivers. Can't wait to see you guys next time, though!

Old 2009-01-12, 10:04am

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusticstudio View Post
Don't worry about it Ofilia. I ended up not going either.
I went over to Tammy's instead and we had some dinner, cake and made beads.
Hopefully next time the weather will cooperate.
Phew... I feel a little less bad. We'll just have 'belated" birthday cake next OT! And it will have LOTS of roses on it.

I stayed inside completely snowed in until Sunday morning when I HAD to shovel out my car, or forget about making it to work today. Is it spring yet??

Ofilia

Old 2009-01-12, 10:32am
Covered in glitter

Supposed to get more snow today too. We shouldn't complain after what Janelle has got in Washington, but I still am. LOL I'm glad I'll be there for the next one so I can get cake too. Birthday cake is always a good excuse to pretend there are no calories involved.

Old 2009-01-12, 11:57am

Not only are we looking at more inches, but it is supposed to be BITTER cold inbetween.

I have to lovingly admit that I don't really mind the snow, BUT the bitter cold just eats right through me. I HATE BITTER COLD!

I'm glad I didn't miss the b-day cake!
Darby or Janien... do you guys do any metalwork/soldering? If so, any chance I can get a lesson the next time I come up? If not, I may end up taking a class at Tammy's... I looked on her website today and she has some good classes listed.

Jo
Old 2009-01-12, 12:05pm
Type ZZZ personality

Jo, Janice is an awesome silversmithing teacher! You'll love her.

Old 2009-01-12, 12:28pm

Yeah, I think I'm going to go for it.... just need to save some $$$
I've been wanting to learn soldering and metal work for a very long time, but glass
was taking up my life... now that I'm not torching because of my neck, this is the perfect
time to take up a new hobby, while still being able to be in the area I love.
I'll have to look at her site more when I get home to see when the classes are, etc.
Thanks, Patty!

jo
Old 2009-01-12, 1:37pm
Covered in glitter

There's a guy who's just down from Darby and Janien who teaches metalsmithing as well. I think Janien takes classes with him. I've been thinking about it too.

Old 2009-01-12, 2:56pm

Actually, Tammy would be a LOT closer for me, so I'll probably go with that....
but it's good information... THANK YOU!

So.. how is everyone?
Old 2009-01-12, 9:29pm

I've been wanting to take metalsmithing classes and Janien told me about the guy she takes classes from... sounds like fun! If I didn't have so much on my plate as it is I'd consider it!

I'm so not looking forward to more snow. One of our office managers came into work today and told us that she's got the list of employee phone numbers and a list of patients and their numbers in case the docs want to cancel tomorrow. That's tempting fate in a huge way... they're not going to cancel. In the almost 11 years I've worked there they've only canceled patients once and that was after we all got there and got snowed in. They had to flag down a plow and pay them to get the cars out. Just insane!

Hey Darby, you said that Tuesdays may be good for you and Janien to come over n help me out? I'm off February 10th... *hint hint*. Don't know if you and Janien have any other plans going for that day... *hint hint*. The plumber installed a "T" today (they were fixing a gas leak and decided to put the "T" in for future plans)... *hint hint*!

And last but not least... please post pics of the bumblebead if you can! I'd love to see how it came out... that was cute!

Old 2009-01-14, 11:34am

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleekbeads View Post
Not only are we looking at more inches, but it is supposed to be BITTER cold inbetween.

I have to lovingly admit that I don't really mind the snow, BUT the bitter cold just eats right through me. I HATE BITTER COLD!

I'm glad I didn't miss the b-day cake!
Darby or Janien... do you guys do any metalwork/soldering? If so, any chance I can get a lesson the next time I come up? If not, I may end up taking a class at Tammy's... I looked on her website today and she has some good classes listed.

Jo

Hi Jo,
I have all the necessities to torch and can certainly teach you all the basics in a crash coarse if you come...would love to have you there ANYTIME!

Cassie, we'll have to see if the 10th works out...when it gets a closer to that time...but I dont see why it wouldnt....

Happy snow everyone
janien

Old 2009-01-19, 10:42pm

Default The Next O.T. Date has been set!

Hey There Everyone....
After much consulting we have decided to have our next OT on January 31st!
From the sounds of it alot of you are available and that is AWESOME!!!
So, weather permitting we will begin @ 1pm and will go until the annealers are FULL! We will also be celebrating 2 birthdays...OFILIA and PATTY...woo-hoo!

So Add your name to this list if you are able to make it out and torch with us.
Darby
Janien
Debkaus
Rustic
Cassie
Ofilia
MiniL
Sleekbeads (maybe) really hope you can make it out. we would love to see ya!
There will also be a few of Darbys students attending as well.

Look forward to seeing you all and lets all pray that the weather coporates with us!
Janien...and Darb

Old 2009-01-20, 6:13am
Covered in glitter

Sounds great!

Old 2009-01-20, 6:21am

Wink

Yea, Can't wait, but NO CANDLES!!! Otherwise the firemarshalls will have to be called out...

Ofilia

Old 2009-01-20, 9:12am

*crossing my fingers that I will be there*

I'm SO jonsin' to torch, or something... or just be with people.
lol

Jo