Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Tutorials to purchase

Old 2011-11-08, 8:45pm
Hello?

Default Creating the Original Mottle Shards

It's finally here! Learn how to make and use the original striking Mottle shards that was first created by Avenue Beads.

Instant download PDF tutorial that teaches you how to make your own mottling shards like our Dragons Breath, Skystone, Ethereal Blues and Lunar Moss Mottle Shards.

28 pages and 55 photos that include easy to follow step by step instructions accompanied by full color photos.

http://www.avenuebeads.com/index.php...roducts_id=663

Included in this Tutorial:
  • Making Mottle Shards
  • How To Use Mottle Shards
  • Mottle Recipes
  • Bead Examples From Artists

After completion of purchase, click on "My Account", click on the order you just made and there will be a link to download this tutorial immediately.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by AvenueBeads; 2011-11-10 at 9:27pm.
Old 2011-11-08, 9:03pm
Jer. 29:11, Prov.10:19

Just got mine, thanks!
Looks great!
Old 2011-11-09, 4:32am
Who me?

Just got mine. Awesome! Can't wait to get home from work and play.

LOVE the instant download feature.
Old 2011-11-09, 11:47am

Purchased from your website, thanks! Love the instant download.

Old 2011-11-09, 1:00pm
MacGalver

Question

Joe, does the mottling tutorial include recipes for all the shards referenced in your original post? How many recipes are included?

Thanks!

Jo

Old 2011-11-09, 1:06pm
Hello?

Thank you everyone for your orders! Hope you learn lots of good stuff from it.

Included in the tutorial are four recipes for our 104 mottling shards, Dragons Breath, Skystone, Ethereal Blues and Lunar Moss Mottle Shards. Those four should get you on a path to creating and coming up with additional colors.

Old 2011-11-09, 2:27pm

Can't wait to play with this! Joe, I hope this doesn't mean that you are going to quit making them though. I like the instant gratification of using premade ones
Old 2011-11-09, 2:33pm
Duchess of Dichro

How cool,way to go Joe!! This one is going on my wish list.

Old 2011-11-09, 2:52pm
Hello?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leslie Dana View Post
How cool,way to go Joe!! This one is going on my wish list.
Thank you Leslie

Quote:
Originally Posted by echeveria View Post
Can't wait to play with this! Joe, I hope this doesn't mean that you are going to quit making them though. I like the instant gratification of using premade ones
Yes, I will still be making and selling all my shards. I'm sure there is a good number of people that have no interest in making them themselves

Old 2011-11-09, 3:01pm
Not really a tree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvenueBeads View Post
Yes, I will still be making and selling all my shards. I'm sure there is a good number of people that have no interest in making them themselves
I'm one of those who went for both options...ordered shards and the tutorial. Just because I know how to cook doesn't mean I don't want to order out. (And thank you for making both options available!)

/
Old 2011-11-10, 6:00am

Hi Joe

Thank you so much for this wonderful tutorial!!!
I love your shards so much

Best wishes
Conny

|
|
Old 2011-11-10, 12:21pm
Hello?

Thank you and welcome Conny and Kristi

Has anyone tried their hand at making a mottle shard yet? Would love to see the results.

Last edited by AvenueBeads; 2011-11-10 at 12:25pm.
Old 2011-11-11, 10:42pm

I did try the tutorial Joe, but only on a practice bead and some bog hole beads so far. It was a busy day , not enough time. But I had a blast!

I'll take pictures tomorrow. Oh and I got the shards in the mail on Thursday LOL! Can't wait to try them as well.

shari

Old 2011-11-12, 10:35am
Jer. 29:11, Prov.10:19

Old 2011-11-12, 1:34pm

Wonderful, Joe, thank you!!

Old 2011-11-12, 4:16pm

Oh, boy. it looks like I am going to have to have this tutorial~

Old 2011-11-13, 5:27pm

Just got mine! Great job Joe, and thanks for sharing this with all of us!!

Forgive everyone of everything, instantly
Old 2011-11-14, 5:21am

Thanks Joe for this tut!!!!
Lg Adi

Old 2011-11-16, 1:30pm
Hello?

Thank you everyone for your purchases! Hope you all are having fun with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluhealer View Post

Nicely done! Love the tree too, looks like pewter almost.

Old 2011-11-16, 2:54pm
RAH!

Any special glass used in these, and if so what kinds? I ask because it can be hard to get some DH and TAG glass in the UK (you never get odd lots here!)

(Now with stock! And useful photography!)
Old 2011-11-19, 1:33pm
FatCat Mama

Welp, I just made my first mottle shards, and have the first test bead in the kiln. I dunno though, if it will turn out. I had to substitute glass, plus I goofed and made it inside out. The inside out I don't think will be much of a problem, as I just apply the shards backwards.

Anyway, it was fun!! Thanks again, Joe, for sharing your secrets!

Once we accept our limits, we go beyond them.
Albert Einstein

Orange Cricket with 10L oxycon and NG
Old 2011-11-21, 3:24am
Mom to 20 paws

Just purchased and read your tut . Well done Joe ! Cant wait to play. Many thanks for sharing your great recipies. I love the instant download.

Etsy jewelry-

AAA Gemstone Beads Etsy-
Old 2011-11-21, 8:40am
Normal is Boring!!

I tried all weekend and apperently I'm missing one key thing! Very strong lungs- geezzz I'm a crappy shard blower I learned!!

~
~

Antique Brass Findings

Old 2011-11-21, 11:06am
FatCat Mama

Trudi, I'm in the same boat. I ended up just mixing the glass from my first attempt and pulling it out into a twistie of sorts.

I had much better luck the second time by building a hollow onto the end of my blowpipe. My wimpy lungs were able to handle the mass of glass that already had a bubble.

Albert Einstein

Old 2011-11-27, 5:58am

I've just been out in my studio playing with these! I love it! I do it the way Teri describes, I think I has wimpy lungs too!

oh and to others in the UK, the glass in these can be got easily, not sure of the colour number on one, the supplier is a naughty boy and doesnt put them on that brand...so I will try it anyway and see since I have some and I'm pretty sure its the right one.

right, now, less talking more melting! byeeee!

Old 2011-11-29, 5:11am

ok, my first batch of experiments were only ok, these are much better

please excuse the background and the raindrops...its not a nice day out there!

Old 2011-12-04, 8:01pm
FatCat Mama

I've been a shard-blowing fool! Here are a couple of my favorites so far:

Teri P

Albert Einstein

Old 2011-12-06, 12:48pm
Hello?

Thank you everyone for your purchases and comments.

I'm loving the beads you are all showing.

Old 2011-12-07, 8:57pm

Oh my,those kitty cats are seriously cute with shards.

Karen
Volkano Exotik

ripzz
Old 2011-12-11, 5:54pm
Obsessionwoman

Joe....................I purchased both of your tutorials on the 2nd of the month....by Paypal,
haven't seen them yet....I am excited and would just love to have them...please...Lenora