Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > The Dark Room

The Dark Room -- Photo Editing and Picture Taking. Advice, tutorials, questions on all things photoshop, photo editing, and taking pictures of beads or glass.

Old 2006-08-24, 10:59pm

Default Great tripod!

I found a tripod that "has an easily removeable center column that doubles as a horizontal arm. Not only does this allow the camera to be offset from leg position, but it provides the simplest way possible to shoot from directly overhead."

Since I usually shoot my beads from right overhead, this is a great find for me. Now I don't have to straddle the light cube with the tripod. It can be off to the side of the cube, with just the arm extending over the cube.

I've put my Gitzo ball head on the tripod and I'm happy as can be!

Tripod: Manfrotto 3021BPRO: http://www.bogenimaging.us/product/t...86&itemid=2632

JanMD
Old 2006-08-25, 4:37am
Have Laptop Will Travel

Hi Jan
That is a great tripod but the price is kind of high. I myself use a table mounted monopod from sharpics http://www.sharpics.com/Products/monopod.html that costs around 50 bucks with shipping. Because it uses a clamp at its base I can clamp it to an upright chair or even one of my other tripods and then angle it over the top of my excube. Works nice.
Old 2006-08-25, 5:03am
Crazy tool making guy....

Bogen/Manfrotto tripods are the bomb.

-Jeff
Old 2006-08-25, 11:15am

Well sure it's kind of high! In tripods you get what you pay for, in my opinion, having owned a number of them. But the fine ones last years and years. I have a tiny travel Gitzo that is about 30 years old and is still heaven.

I love this horizontal arm on the new Manfrotto. Cool cool cool!

Yo, Jeff! -->>Bogen/Manfrotto tripods are the bomb. <<-- Well, yeah, but if so, Gitzo tripods are the A-bomb. I try to be happy with just the Gitzo ball head, which is a thing of quiet beauty unto itself.

I looked and looked and looked at a very sweet carbon fiber Manfrotto tripod -- they called it "magfiber" -- that cost about 500 dollars and I was very sorely tempted.

[sigh]

Jan

Last edited by JanMD; 2006-08-25 at 11:18am.
Old 2006-08-31, 2:23pm

WNBRESN, thanks for posting the SharPics monopod. This is just what I have been looking for!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2006-08-31, 2:57pm
Shine your bright side!

Quote:
Originally Posted by msritaa
WNBRESN, thanks for posting the SharPics monopod. This is just what I have been looking for!
Yes, me too!

Thanks.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Website!
"When you discover your mission, you will feel its demand. It will fill you with enthusiasm and a burning desire to get to work on it." - W. Clement Stone