Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Customer Service Kiosk

Customer Service Kiosk -- Questions for LE vendors.

Old 2007-08-24, 11:18am
Butterfly Rancher

Default 1/4" mandrels and FF Smooth & Tuff

I'm looking for 1/4" mandrels for the silver rivets and I want to try Foster Fire's Smooth & Tuff. Does anyone know someplace that sells both so I can save on shipping?

I'll also take recommendations for places that only sell one or the other -- since I'm having a tough time finding either of them.

Thanks for your help.

May 2014 -- Good-bye Florida and Hello Colorado
Old 2007-08-24, 11:32am
Sorry for party rockin'

I bought my tubing on Ebay . . .. look for 1/4" stainless steel tubing. Most of the time it's sold as brake lines for high performance cars because of it's high heat tolerance.

I got mine from this seller on Ebay:

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

They cut it into one foot segments for me. They hit me with a pretty hefty shipping charge - but - with everything added together it's still less per piece than what I could find elsewhere. Maybe email them first to ask about shipping.

OH, PS - you don't want 1/4" solid mandrels they'll be heavy as hell that's why you should look for ss tubing
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2007-08-24, 1:06pm

Try Jon @ Lbsupplys.com I know he has the Smooth'N Tuff, and I THINK he has the large mandrels as well!
Quote:
I'm looking for 1/4" mandrels for the silver rivets and I want to try Foster Fire's Smooth & Tuff. Does anyone know someplace that sells both so I can save on shipping?

I'll also take recommendations for places that only sell one or the other -- since I'm having a tough time finding either of them.

Thanks for your help.

Thank You to ALL of my friends
who have journeyed
With me thru my elbow injury
and recovery!

:
Old 2007-08-25, 8:55am
Butterfly Rancher

Thanks, Ginny, for the tip to use hollow rather than solid. I guess I've been a bit skittery about using hollow since I have some crazy idea that I'd have to be careful how I position the hollow to not let the flame travel up it. Thanks for the Ebay link.

Danelady, I checked the LBS website and they had some large hole mandrels but not the 1/4" -- but thanks for the info. I'll take another look around their site because who can order just one thing? And, they do have the FF Smooth & Tuff...

Old 2007-08-25, 9:38am
SCIENCE Teacher!

FosterFire (me) sells Smooth & tuff at

and I have mostly complete list of who is currently selling our release.

also Arrow Springs an I think ABR Imagery might have your mandrels as well as our release.
Old 2007-08-25, 12:01pm
AKA: Noodlesaurus

Beckah
I returned your PM but I do have 1/4" mandrels for sale 9" $4.25 and 12" $4.50 (hollow) I don't have any smooth and tuff to sell but I can say it is the best I have tried to date!!!

or
,~Punties, Mandrels,Beads.....GTT Phantom....
Old 2007-08-25, 1:25pm
Butterfly Rancher

Thanks Robin for the links -- I'm looking forward to giving S&T a try. I'm probably going to order from Howaco since she has some Nebula frit that is just too tempting... Unfortunately her big hole mandrels are out of stock.

Kris, I PM'd you about the mandrels.

Old 2007-08-25, 7:02pm
HOt WArm COld = Howaco

Hi Beckah, just the big hole mandrels are out. We have all the hollow tubing you want!

Old 2007-08-26, 8:42am
Butterfly Rancher

Thanks, JameyLynn, I placed an order -- loved the August 10% off sale!