No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2010-03-03, 8:58am
And silence is golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulu View Post
I also liked ArrowSprings, but they did leave out items because they were out of stock, but no one told me before they did my order.
This right here is a major thorn in my side when it comes to shopping for glass online. A.S. lost out on nearly $1000.00 of business from me because I got fed up with placing orders and finding the items not in the box when it arrived. There was always a notation on the invoice of the items being "out of stock".

I think they should seriously look into updating their online shopping software. They do have stellar customer service and prompt shipping.

For the most part, I have had acceptable service from Jodel until my last order. It took months to receive. I was extremely dissapointed in the lack of communication. Prior to that, I was a disbeliever of all the negative hype about her. Luckily, I received my order. Would I do business with her again? Only if she were to send me the shipment first, and then I would pay her after satisfactory inspection.
Old 2010-03-03, 2:01pm

squid that's not nice!!!!!lol thanks for all the opinions..i guess since i'm not in serious need of glass i won't order..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2010-03-03, 4:37pm
Sucks at being nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissij View Post
You just described my world...
You know we love you!

Old 2010-03-04, 6:37am

yes and i do and that's why i always ask for opinions here, everyone is so forthcoming with their opinions and it has truly helped me in the past..thanks again and have a great day!!!!!!!!!!

Old 2010-03-05, 9:03am

Default Jodel glass

Well I got suckered in by jodels sale! I have to say that I have bought from her about a dozen times over the years & never had a problem-til now. I saw the sale & decided to order a few things. The coupon code did not work but she said that we would be credited the difference back. Well it's been 4 days since I ordered & have heard nothing from them. I e-mailed her 3 times & got no response back. I tried to call her but her mail box is not accepting any messages. Now I'm upset. I'm out $161.00. Anyone have any suggestions how I can get my $ back? I didn't know there was a problem with her til I went looking around & found this thread. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Debbie
Old 2010-03-05, 9:26am
Tweedle Dumb

If you paid with a credit or debit card call them and do a charge back.

<Click For My Latest Murrini!

<Click! For Pandora Style Beads!
Old 2010-03-05, 9:29am

I used Paypal to pay. I don't think that's the same.Debbie
Old 2010-03-05, 9:30am
Tweedle Dumb

Then contact paypal. If you paid via CC thru paypal it is the same, the vendor just doesn't get to see your cc number.

<Click For My Latest Murrini!

<Click! For Pandora Style Beads!
Old 2010-03-05, 9:35am

I think I read in Paypal that I have to wait 7 days to file a dispute & then who knows how long for any answer. I'll try though. Thanks,Debbie
Old 2010-03-05, 1:16pm
Greyhound Enthusiast!!!

I've dealt with jodel a few times - usually VERY slow. However I was in need of Lauscha clear and got he 50% off email. So I placed an order for 3 lbs on Wednesday 3/2/10. I received my order today 3/5/10 and a receipt reflecting the 50% price charged to my CC. I checked my online banking and the correct amount was charged. This was a good/fast experience for me. However the box and the contents STINK of smoke.

Old 2010-03-05, 2:05pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

file a dispute in paypal.

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.
Old 2010-03-05, 2:47pm

Default Jodel Glass

I agree ---run like the wind---I ordered vetrofond crystal clear from her and had nothing but troubles---all of my beads broke---called her and she said it would be taken care of---nothing was ever done---I usually do not post for items like this, but felt that no one else should have to go through all of the problems associated with her. Good luck in your deceision
Old 2010-03-05, 2:48pm

I have to wait 7 days to file(Monday).Thanks,Debbie
Old 2010-03-08, 11:39am

I post on Paypal a dispute & got my $ back within 1 hour.Still no response from Jodel as to why. I'm just glad I got my $ back! Debbie
Old 2010-03-08, 11:40am
as in the state

Glad you got your money back!

-Amy
Old 2010-03-08, 1:44pm

i started this thread when i got the 50% off sale email..i also had troulble with the coupon code so i didn't order..i sent an email the day i got her sale email but have not received a response..paypal is very good about getting disputes handled..jodel will probably handle the issue but it most likely will take a while..

Old 2010-03-09, 6:38am

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleStreetGlassWorks View Post
I've dealt with jodel a few times - usually VERY slow. However I was in need of Lauscha clear and got he 50% off email. So I placed an order for 3 lbs on Wednesday 3/2/10. I received my order today 3/5/10 and a receipt reflecting the 50% price charged to my CC. I checked my online banking and the correct amount was charged. This was a good/fast experience for me. However the box and the contents STINK of smoke.
Now, make sure you *really* got Lauscha clear...because that's been another issue with Jo-Del (shipping other clears in place of what people have ordered...)

new purple cricket @ home! minicc @ playing with fire in rockland! Sue & Nikki fighting over who gets to anneal the wonkies
Old 2010-03-09, 9:41am
Ad astra per aspera

Just remember, if it seems "too good to be true" it probably is. Especially from Jodel.

Old 2010-03-11, 6:18pm
where is that UPS man?

Or if you ordered EDP and received lauscha violet.... They are so similar.....
What excuses I have received...
reorginizing
shop burnt down
death in the family
computer system fried
Forgot beer in my box as I thought I was in a bar... Would never order from again, and I am a very patient person....
STAY AWAY!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunamoonshadow View Post
Now, make sure you *really* got Lauscha clear...because that's been another issue with Jo-Del (shipping other clears in place of what people have ordered...)

Deb
SERIOUS GLASS HO

Old 2010-03-11, 10:17pm
And silence is golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaterwunky View Post
Forgot beer in my box as I thought I was in a bar...
Old 2010-03-12, 5:07am
one day at a time

I had dirty glass, lots of powdery glass all over them to breathe. Missing items, and junky clear that was supposed to be Lauscha.
Old 2010-03-12, 6:29am

I have also had an experience with Jodel Glass and Monique. My mom gave me a starter kit for my birthday. Mom's are the greatest. She ordered it from Jodel. Almost a month later still no show. I called her and got all kinds of excuses from her saying things like her estranged husband was trying to kill her and ruin her business to she was waiting on the hot head to come in. I lost track of all the excuses. Anyway I told mom to cancel the order and Monique then promised to send an extra pound of this very rare coral glass that was a version of poppy...such a sucker I was. There wasn't anything rare at all except for my naieve attitude. LOL. Anyway, I don't know why but she felt the need to keep calling my mom and myself (drunk most of the time) talking about her ex. Weird. One good thing came out of the whole ordeal. When she sent my starter kit...she accidentally sent 2 pounds of samples of Orneala Glass. I called her to let her know (cause that is just who I am) and she told me to keep it. I will never purchase from her again...to risky. However does anyone know where I can get some more of the Orneala Glass...I just love it...melts like butter...all of it does...and very pretty colors.

Kat
Purr-Sonalities Glass Art
Old 2010-03-12, 6:54am
Meow.

Ornelala:

www.checkglass.com

Another JoDel scam the Orneala was. It's the same glass this REPUTABLE vendor has been carrying for a VERY long time even though she swore up and down it wasn't the same. But beware, it's not truly compatible with 104 - and some of the colors are not even compatible with each other. I think the website also offers tips on using the glass and which colors have which rules as a general guideline to minimize the chance of disappointment.

Go on. Click it!

Yes. We. Did!
Old 2010-03-12, 7:52am

Thank you so much for the link Kim. Yes...I found out the hard way about it not being compatible with other glasses. Definitely stay away from reactive with this glass! But, with that said...when you play by its rules...OMG the glass is wonderful. Yes, another scam. Just another reason to run - run like the wind.

I did want to mention.....FRANTZ ART GLASS...I'm just sayin.....awesome product, great turn over time, sales sales sales, great customer service...and where else can you get candy and free stuff! I'm just sayin why go somewhere else.

Kat
Old 2010-03-12, 11:02am
And silence is golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitkat View Post
I did want to mention.....FRANTZ ART GLASS...I'm just sayin.....awesome product, great turn over time, sales sales sales, great customer service...and where else can you get candy and free stuff! I'm just sayin why go somewhere else.

Kat
Does Frantz carry Ornela?
Old 2010-03-12, 6:23pm

no i don't think frantz carries ornela..i love ornela glass so it's the check site mentioned above or jodel..

Old 2010-03-12, 6:40pm
In search of her path....

Ornela is JUST check glass there are several places that carry check glass I dont use it but I know there is more than just jodel that carries it Jan & Jon in louisiana for one they are both great guys and usually have a quite nice selection of color. The whole "ornela" thing is just another thing jodel did to confuse people rename crap different names so people didnt know what they really were getting.

Prints for sale in my
!
Old 2010-03-13, 11:05pm

Oh no! I am very new at this and have only been lampworking a month. I wish I would have read this sooner. I placed a big order (for me any way) with her about a week and a half ago. All I keep getting is a mass email reply back saying that she has hundreds of orders and she is trying to do her best and they will be out soon. Not a good experience for someone new to this, but 50% off sounded wonderful. But now I am scared.
Old 2010-03-13, 11:12pm
And silence is golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by candieschnak View Post
Oh no! I am very new at this and have only been lampworking a month. I wish I would have read this sooner. I placed a big order (for me any way) with her about a week and a half ago. All I keep getting is a mass email reply back saying that she has hundreds of orders and she is trying to do her best and they will be out soon. Not a good experience for someone new to this, but 50% off sounded wonderful. But now I am scared.
From what I understand, it's the ones who have done business with her for a long time that seem to be getting stiffed.
Old 2010-03-13, 11:57pm

This is an email sent out a few days ago. If you can decipher it!

If Any customers are still calling and emailing to inquire about this discount coupon being applied, this is for the customers I did not answer yet, there are hundreds of orders and hundreds of emails and so no one will furthur worry, I am writing this email to insure all who placed an order where coupon did not work correctly that ""ALL"" orders will be adjusted as soon as I get to them, But to do that, I have to stay focased on the orders and get away from the emails for a day or 2.

fEverything will be fixed this week. I would prefer to work on all the orders and get them out to you all in a timely manner and I am hoping you work with me on this one so I can do this. I am trying to teach new employee's of the Glass Indian how to pull, weight and package all orders at the same time In am trying ton answer hundreds of emails and calls pouring in. TI made a new coUpon in hopes that it may work better than the last one. This is a new 50% Discount coupon to use Coupon Code: 1268196082
Coupon URL:
http://www.jodelglass.com/cgi-jodelg...2&function=add

Coupon link:
<a href="http://www.jodelglass.com/cgi-jodelglass/sb/order.cgi?storeid=*168010d4d0da00690719aa4fb6&rec= 4&cpid=1268196082&function=add"> redone </a>

If This does not work and you want to wait to place an order and use a coupon right away because you don't have the funds to pay up front right away, send an email with (Personnal Coupon Request) written on it and I will make individual coupons and send them out in hopes that they all work as I have had luck with this type so far during this sale.

My sincere qapologies to all who had copupon problems, be assured, I will fix every invoice personally by the end of the week. I'm sending this out to everyone asking for a few days to sort this out and get your discounts applied and to do so, I will not be answering the hundreds of emails till i AM FINISHED SENDING OUT YOUR ORDERS WITH FULL DISCOUNTS APPLIED. wHEN i CATCH UP TO ORDERS, BE ASSURED i WIL;L WRITE TO EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU. tHANKYOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE IN THIS MATTER, tHE SALE IS WORTH A FEW DAYS i ASSURE YOU mONIQUE

I don't think the next owners will be using coupons on their new web site seeing the problems I am having with them.

In case some customers are still trying to make the original coupon work. I don't know what happened
to the 1st one, an error of some sort, not sure if this one will work either but i ASSURE YOU, iF you did not get your discount, you will within a few days, I am going through all the orders now to insure they were billed correctly and all discounts were applied, if there are any errors, all will be fixed before this friday.

~
aLSO, i KNOW i HAVE TYPE-o'S IN THIS EMAIL, i'M SENDING IT TO YOU ANYWAY AS THE MESSAGE IS MORE IMPORTANT TO ME THAN THE SPELLING ERRORS. tHANKYOU ALL BIG TIME FOR HELPIONG ME OUT HERE. mONIQUE

hOPINGB THIS NEW CODE WORKS, bUT iF nOT, PLEASE DON'T WORRY. tHANK yOU, Monique

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Coupon Code: 1268196082
Coupon URL:

Coupon link:
<a href="http://www.jodelglass.com/cgi-jodelglass/sb/order.cgi?storeid=*168010d4d0da00690719aa4fb6&rec= 4&cpid=1268196082&function=add"> redone </a>

©1996-2004 ShopSite, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Contact Information
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
phone:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Save 50%

Offer Expires: Enter Expiration Date here (March 14th) Coupon Code: 1268196082
Coupon URL:

Coupon link:
If you are using a special coupon or promo code, include it here. Or, indicate if the coupon must be printed and presented in person. Is the coupon transferable? If so, encourage recipients to share the offer with friends and family to maximize the viral effect of the coupon. Add a link to your website with more information to drive traffic and to gauge what offers your customers find most appealing.

Offer Expires: Enter Expiration Date here

Forward email