Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials

Old 2007-07-24, 6:06am
Mary Lockwood

Thanks so much, Theresa, for sharing.

I just used your tutorial to make a mushroom cap. It was a really fun method and I'm sorry I didn't try it before. I'd never tried any sort of 'watercolor' florals and your tutorial was easy to follow.

~~Mary

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2007-07-24, 10:31pm

WooHoo! I finally got to try this tutorial. I got so engrossed in making enamel stringers I forgot about making beads. Enamels colors are so amazing!

Actually I did get to the bead flower part. Since I've never pulled Frit Stringer, haven't made a flower in ages, never used enamels before this was a big deal for me!
I loved the blue color combo for the base beads Teresa. It's so pretty.
My enamel stringers were a bit faint so in the end I just laid them on the beads without white underneath and I think that is my favorite one of all.
Thanks so much!
Oh, I also tried Bonnet Blue and Auqa for a base. Real pretty too!
Angela
PS: Sorry no pictures. I need a camera.

Old 2007-07-25, 6:09am

Well Shoot. I tried to edit my post and it disappeared!
Teresa, did you get it anyway? I just want you to know I had a blast with this! Do the enamels cause COE compatability problems? I was afraid to use TOO much enamel just in case.
I only had one frit, but now I want more. . I plan on practicing these a lot! As somone else posted you, I can only hope mine will look as good with time.
Angela

Old 2007-07-25, 11:24am
Mary Lockwood

Just wanted to come back and show the mushroom I made with this technique on the cap.

Thanks again, Theresa. Couldn't have done it without ya.

~~Mary

Old 2007-07-27, 11:16pm
Goddess

Sorry guys, I've been MIA for the past few weeks. Mary wow, I love the mushroom, what a neat twist!

Angela, I'm glad you're over the pneumonia and are having fun with the tutorial. If you bought Thompson enamels for 104 glass, then you shouldn't have a compatability issue. I use enamels in many layers and I've never had a problems.
I love seeing all the pictures and how you guys are using the technique!

Old 2007-07-28, 5:59am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
Just wanted to come back and show the mushroom I made with this technique on the cap.

Thanks again, Theresa. Couldn't have done it without ya.

~~Mary
OOOH PRETTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you smell something burning, or is it just me??
Old 2007-08-02, 8:38am
Anyone need some spacers?

Thanks, I have been waiting for this tut and it is wonderful. It is set up so nice and I love the photos.

Thanks again,

Old 2007-08-02, 8:40am
Detail G-Mama!

Whoa Mary!! That is gorgeous!!!

Old 2007-08-03, 9:52am
Ellyloo-YAH!

This is a bead i made with the enamel stringer... I love how the colours separate. I'm leaving them textured for interest.
Attached Images

Old 2007-08-17, 10:42am

HI, I've been hoping to show a bead I made using your technique. If it works this will be my first bead post ever since I started lampwork in 2004. Drum Roll....... I think it worked.
OK. Now I have to show the front. LOL!
Attached Images

Old 2007-08-17, 10:52am

Geesh. It's awfully big. I'm still learning. I'm still going to show the front of this monster bead....sorry for practicing here.
Attached Images

Old 2007-08-19, 12:54am
Goddess

I love the yellow you got there Ellyloo, nice bead!

Beautiful bead Angela, the camera part takes as much practice as the bead making! Just keep working on it and it will get better and better.

Old 2007-08-30, 8:45pm

Thanks Teresa. I am having fun with your tutorial, enamels and flowers. But not so much fun taking pictures. I need some serious help in that department.