Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2010-05-31, 4:56am
going crazy

1. Chris ~ Sleeping in my own bed!
2. Barb - I'll sleep with the non snorers (if there are any), can bring sleeping bag and blowup bed.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
My button mandrel listed here!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2010-05-31, 8:04am
Superkitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJJunk View Post
2. Barb - I'll sleep with the non snorers (if there are any), can bring sleeping bag and blowup bed.

3. Deb - I'd like to sleep inside, if possible. Bathroom issues. I can get a cot if needed.
Old 2010-05-31, 12:51pm
Burn baby burn

3. Deb - I'd like to sleep inside, if possible. Bathroom issues. I can get a cot if needed.
4. Laurie - I'm proud to say...I'm a non snorer. Would prefer the inside, if possible. Have a sleeping bag.

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says~~ "Oh Crap, She's up!"
Old 2010-05-31, 4:01pm
Eight Miles Wide

I can't go. I'm gong to miss you guys!

Old 2010-05-31, 4:18pm
Princess Odd . . . lot

4. Laurie - I'm proud to say...I'm a non snorer. Would prefer the inside, if possible. Have a sleeping bag.
5. MJ - possibly going now - will find out in the next day or two. I am a snorer so be warned, but I kinda need to be inside due to allergy issues if I do go.
Old 2010-05-31, 4:20pm
Princess Odd . . . lot

Quote:
Originally Posted by one-eared pig View Post
I can't go. I'm gong to miss you guys!
Dang it woman! Are we ever going to see you again??? It's been FOREVER!!

Let me know if you're torching on a weekend and want some company or something - I'm not that far away. Miss you!
Old 2010-05-31, 8:22pm
Anyone need some spacers?

5. MJ - possibly going now - will find out in the next day or two. I am a snorer so be warned, but I kinda need to be inside due to allergy issues if I do go.
6. Tracy- I sometimes snore but not often, I can sleep anyplace and have a sleeping bag and blow up mattress.

Old 2010-06-01, 5:19am
I have beady eyes

Sorry to miss this but I will be vacationing. Can I bring back an "Art Slut" bumpersticker from Key West for anyone?
Old 2010-06-01, 6:15am
the Evil One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristabman View Post
Sorry to miss this but I will be vacationing. Can I bring back an "Art Slut" bumpersticker from Key West for anyone?
Yes and thanks!

Old 2010-06-01, 9:40am
Eight Miles Wide

Quote:
Yes & thank you!

Old 2010-06-01, 1:34pm

Quote:

Definitely!

Old 2010-06-01, 3:24pm
Burn baby burn

Quote:
Crista, you have a great time in Key West! I'm happy to hear you're going ahead with the vacation. I'd love an "Art Slut" bumpersticker. Thanks.

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says~~ "Oh Crap, She's up!"
Old 2010-06-01, 5:30pm

Here's another list to copy and paste and add your name if you're coming on the 11th / 12th!

6. Tracy- I sometimes snore but not often, I can sleep anyplace and have a sleeping bag and blow up mattress.

Old 2010-06-02, 5:09am
the Evil One

7. Sandra-I don't snore but I have been known to grind my teeth. I'm find outside or I can bring an air mattress.

Old 2010-06-02, 5:10am
the Evil One

I can't leave till 4 and it is a 3 hour drive. Is anyone else going up that late and wants to share a ride?

Old 2010-06-02, 5:28am
Your Royal Fritness

I'm bumming I can't make this one It is prime time baseball season (2 games schduled) not to mention the dreaded grad parties...

Dawn

Old 2010-06-02, 8:01am
Superkitty

Any idea on a date for Metal Camp in September? My brother is coming in for a visit that month and I'm hoping I can schedule around everything.
Old 2010-06-04, 9:02am
Eight Miles Wide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb View Post
Any idea on a date for Metal Camp in September? My brother is coming in for a visit that month and I'm hoping I can schedule around everything.
I haven't heard yet...

Old 2010-06-05, 7:56pm

Plans for Friday/Saturday

FRIDAY
Get here as early as possible on Friday to start playing.

5-6 Dinner somewhere with libation involved. Anyone NOT partaking that wants to DD?

SATURDAY
Breakfast Saturday morning on me.

Play LOTS

Lunch, potluck. Tell me what you're bringing by Tuesday night so I can shop Wednesday.

Play more

Dinner before you leave about 4:30 or 5. Potluck again but I'll do meat of some kind on the grill. Again, let me know what you're bringing for that too.

So I'm thinking we can:

1. Make beads
2. Make more beads
3. Play with enamels
4. Play with metal stamps
5. Play with etching
6. Play with rolling mill.

What else?

What to bring:
Your own pillows if you want them.
Two blow up mattresses should be enough, so you guys let me know who will bring them.
Glass you want to play with.
Your own mandrels marked so you can just take them with you when we're done.
Enameling stuff you want to try.
Copper or silver pieces to etch and stamp. (I have some silver etching stuff we can try, I haven't even opened it yet)

I'll have 4 torches set up and if someone wants to cart their concentrator up that would be helpful. Anyone want to use a hothead? I have some but will need to get it set up.

Anything else?

Chris

Last edited by Snowfirebeads; 2010-06-05 at 7:58pm.
Old 2010-06-06, 6:40am
Superkitty

Chris, since I can only have one drink because of my crohn's disease, I can be designated driver unless there is someone who isn't going to drink at all.

Enamels~ Are you talking enameling copper or beads?

Lunch ~ I can bring sloppy joes. If someone wants to bring buns, let me know. Otherwise, I'll bring those too.
Dinner ~ Brownies

Torch/Concentrator ~ I'll nag DH to fix the cord on my backup concentrator. So, I'll bring those.

Do you need propane too?
Old 2010-06-06, 9:25am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb View Post
Chris, since I can only have one drink because of my crohn's disease, I can be designated driver unless there is someone who isn't going to drink at all.

Enamels~ Are you talking enameling copper or beads?

Lunch ~ I can bring sloppy joes. If someone wants to bring buns, let me know. Otherwise, I'll bring those too.
Dinner ~ Brownies

Torch/Concentrator ~ I'll nag DH to fix the cord on my backup concentrator. So, I'll bring those.

Do you need propane too?
I think* I'm all set on propane. I have the large one I can get two on, and I believe we have two smaller ones from the grill and camper we can use on the other two, so that's all set.

Enamels, I was talking beads but if someone wants to do discs or something we can do that too.

Old 2010-06-06, 11:43am
Superkitty

Chris, do you need an extra regulator for the propane or are you set with that?
Old 2010-06-06, 1:36pm
Anyone need some spacers?

I am going to have to back out I put the reason in the other thread sorry it's my anniversary. I know you all will have a great time.

Old 2010-06-06, 2:07pm

I was really hoping to go. I've had it on my calendar for weeks and weeks. But work has just been overwhelming, and the next 3 weeks don't look any better.

Hope everyone has a great time. I'm so envious of all the playing you guys will be doing. At least I've had a bead class one day a week, since I've been so busy I haven't even been able to hook up my new Minor yet. Well, gotta get back to work...
Old 2010-06-06, 8:46pm

When is this shindig happening? I live in Oak Park, MI and I am not working and have a lot to share. When, and where? Would love to meet you all! Am I too late?

Old 2010-06-07, 6:38am
Button Queen

I'm out for camping. It just doesn't look like it's going to work for me to get away... Bummer...
Old 2010-06-07, 6:48am
Burn baby burn

Hey Chris, I have an "out of the blue" family get together on Saturday, so I will not be able to make it. I'm sure going to miss getting together with you guys.

Old 2010-06-07, 1:24pm
Fire n Sand Glass Art

Chris,

I planning on coming if my cold is gone by them.
You know I snore a "little", lol. I can stay outside in your camper.

Karen

~
~
~
~
Old 2010-06-07, 2:09pm

Dana, was hoping to meeting you!

Patty, we're meeting up in Cadillac this Friday/Saturday. Holler if you want directions.

Tracy, Barb and Laurie, I may never speak to you again! Seriously, I am very bummed you won't be here!

Tracy, you said you have tons of beads coming from Overseas? What are the chances someone could bring some since you can't come?

I really need a get together with you guys to get my mind off this week. By Saturday it will be a done deal one way or the other. I still haven't totally made up my mind! YIKES! to the 10th power!

Old 2010-06-08, 10:06am

Sorry I cannot make it ! We are going to a retirement party on Saturday and a Tiger's game on Sunday.

Have fun. !