LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials

Old 2007-06-11, 5:41am

Teresa:

This is a wonderfull TUT. If you have any more TUT, please share them, you are doing a great job of it.
Old 2007-06-11, 10:47am

Wow Theresa. Great Tutorial. Thanks for removing the mystery!

paula

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Still North America's Largest Lauscha Dealer!
Now reopened in South Florida!!
Like US on Facebook !
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2007-06-11, 11:29am
pamtees

Teresa, Thank you for posting this tutorial! Your instructions are so complete and explained so well, I think even I can have fun with this! LOL Seriously, I have always loved your work and been inspired to practice and experiment with an assortment of techniques! Thanks again!

pam
Old 2007-06-11, 1:43pm
To Bead Or Not To Bead

Teresa:

Thank you so much for investing the time to create such a great tutorial.

Ebay:
Old 2007-06-11, 4:32pm

Wow Teresa--thank you so much for sharing your method! I had fumbled with a few other "watercolor" techniques, but I love the frit idea...gives me an excuse to buy a whole bunch more!

Old 2007-06-11, 7:24pm
Goddess

LOL Rachel, more frit is never wrong
Thanks again you guys!

Old 2007-06-12, 6:30am

Teresa, I tried your technique last night and had several "DUH" moments!!! It's a great tutorial!! I need to make more of the brown stringer, I didn't use enough enamel but other than that it worked like a dream, I'm very pleased with my first attempt!!! Still need practice getting the florals to not completely lose their shape in the press but not a bad first effort in my humble opinion!!! lol
thanks again for sharing, I imagine there's a lot of moaning going on amongst the watercolor artist!! lol

Do you smell something burning, or is it just me??
Old 2007-06-12, 8:48pm
Goddess

Hi Debbie, I'm glad you are getting something from the tutorial. Getting the stringer just right is a matter of experimenting as you found out And the neat thing about the techniques in these beads is that they can be used for other things besides florals. I hope my tutorial doesn't have anyone moaning because I would hate to step on toes, but I felt like mine were different enough from others techniques that it would be ok.

Old 2007-06-12, 9:34pm

Ditto what everyone else has written. This is a "technique", look, way to use color, that I have never learned how to do! I am so looking forward to adding this to my skills.
Thanks bunches for posting it!
Angela
Old 2007-06-13, 6:27pm

[ And the neat thing about the techniques in these beads is that they can be used for other things besides florals. I hope my tutorial doesn't have anyone moaning because I would hate to step on toes, but I felt like mine were different enough from others techniques that it would be ok.[/quote]

I don't know anything about anyone else's technique, I'm just oh so very very thankful that you didn't mind sharing your technique!! I had bought the enamel sampler way back when I saw you say you would need them for your floral tutorial, I've played with them a little but the layering of the transparent and pastels, like I said I had several "DUH" moments following your tutorial.

I also have to say I'm envious of your new studio, you must absolutely love it!!! Now the bees, I'm not so sure I'd go for the bees. Things that buzz kinda make my hair stand on end!! But that honey sure looked good!!
Thanks again!!

Do you smell something burning, or is it just me??
Old 2007-06-13, 6:53pm

Thank you very much for posting this excellent tutorial. It's so nice to see someone sharing their technique like this!
Old 2007-06-13, 6:55pm
To Bead Or Not To Bead

Teresa - No moaning here. There are several ways to create watercolor florals. I make mine a little different. I think it's wonderful that you shared your technique!

Ebay:
Old 2007-07-01, 1:01pm
FireSculptedCouture.com

Hi Teresa - Thank you for the wonderful Tutorial! As a newbie I am still not using frit or pixie dust, but I think that I could try it now as I can see how useful it can be! Thanks for sharing!

site is not yet available

Old 2007-07-11, 4:50am
Detail G-Mama!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LavenderCreek View Post

Have fun with the florals everyone! I'd love to see some pictures!
Thanks for doing this Teresa! Here are some I had a blast playing with!
Attached Images

Old 2007-07-11, 9:01am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anne Ricketts View Post
Thanks for doing this Teresa! Here are some I had a blast playing with!
OMFG!! Those are beautiful!
Old 2007-07-11, 9:27am
Detail G-Mama!

Thank you!

Old 2007-07-11, 2:03pm

Thank you sooooooooo much!
Naomi
Old 2007-07-11, 8:44pm

Default Anne your roses are fabulous

As a beginner I can only dream that one day I can create a floral as beautiful. I found alot of tutorials on petal flowers but I have never seen anything on the gorgeous rose you made. Is there any tutorial that would help with the technique?
Joy

Old 2007-07-12, 12:31pm
Goddess

Oh Anne, those are gorgeous! Thank you so much for posting pictures, I was beginning to wonder if anyone had tried it yet

Old 2007-07-13, 12:57am

Thank you Teresa for the tutorial
Anne: wow! those are really, really prettiy. Wonderful!

I'll try this week-end and see if I have something decent to show on Monday.
Old 2007-07-13, 3:49am
Detail G-Mama!

Thanks ya'll! I was pretty happy with them! They look more like the chintzware that I love doing them this way!

Old 2007-07-13, 6:07am
Brainy McSmartypants

Anne, I have always loved your chintzware sets, and you just kicked them up a couple of notches- GORGEOUS florals!!

Amy K

Old 2007-07-13, 6:36am
Gone Fishing!

Talking

Wow.. thank you so much for this tutorial. I cant wait to try them.

Ebay Id: ArtglassbyHollyYoung
Etsy ID: ArtglassbyHollyYoung
Old 2007-07-13, 7:02am

Teresa,

I'm adding my voice to the choir singing praises to your generosity. Thank you. I look forward to trying this...

All the best,

Sue
and the present is a gift.
Old 2007-07-13, 3:21pm
The Glass Smithy

Thank you Teresa for the tutorial! I like LE because people share their knowledge with others and are so willing to help with suggestions. Teresa, I plan to try out your tutorial in a few days. I think you make very nice beads and that your are very generous to share this tutorial!
Jerry
Old 2007-07-16, 11:51pm

Good morning everyone !
OK Teresa, here is what I’ve done with your tutorial. Those beads were hard to photograph and I’m not a 100% satisfied with the picture but here it is :

I’ve just changed one little thing : I choose to not use enamel on the base bead, so the water color effect is only on the flowers.

Thanks again.

Sylvie
Old 2007-07-17, 3:23am
Detail G-Mama!

Sylvie those are yummy!!! Good job!!

Old 2007-07-21, 4:13am
Goddess

Sylvie, wow, I love them! What a gorgeous set and you used my favorite color for these, I really love the pale orange! Thank you for showing them

Old 2007-07-23, 8:23pm

Anne and Slyvia, I too love these sets. I never knew the name for Chintzware but I'll remember it now!
I am frustrated because I haven't been able to try these. I got the Frit, then got pneumonia. Now I'm better but I haven't been able to find a N100 mask.
Still can't wait to try them!
Angela

Old 2007-07-24, 2:35am
Detail G-Mama!

Thank you Angela! Glad you are feeling better!