Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2007-05-21, 10:45am
Born on date: 11/3/09!

Thanks so much to everyone who has contributed! The beads are gorgeous, and the information is educational.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The little love of my life...
Old 2007-05-21, 10:59am
Glass Addict

I love bullseye brandy lustre

I also love using Davinci, Tongue Pink, and Nyx together

Old 2007-05-21, 11:12am
Born on date: 11/3/09!

Gorgeous- I love the brandy luster- it glows and sparkles like a jewel!

So- a question for those of us who use hotheads. Which silver glass do you guys think would work best for a HH? I bought Terra- and it is poopy for me. I don't like that it can only be worked a bit before losing the color, and I don't get good color to begin with.

What about this Nyx or Gaia?

Thanks!

The little love of my life...
Old 2007-05-21, 1:16pm

You might want to try some of the faux boro effects. These work very well, and I think are easier to get effects with than some of the special silver glasses. Search the gallery and tips for "faux boro".
Old 2007-05-21, 4:18pm
McLurkin'

I work on a HH and I have found the best glasses are DH Gaia and Aion, but by far Gaia is the easiest on a HH...I wish I had some pix. Every bead made with Gaia turns out to be my new favorite.

Gaia+ivory or Aion+dark silver plum are my favs...

I have had limited success with the R4 Van Gogh. Some days it works and others it doesn't. Also FYI I have a big bulk tank of MAPP gas that I work from.

Anne
Old 2007-05-21, 4:30pm

I've had great success with Picasso on my hot head.

Heavily reduced before encasing this tube bead had the iridescence of paua shell. Just keep the reduction out of the flame when encasing and the colours pop easily.
Attached Images

Old 2007-06-17, 8:28am
Redbearmountain

Default Awesome Beads!

Kevan, Hello I love your beads made with DH glass. I just ordered an assortment pack of this glass to get going and try. I read this glass is best used with clear glass base beads! Does this glass work with dark ivory base beads also? I mainly use moretti glass does this new glass work well with most moretti colors? Thanks! Jacque
Old 2007-06-17, 3:01pm
Where's the coffee?

Fun thread! My favorite is Bullseye's dark aurora.

Old 2007-06-18, 1:54am
Formerly known as LT

My favorite is Raku. I slap it on almost everything!

Old 2007-06-18, 6:54pm
You can call me Slater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevan View Post
Gaia, Raku, Silver Blue, Electra.

This is the first bead I made with Electra just this week and I am in love.

I was hoping someone would show and tell a bead made with Electra.

Very cool bead Kevan!!

Thanks!!
Old 2007-06-18, 8:54pm
Salt Box Beads

I have some good old standbys that can be magic for me..EDP, Copper Green, The Ivories, Rubino oro, Intense black, Dark Amber and a large sized stringer rod of Goldstone. I do not know what I would do without these!

All of the others mentioned are terrific too.

I really like the new Messy colors and ASK colors..I guess there are lots of magical colors out there.
Lorraine
Old 2007-06-19, 12:12am
Ad astra per aspera

I'm old-fashioned...I'm still in love with Moretti Ivory + Rubino (with a silver catalyst). After all these years, the combination still fascinates me.

No new beads to show (dead hard drive, lost 2 years of goodies) but here's an old favorite.
Attached Images

Old 2007-06-19, 3:37am

For HH workers you guys should be able to get the colors. I ork on a HH and I can get them. Just make sure to cover the holes to make the flame a reduction flame. Foil works good.

Gaia is the only one I have a problem with I have no idea why everyone else says it is great I wish I could get it the colors I see are amazing!

I really like Kronos2 it seems to work thebest for me. And Terra.

And yeah thanks for starting this thread.

~
~
Old 2007-07-19, 11:31am

Gaia is my current favorite... and i love NYX too... this little guy is all Gaia with encased Nyx eyes...

i also LOVE iris blue frit on Aqua... i think it is a "magic" combo....

COOL THREAD!

Melanie

Old 2007-07-19, 10:36pm
da General

Great thread!

I LOVE Rocio's newest glass, Miro. Posted these in another thread - but would like to post them again here. It's very similar to DH's Gaia but in addition to all the Gaia colors, it's possible to get blues and purples. . . and as you can see at the end of the large bead, magenta! Can't wait to try Michelangelo, Zeus and Botero!

Miro with clear
Name:  Miro3_sm.jpg
Views: 647
Size:  19.7 KB

Miro with clear stringer
Name:  MiroGlyph1_sm.jpg
Views: 669
Size:  16.2 KB

|
|
|
|
Old 2007-07-19, 11:06pm

I love all the silver glasses, but my current fave glass right now has to be CIM Hades mixed with silver foil. I almost called the set this focal goes with "Cheap Thrills" as no expensive silver glasses were used in the making of these beads

I've posted this elsewhere, but it really is my favorite glass right now.
Hayley, I love the Mirro beads!

Old 2007-08-12, 9:07am
Frit frit and more frit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayne View Post
I love all the new silvered glass, but my all-time magical fave is Z-99 Purple Rose
I know this is an old thread but I just had to say those are lovely. You've really brought out many of the shades you get from the glass and used the devit to your advantage. I've just stocked my shop with some of this glass and (when I have torch time) I'm having a real love affair with it! it makes the most amazing godesses too.
Old 2007-08-13, 8:08pm
Just Plain

Thanks, Sam! I think it looks great etched. I'd love to see some of your goddesses!

Old 2007-08-14, 9:59pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonfireBeads View Post
Fun thread! My favorite is Bullseye's dark aurora.

Angie,
That's very beautiful. What did you use as the base? It looks like an orange and did you encase the Aurora? I seem to get better results if it's encased!
Irene