Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Customer Service Kiosk

Customer Service Kiosk -- Questions for LE vendors.

Old 2007-10-26, 7:27pm
Crazy Snake Lady

Default I love Arrow Springs, but...

What's up with shipping?!!!!!!

I wanted to order 4 colors of the Thompson enamel for about $24 and the cheapest shipping was $20!!!

I like that I can now shop online but I hope that's not the true cost for shipping 8 oz!

Can someone tell me if that's just an estimate?
Old 2007-10-26, 7:32pm
tinkmartin.etsy.com

Whenever I stumble across a situation like that, I pick up the phone and ask. The folks at Arrow Springs are truly wonderful, and I'm sure they'll be able to clear things up.

Also Available in
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
: my Electroforming for Everyone booklet.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2007-10-26, 7:56pm
Crazy Snake Lady

You're right Tink. I guess I had a knee jerk reaction when I saw the price.
Old 2007-10-26, 9:24pm
Gay rights R human rights

I have been charged $42 to ship a $17 item (italian rod holder) so I am not surprised.

bravo torch with 2 ex20's
Old 2007-10-26, 10:00pm
da General

I ordered from AS on its new website - got the $20 shipping and called. Apparently the site defaults to $20 automatically, but you will only be charged the actual shipping cost. I think it should be stated clearly and boldly!

My shipping was $6 for a 6-pound package.

|
|
|
|
Old 2007-10-26, 10:43pm

Yep ... I took a visit recently and they charge the $20 because that is the default on the website - when they send it is the real amount. They told me the website couldn't figure the amount but they adjusted it before the card (or however you pay) is charged.

On my recent trip I was amazed to find that I was able to pick up more glass, more tools etc and when I checked out I was charged less than my original website order.

If in doubt call ... I was amazed at the deal I got with the 20lb less order (same deal the default is the 20lb discount charge).

I really like arrow Springs - the people are friendly and helpful (even on the phone) ...

Old 2007-10-26, 10:51pm
Rare Florida Native

As with anything these days - "Buyer Beware" -
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If you don't pick up the phone and inquire about the on-line shipping will Arrow Springs charge you the default rate on the website?

I don't buy from Arrow Springs anymore since their employee's (no names) feel it is a chore to take an order from me.
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
when I have called in to place an order. I had spent a pretty penny at Arrow Springs before deciding that I needed a company that appreciated my business and treated me as such.

A customer is not a bother but your paycheck.

Old 2007-10-27, 4:40am
burnin' glass just becuz

i bought one of their kilns (from a Cdn supplier to ensure CSA approval) cuz of all the great feedback they receive online. since it's my first i wanted some advice on my first batch anneal so i tried to contact them. huh. 800# doesn't work in Canada so i called the main line (never been able to get thru to a real person) and left a couple voicemails.

it's been weeks and no one has ever called me back. i gave up and it made me reconsider ever purchasing from them again. I ended buying my standalone controller elsewhere. their loss.

Give ideas away - there are new ones underneath... Diane Vreeland
Old 2007-10-27, 5:07am
Macaw Mamma

It's a shame that the default shipping comes up on their online orders....

I wanted to order and when it showed $20 to ship a $14 item, I emailed them.
They explained that the $20 shows up as default and the actual shipping was $4.60 for priority....

if I didn't check, I wouldn't have ordered...everything was great with my order....

Torchin' with a Cheetah and a Bobcat on tanked O2
Fusin' in a Jen-Ken
Old 2007-10-27, 5:40am

I've ordered from them several times. They always email an invoice which shows the actual shipping cost. I've emailed and spoken with them (Molly, actually) when I was shorted and Molly resolved any issues beautifully. She's great!
Old 2007-10-27, 12:16pm
Crazy Snake Lady

Quote:
Yep ... I took a visit recently and they charge the $20 because that is the default on the website - when they send it is the real amount. They told me the website couldn't figure the amount but they adjusted it before the card (or however you pay) is charged.
I figured it must be something like this. I've shopped with them many times and have loved the experience.

I do feel they should put something on the site that lets people know what's going on with the shipping charges. I looked and couldn't find anything so I left the site thinking that this was the charge I would see on my invoice.

A nice big bold sign above the shipping drop down would be great!
Old 2007-10-27, 12:51pm
The Beadstress

I have only had excellent customer service from Arrow Springs. In fact I had just emailed them about a piece of equipment that I purchased from them over a year ago that wasn't working, and they have gone above and beyond to make things right. They have treated me like I was their most important customer and that's not very common these days.

I do, however, agree that they should inform people about the shipping on their website so they don't confuse or scare away potential customers.

Good luck with your order
Old 2007-10-27, 2:04pm
state-eternal change

Yes, dealing with them from Canada is difficult at best. Their 800 number doesn't work from here, and shipping is astronomical. Staff was very friendly and treated me well over the phone, once I was able to get a hold of someone.

Old 2007-10-27, 3:44pm
"Sinners have soul too"

Quote:
I figured it must be something like this. I've shopped with them many times and have loved the experience.

I do feel they should put something on the site that lets people know what's going on with the shipping charges. I looked and couldn't find anything so I left the site thinking that this was the charge I would see on my invoice.

A nice big bold sign above the shipping drop down would be great!
My website is set up for shipping based on the total. I don't like doing it this way but in order for me to do exact weight total for shipping I would have to weigh every single item in the store and enter it into the website software. I have more than 500 items in my store... I would have to eliminate letting people buy single rods. I'm thinking that Arrowsprings has the same issue, and they have way more stuff than I do. However, I do have a shipping button on the home page with a note to "please read" (hopefull they do), so that people don't see the default shipping amount and abandon the order.

Old 2007-10-27, 7:55pm

I'm glad to have found this thread. I was ordering a lb of glass about a week ago on their website and when the $20 shipping charge came up I stopped and didn't place the order because of it. Next time I'll know to call.
Old 2007-10-27, 8:29pm
Living out Loud

Smile

I have had an excellent experience ordering from Arrowsprings. I purchased my kiln, oxycon, mini-cc, minor burner and numerous items from them. When my oxycon went on the fritz they were fabulous in helping me to get it totally replaced by the company that customized it.
Old 2007-10-27, 8:35pm
critter creator

Arrow Springs is GREAT and I recommend them to everyone, including new students, above and beyond ALL other suppliers.

Props to Arrow Springs.
Great people, great customer service, and the BEST prices. How can you beat that?

Old 2007-10-28, 7:57am
maybe tomorrow

Since it's a fairly new thing to be able to order online from them, they may still just be working out the kinks. I love AS. I'm lucky that I'm close enough to be able to go and pick out my own glass (which I do waaaaaay too often!), so I've never used their website to order, but everyone there is great, and I'm sure a quick phone call would clear up any questions or concerns.

Old 2007-10-28, 8:39am

I love their service. And their prices.

~
~
Old 2007-10-28, 8:52am
Rare Florida Native

Maybe the person (sorry, I used plural in my first post in this thread) - it was the same person 3 times in a row when I called - isn't there anymore.

I love Donna & Craig Milliron by the way - they are great people.

I bought my kiln, torch, glass - your name it - from AS. And their prices are great.

Since everyone is posting about their good experiences I will have to try calling for some glass one more time.....

Old 2007-10-29, 5:11pm
Rare Florida Native

I received a phone call today from Lori (General Manager) at Arrow Springs regarding my experience at Arrow Springs with the poor service I received from my posts in this thread.

I am happy that Lori took the time to track me down to personally talk to me and assure me that Arrow Springs takes their Customer Service very seriously.

I was correct in my assumption that the person I had the luck to get on the phone a number of times in a row is no longer employed at Arrow Springs.

I will resume doing business with Arrow Springs - thank you Lori for calling me and letting me know that Arrow Springs cares about it customers.

Old 2007-10-29, 8:29pm

I've never had a bad experience with Arrow Springs - going there in person is the best, but ordering via the website is a no brainer as long as you bear in mind that everything will be adjusted accordingly when they ship ... The staff are friendly and helpful and they have lots of stuff ...wish they could do a deal with vetrofond and lauscha and then I wouldn't have to go further afield (not that I have any complaints with other places that I shop either)!

Old 2007-10-29, 9:01pm
Storm Queen

Quote:
I was correct in my assumption that the person I had the luck to get on the phone a number of times in a row is no longer employed at Arrow Springs.
I wonder if that's the same person that was extremely rude to me at the store and is the reason I'll never shop there again.

Old 2007-10-30, 4:13am
Rare Florida Native

Quote:
I wonder if that's the same person that was extremely rude to me at the store and is the reason I'll never shop there again.
I told Lori at Arrow Springs that I would call her if I ever had a problem in the future but I don't think I will ever have to call since I don't think there will ever be a problem again.

My new motto is no matter what company I am dealing with if I receive bad service from an employee I will call or speak to the manager or owner. In the past I just stopped doing business with a company without saying anything.

If the bad service comes from the manager or owner there will be no second chance to earn my hard earned dollars

If the owner dosn't know about the problem they cannot fix it.

Last edited by C-Ann; 2007-10-30 at 1:23pm. Reason: added explanation
Old 2007-10-30, 10:16am
Storm Queen

Quote:
I told Lori at Arrow Springs that I would call her if I ever had a problem in the future - but I don't think I will.

My new motto is no matter what company I am dealing with if I receive bad service from an employee I will call or speak to the manager or owner. In the past I just stopped doing business with a company without saying anything.

If the bad service comes from the manager or owner there will be no second chance to earn my hard earned dollars

If the owner dosn't know about the problem they cannot fix it.
I had planned on calling but I was so upset for days I just couldn't. I purchased the two ASK colors that had just came out...this was back when only Arrow Springs carried them....and I went home with the rest of my list and ordered from Frantz. I haven't gone back in there since.

Old 2007-10-30, 11:10am
maybe tomorrow

Quote:
I had planned on calling but I was so upset for days I just couldn't. I purchased the two ASK colors that had just came out...this was back when only Arrow Springs carried them....and I went home with the rest of my list and ordered from Frantz. I haven't gone back in there since.
I've been there A LOT, and I can't even imagine who it might have been that was so rude to you. Everyone I've ever worked with has been very helpful and friendly. It's just too much fun to be able to pick out your own tools and glass. Give them another chance. You won't regret it.

Old 2007-10-30, 1:27pm
Storm Queen

Lori actually tracked me down and called me this morning. We had a nice chat and I feel much better. After describing to her the person that was rude to me, she verified that it's the same one that Charlotte had and this girl is gone now...along with a second problem employee. Hopefully they'll keep on top of customer service now and be proactive in teaching employees how to be.....well, nice!

Old 2007-10-30, 1:27pm
Rare Florida Native

I fixed my post - what a idiot I am - not typing my complete thought.........

I meant that I would never have to call about a problem since Arrow Springs is making a huge effort to make their customers happy - the employees are happy and that means the customer should be happy.

Old 2007-10-30, 2:24pm
SSDD... go ahead, ask me!

Since their online ordering software is new I am sure there are a few kinks to be worked out. I believe there is a statement on their website about how the shipping would be correct on your invoice.

I remember the very first time I *ever* called them. I didn't have but 6 glass rods and not even a hot head. I asked how I would be able to order from them if their printed catelog had no pictures. I was told that if I didn't know what colors I wanted, then maybe I shouldn't be ordering from them. Wonder if it was the same ex-employee....

Anyway, they are a major glass outlet for me. I love the personal service they provide. They never assume anything and will call as many times as it takes to get the order correct and to your door. If something is not in stock, they will give you other options or tell you you have to order when it's in stock.

Great people IMHO!
Old 2007-10-30, 2:44pm
birdergirl ~o~

If you order $100 worth online the shipping is FREE (yeah freee!) ANd who can't spend $100 on more glass, tools and etc. !
My only complaint is they don't mark online what they don't currently have in stock, and I emailed them yesterday to ask about one that was out last time and havent heard back from them. This has stalled my ordering.....,

~raised by wolves~sleeps with foxes~cooks for crows~feeds the bears~scrabbles with squids~antisymmetrical~politically agnostic.

Torchering glass since spring '06~ gold cricket & oxycon!~