LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2008-10-13, 11:27pm

Default Signing my beads - How?

Hi, ive been asked to sign my little turtle beads with name and date for collection. I dont know how to do this, I have to buy a specific pen wich will scratch the glass right? where can i buy these pens?

And also, there is not much room for signing, should i just sign T.B. 14-10-2008 for example? or Tiago 14-10-2008?

any help would be apreciate it

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

ALL MY GALAXY MURRINI, ROSE MURRINI AS WELL AS MY NEW TUTORIAL ON MY ETSY SHOP

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|
|
Old 2008-10-14, 6:30am
Mary Lockwood

Titanium Pens

or

Murrini

I would do it like this:

TB

I don't think you really need the exact date...just the year. The whole date is a lot of bead surface to cover.

Old 2008-10-14, 6:30am
Addicted to Frit!!!

I bought mine from ABRimagery.com. Here's a link that describes the Ti Pen: http://www.aspenglass.com/. They have a list of distributors.

I would suggest signing with the fewest letters/numbers possible like TB '08.

Premium Frit Blends
Check us out on

Old 2008-10-14, 8:10am

thank you so much

|
|
|
|
Old 2008-10-14, 8:43am
SSDD... go ahead, ask me!

Smurfy5, a member here, sells them. Her prices are quite reasonable.

Last edited by Elegance_1; 2008-10-14 at 8:46am.
Old 2008-10-14, 8:50am

My favorite way is to use signature cane. They are surprisingly east to make...well I guess that would depend on your initials. Mine was easy I just can't bring myself to scratch the surface of a bead that took me an hour or more to make. I strive for perfect surfaces and to mar them just kills me

Old 2008-10-14, 11:20am

Titanium pens don't scratch the surface. They lay down a fine layer of titanium which can be nearly invisible, and are quite nice for signing work.

Additionally, the titanium is conductive... re: electroforming.

So come up to the lab and see what's on the slab...

Old 2008-10-15, 4:59am

wow, that was really helpful information, thank you all for your help
I know I can allways count on you

|
|
|
|
Old 2008-10-15, 6:09am

I went with a ti-scribe pen from Ed Slawson of Playing with Fire. His pen has two ends, one is finer tipped than the other so you have two choices for writing... If you watch the top of your screen, they have a banner ad running. The price was very reasonable too.

Just my two cents.

Edited to add: found the link!

http://www.playingwithfireglassworks.com/

Sue
and the present is a gift.

Last edited by Sue in Maine; 2008-10-15 at 7:20am.