Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2010-01-22, 5:39pm

Dave,
Got mine today.....WWHHOOO. Off to steal a pipe cutter from the DH. Tool looks awesome. My Dad owned a Tool & Die company, he would have been impress ed, pun intended.

Thanks,
Kay
Old 2010-01-22, 9:21pm

Smile

Hi DAve-

I got my tools today as well- thank you so much- I can't wait to use it! Beautifully packed and quick ship! Thanks again, Laura

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2010-01-28, 5:19pm
Formerly Icarus Beads :)

Hi Dave - got my bead liner today. Woohoo, can't wait to try it.

Etsy Vintage shop

Webpage ->
Old 2010-01-29, 4:07pm
Formerly Icarus Beads :)

Just cored my first two Pandora disks. Oh, I love it!
I used copper tubing cause I thought there would be a huge learning curve.
Now I'm kind of bummed that I didn't use sterling silver - because it worked beautifully!
Very easy to do, pretty fast (measuring, cutting & deburring the tubing took longest in the whole process), and really impressive result. Perfectly domed & snug fitting cores!

Etsy Vintage shop

Webpage ->
Old 2010-01-31, 10:57pm

Hi Dave-

You will be so proud of me. I got my Impress over the weekend and actually got to try it out tonight. First time.....dead on!

Your instructions are very clear and helpful. Got the tubing you suggested from the girl on etsy. Got the pipe cutter from Sears you suggested. I had a digital caliper. Had a hammer...didn't need it. Used your de burr thingy. Changed out my little center thing by your instructions to the special size...taking out the two bottom screws to get the bottom off then changed the center thing. Put it back together. Then went to town on it. Whoopeeeeeeeeee.

Great service from you....great machine.....great instructions. You ROCK.

Thanks.

Carla Boudrot
Old 2010-02-03, 9:12pm

Default LAST CHANCE for IMPRESS at the rediculously low introductory price!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdb10252 View Post
Hi Dave-

You will be so proud of me. I got my Impress over the weekend and actually got to try it out tonight. First time.....dead on!

Your instructions are very clear and helpful. Got the tubing you suggested from the girl on etsy. Got the pipe cutter from Sears you suggested. I had a digital caliper. Had a hammer...didn't need it. Used your de burr thingy. Changed out my little center thing by your instructions to the special size...taking out the two bottom screws to get the bottom off then changed the center thing. Put it back together. Then went to town on it. Whoopeeeeeeeeee.

Great service from you....great machine.....great instructions. You ROCK.

Thanks.

Carla Boudrot
Thanks Carla & everyone else above for your kind feedback...

I'm checking in to let you all know that I am pretty much caught up now at last! ALL orders I have at this moment should be shipped within a few days. This is a good time to jump in... your order will ship quickly if you order now, and prices will be going up considerably very soon. The new price of the Impress will likely be 115 to 130 dollars. Fair warning! I am doing a cost analysis over the next few days and will arrive at new price SOON. If you want the $85.00 introductory price, lock it in NOW. This tool will _never_ be cheaper than it is right now. I expect this announcement may cause another rush of orders so the sooner you order the higher you'll be in the list.

Regards,
Dave

Old 2010-02-04, 5:52am
caffiene, beads, bedhead,

Whew, glad I finally caved in and ordered one!!

~~
~~
Old 2010-02-04, 10:48am
back at it

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveF View Post
I expect this announcement may cause another rush of orders so the sooner you order the higher you'll be in the list.
Yep, that's all it took to get me off my rear! Thanks for the heads up!

Last edited by MaryAnn; 2010-02-04 at 10:49am. Reason: misspelling
Old 2010-02-04, 11:25am
novembersfyre everywhere

Are your prices are going to be increasing on the accessories (risers, extra pegs)?

Old 2010-02-04, 11:58am
Oooooh Sparkly!

Thanks for the heads up. I have always wanted one of these I had to order one!
Old 2010-02-04, 1:15pm

Yay! My DH will be happy to know that he bought me a great Valentine's gift!

The way I see it, since I'm such a thrifty shopper, I have the difference between the future price and the current price to spend however I like!
Old 2010-02-04, 1:38pm

I've been thinking of getting one too, I guess I now is the time... What else would I need? Would I need a jeweler's saw to cut the tubing?

Old 2010-02-12, 3:27pm
I ate a big red candle!

so....anybody else receive theirs recently? I'm still excitedly awaiting.

My fledgling etsy shop

Old 2010-02-12, 5:26pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by booga119 View Post
so....anybody else receive theirs recently? I'm still excitedly awaiting.
Yours shipped today, ETA Monday AM. I just emailed you.
Dave

Old 2010-02-12, 5:28pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryBeth View Post
Are your prices are going to be increasing on the accessories (risers, extra pegs)?
Probably.

Old 2010-02-12, 5:35pm
I ate a big red candle!

Quote:
Yours shipped today, ETA Monday AM. I just emailed you.
Dave
Hooray! Thanks so much. Is it Monday yet?

My fledgling etsy shop

Old 2010-02-12, 5:35pm

Can you please post as you send them out? I'm sure you've had a flurry of orders recently.
Old 2010-02-12, 5:59pm
Hobby Junkie

I just ordered mine today. I'm so excited. Can't wait!

Old 2010-02-12, 8:53pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robinj View Post
Can you please post as you send them out? I'm sure you've had a flurry of orders recently.
I email each person when they ship. I don't post here for that. That's not what this thread is for. Sorry.

As far as lead time right now, it's probably going to be somewhere around 2 weeks or a bit longer from your order date.

After five older orders go out probably Monday, I should be shipping orders from about 2-3-10 and newer next week. So I'm not badly backed up right now. I try to ship within 1 to 2 weeks from date of order. It can sometimes be considerably longer though depending on volume. I make these to order. But if things slow down enough to allow it, I do try to keep some already made in stock. But I have not been able to do that since before Christmas.

Dave

Old 2010-02-12, 9:01pm

If anyone has had your email bounce back in the last day or two saying mailbox full, That's fixed now. I just deleted 4790 emails from daveatyouknowwhere (a couple year's worth.) Try again now. Sorry for any inconvenience.
Dave

Old 2010-02-13, 4:50pm

Dave, I've ordered one! Looking forward to using it. Thanks for posting it takes about 2 weeks. I won't be eagerly looking for it in the next week.

Didn't know you were going to increase the prices, so I'm glad I bit the bullet and decided on getting it now.

Heard great things about it!
Old 2010-02-13, 6:26pm

Quote:
I email each person when they ship. I don't post here for that. That's not what this thread is for. Sorry.
Thanks -- I just wanted to know when I should start waiting by my mailbox!
Old 2010-02-14, 8:59am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robinj View Post
Thanks -- I just wanted to know when I should start waiting by my mailbox!
Nobody can blame you for that!
Old 2010-02-16, 10:32am
I love glass

I ordered one on the 7th. I can't wait to get it.

Old 2010-02-16, 10:47am
Storm Queen

Dave, is there any way you would make another press for longer beads? I made one that is about 20mm long and with the tubing, I barely got it in there. I'd love to be able to core longer beads with a press of yours.

Old 2010-02-16, 12:14pm

Ordered mine yesterday. Can't wait.

Old 2010-02-24, 9:39am

Anyone knows if he still sells them?! I sent him a email with a few questions to make the order but havent got a response yet :s

ALL MY GALAXY MURRINI, ROSE MURRINI AS WELL AS MY NEW TUTORIAL ON MY ETSY SHOP

|
|
|
|
Old 2010-02-24, 10:54am

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiltroy View Post
Anyone knows if he still sells them?! I sent him a email with a few questions to make the order but havent got a response yet :s
Hi,

I emailed you just now. Sometimes it takes a day or two to get a response from me. Sometimes longer.

(In This case, it took 25 hours and 21 minutes...)

Dave

Old 2010-02-25, 2:43pm
novembersfyre everywhere

This thread just reminded me I needed to order the risers and the 1/8 and 3/32 flaring dies. I don't know if the prices are new or old but in any event they are good prices

Old 2010-02-26, 12:56pm

I ordered mine on the 7th and still nothing??????????????????