Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Free Tutorials

Old 2011-10-25, 7:24pm
"Sinners have soul too"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittypat View Post
ok, I have gathered everything. Now I have a simple question. After you knot and cut? the wrap, where do you start the thread with the first bead? I am supposing that you knot and pull it through the wrap?
Thanks for any answers. HannahRachel, are you here or in bed?
I don't cut my thread... I just keep going. My thread is actually one long piece start to finish...

If I did it Hannah's way I would put a knot in and bury it in the wrap.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2011-10-25, 7:44pm
Maker of Famous Burn Gel

Thanks a lot, Donna. I was heading in your way, but either would work, I am sure.
Old 2011-10-25, 7:45pm
"Sinners have soul too"

Good luck and don't forget pics when you're done!

Old 2011-10-26, 10:06am
Still makin' flowers...

I totally went to bed early last night. Thanks for the explanation, Donna!

Thanks for the thought Debbi/Ginko. I totally have another order coming your way in about a week or so!

--NEW and Updated Beading Tutorials for all levels
!

Last edited by HannahRachel; 2011-10-26 at 10:18am.
Old 2011-10-29, 5:29pm
"Sinners have soul too"

Better pics of the last bracelet I made...
David Christensen furnace glass and clear Czech. I used Fireline for this one.
Attached Images

Old 2011-10-29, 6:02pm
Jer. 29:11, Prov.10:19

Found a source for leather cord:https://www.leathercordusa.com/
Old 2011-10-29, 6:09pm
Maker of Famous Burn Gel

Thanks for the source. I wanted to add that I did a search on Etsy for leather cord 2mm and found someone? selling her leftovers, she said she had bought from leathercordusa.
I can't remember if the prices were that much different. She had quite a few colors.
Old 2011-10-29, 6:13pm
Maker of Famous Burn Gel

I am moving along, but pulling those six yards of c-lon through each time is a big pain!!
Hope to get at least half way through so the weaver is shorter.
Old 2011-10-29, 6:16pm
"Sinners have soul too"

That's where I got my leather cord from... quick ship too

Old 2011-10-29, 8:20pm
Ex-lurker

Thanks so much for this Hannah! I have been wanting to do one of these bracelets for a while now.

"Life is a journey - travel it well"
Old 2011-10-30, 9:09am

Love the bracelet. Now I have to order some cord. Thanks for taking the time to share!
Old 2011-10-30, 7:35pm
Still makin' flowers...

It was my pleasure - thanks guys!

Also, special thanks to Donna who has been fielding questions for me.
Your new bracelet is stunning!

!
Old 2011-10-30, 8:27pm
"Sinners have soul too"

Thank you Hannah! I really do love this last one... I may need more David Christensen furnace glass... sigh... the beads are just so sparklie! =)

Old 2011-10-31, 10:38am
Formerly FishBulb

Wow! Thank you so much for this, Hannah!

In Soviet Russia, Google searches you.
Old 2011-11-02, 6:53pm
Still makin' flowers...

You are very welcome, Angie!

Donna - you should check out the newest book by Jeri. There are directions on how to make your own "furnace glass" beads.

!
Old 2011-11-02, 6:56pm
"Sinners have soul too"

You mean "creating glass beads"? It's got 9 different beads on the front??

Old 2011-11-03, 6:57am
Still makin' flowers...

Yup, that's the one, Donna. There are "faux" furnace beads in it (session 6).

And... look through the project tester galleries at the end of each chapter. I have beads in almost every gallery... and a few photos in the artist galleries. I was lucky enough to be picked as one of her project testers and it was SO much fun. I met a whole group of fantastic people through it, too.

!

Last edited by HannahRachel; 2011-11-03 at 10:20am.
Old 2011-11-03, 10:14am
"Sinners have soul too"

Yay! I have that book! I got it from Jeri at Glass Craft Expo this last time. After she gave me and my friends a personal demo on making eye beads! She is the nicest lady!

Old 2011-11-07, 8:59pm
Maker of Famous Burn Gel

Ok, youall, I have finished three feet..about 9 hours!! All I need to do is put a bead on the end to finish and I will try to get a picture. I know why the prices are high!!!

And HannahRachel, I will let you know how I pieced the C-lon together!! At the beginning about four inches in, I got a huge knot and couldn't get it out. So I cut the thread and I am going to try to go through at least two beads with both threads and then stick glue up into the bead...sounds easy, yes??? LOL...I don't think so...wish me luck....
Old 2011-11-08, 12:04am
Duchess of Dichro

Can't wait to see it Pat!

Old 2011-11-08, 7:20am
Evil Glass Enabler

Great tutorial, Hannah! Thanks for sharing. Angelique

Fantasy Sterling Jewelry
Hothead or Nortel Major/minor on an oxycon. Ex-hole stole the big torches after putting them on the inventory.
"If I'm not part of the solution then I'm part of the problem. Today I'm part of the problem."
Old 2011-11-08, 7:46am

Here is one I'd done a while back .. trying to use lampwork beads and stuff from my multy stashes .. lol

there are a few youtube videos on how to do Chan Lu bracelets too,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-XV_...ayer_embedded#!

Now this gal has all kinds of bracelets in her videos ...
http://www.youtube.com/user/beadshop1
Attached Images

~~

Old 2011-11-10, 8:12am

Very pretty everyone! I like the single wrap ones Donna. So much less time spent. Lorraine, awesome! I love the black and silver.
I can see why these are so expensive! I've got one on the board using 3mm cubes and it may not be done in my lifetime.
I made one using bigger beads and it went pretty fast. I'll probably give it to my DIL or my son's GF for Christmas.

Thanks Hannah!

Old 2011-11-10, 9:36am
"Sinners have soul too"

Thanks Rebecca! I only did the singles because I didn't know about the multi wrap ones. Someone taught me this when I was in Hawaii a couple months ago. Then I found out that this was a "thing" now. I guess I don't pay much attention!

I think I'll make a multi wrap this weekend.

Old 2011-11-10, 10:22am
Still makin' flowers...

Goodness, I'm behind on responding to this thread. I'm so sorry, everyone.

Great idea about piecing the C-lon together, Pat. I'll tell you, these little bracelets do take quite a bit of time, don't they? No wonder they are so expensive in stores. A friend of mine just texted me that she saw a three-wrap one in Barney's New York with leather and 6mm pink quartz for $625. She's figuring about 3 strands of pink quartz and about $4.00 worth of leather.
http://www.firemountaingems.com/deta...p?pn=H204038GS

Lorraine - lovely bracelets and thanks for the additional links!

Rebecca - I love the multicolor beads. Looks like you have both stone and metal in there, is that right? Its fantastic.

!
Old 2011-11-10, 4:05pm

Thanks Hannah! Yes, both metal and stone. The metal beads are hollow which is good cuz the rocks are a bit heavy. It feels good on though so it's not too heavy.

Old 2011-11-13, 10:48pm
Duchess of Dichro

Fabulous bracelet Rebecca!!

Old 2011-11-14, 7:27am
N2Beadz

WooHoo, another project to use my stash of antique glass buttons. Now to find the time.

I absolutely love all pics you all are sharing, not to mention all the extra information and links. This forum and a handful of it's members are so special when it comes sharing their talents. ThAnK YoU to those special people!!!

Old 2011-11-14, 8:59am
Still makin' flowers...

Ooooh, antique buttons would be BEAUTIFUL here, Donia!

!
Old 2011-11-14, 1:01pm
Your Royal Fritness

Hannah I've been having a blast with boro so I thought I would make a few buttons for these wonderful bracelets. Thanks for sharing
Attached Images