LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Shows and Festivals

Shows and Festivals -- Upcoming events

Old 2008-03-22, 10:48pm
Finding Sanity with Glass

Default Anyone going to the Bead and Button Show in Milwaukee June 1-8??

Just wondering if anyone is going to the Bead and Button Show in Milwaukee WI the week of June 1-8. I haven't heard too much about it on the LE forums. I've registered for several lampworking classes and am really looking forward to them and to possibly meeting some of the folks here on LE!!

Wendy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
" border="0" />

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2008-03-24, 6:39am
Button Queen

I'm going. Debkauz and I are roomies! We both have (different) classes on Weds and Thurs. I'm leaving at the end of the day on Friday. I think Deb is staying until Saturday.
Old 2008-03-24, 9:45am
Knob Creek Glass

I am going. Taking Anne Mitchel, Milon Townsend, Lisa St. Martin and Doug Remschneider. Whew!!
Old 2008-03-24, 11:31am
Newfoundland lover!

Hi Wendy-what are you taking?
I am taking the master class with Stephanie Sersich & Dustin Tabor, sun-tues, Vortex bead with karen Moyer, then no more round dots with Lani Ching thursday.
I really want to stay longer and take Lori Copelands 2 day Boro class, but just can't do it.
Old 2008-03-24, 12:09pm
High Maintenance

I am going too, I'm taking Kim Fields class. I can't wait! I live an hour away so I won't be getting a hotel room.
Old 2008-03-24, 5:06pm

I will be there - but will be behind my booth the whole time (#40. I do hope to meet some of you in person (barb logan!) and Merilee - I hope you will have a chance to come by and say hi! You will absolutely LOVE Stephanie and Dustins class!
Nancy
Old 2008-03-24, 5:36pm
Newfoundland lover!

Nancy, I sure will come by and visit- I am still watching for any of your New england classes.
That is on my wish list!
Old 2008-03-24, 11:03pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by merigypsy View Post
Hi Wendy-what are you taking?
I am taking the master class with Stephanie Sersich & Dustin Tabor, sun-tues, Vortex bead with karen Moyer, then no more round dots with Lani Ching thursday.
I really want to stay longer and take Lori Copelands 2 day Boro class, but just can't do it.
Hi!! I am taking "The Deliberate Bead and Much More" with Pamela Wolfersberger on Wed. & Thu. June 4 & 5 and "Beyond the Magic: Surface Decoration and Color Manipulation" with Doug Remschneider on Fri. June 6th. I have also registered for the flame off... Friday evening. This is a first for me... I took into classes at the local art center, but really just used it as a time to be able to torch around others... I am looking forward to this opportunity!

Wendy

" border="0" />

Old 2008-03-24, 11:06pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancytobey View Post
I will be there - but will be behind my booth the whole time (#40. I do hope to meet some of you in person (barb logan!) and Merilee - I hope you will have a chance to come by and say hi! You will absolutely LOVE Stephanie and Dustins class!
Nancy
Wow, Nancy... I just looked at your web site... I love the Firestorm focal.... I will definately stop by your booth and say hi....
Wendy

" border="0" />

Old 2008-03-24, 11:07pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbaracollins View Post
I am going. Taking Anne Mitchel, Milon Townsend, Lisa St. Martin and Doug Remschneider. Whew!!
Which Doug Remschneider class?
Wendy

" border="0" />

Old 2008-03-25, 2:48am

im going- taking leah fairbanks and lisa st martin classes! cant wait!
Old 2008-03-25, 6:44am
Fusing Glass

I will be there! no classes for me, but come look for me in my new booth at the front of the 200 row! Booth 207? Janelle Zorko will be with me.

Last edited by McDuck; 2008-03-27 at 6:22pm.
Old 2008-03-25, 2:33pm
Newfoundland lover!

Mary- i love your stuff- (we talked before I have a Newfoundland)
I'll stop by!

Wendy- You'll have a blast. Are you going alone? I am. Those are great classes you took.
Old 2008-03-25, 3:47pm

I'll be there in my booth - The front of row 8 - as you walk in the door. Booth 801. Bernadette Fuentes faces front and I face side aisle. Please come by and say hello to both of us. I hope to have my new painted beads ready by then. Playing with them now!

Old 2008-03-25, 4:21pm
Covered in glitter

I'm taking a PMC texture class on Tuesday, Larry Scott's class on Wednesday and Thursday and Writing Instructions on Friday. I've got a ticket to the Flame Off but still don't know if I'll stay or not. I kind of think paying $145 for a room or wasting $25 on something is a no brainer. I'm too broke right now.

I've taken classes by Leah, Lisa and Pam. You will love them all!

And those who were seen dancing were thought insane by those who couldn't hear the music. --Nietzsche
Old 2008-03-26, 6:31am

I'll be there also behind my booth the whole time -- Booth 1017 (a front-facing corner booth fairly close to the front on aisle 10). I'm sharing the booth with Jeri Warhaftig (Jeri Beads). I'm also doing the flame-off -- 1st time for me on something like that. Say a prayer...

Best,
Patti (Dyed in the Fire Designs)
Old 2008-03-26, 8:36am
Button Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancytobey View Post
Nancy
I'm starting a list of all the booths I NEED to make sure I visit. You're at the top!
Old 2008-03-26, 8:44am

I'll be there - my first time - manning the ISGB booth. We're going to have our newest exhibit, Out of the Box there, so stop by and visit for a while!!

"It is easier to perceive error than to find truth, for the former lies on the surface and is easily seen, while the latter lies in the depth, where few are willing to search for it." Johann Wolfgang Von Goeth

My Blog
Old 2008-03-26, 2:24pm

Quote:
I'll stop by!

Wendy- You'll have a blast. Are you going alone? I am. Those are great classes you took.
Thanks Merigypsy! I know that I am going to walk away from any class with new and improved skills! Yep, going alone!! Not sure about any details yet... but I know that I am arriving on Tuesday night (since it will take 7.5 hours to drive and I'm not leaving home at 1 AM Wednesday morning) and will be leaving on Saturday morning (unless I find another class to take).

I'm making a list of the "have to visit" booths!!! McDuck... I hope you have some of your big-hole bead bails with you!!

Woo-Hooo!!!

" border="0" />

Last edited by funky gems; 2008-03-26 at 9:55pm.
Old 2008-03-26, 4:21pm
Newfoundland lover!

Yeah,ditto on making a list of booth's to visit. It will be so fun to meet people in person from here! Finally meet faces with bead and LE conversations...
Old 2008-03-26, 10:33pm

I'll be there too!
I hardly got any of the classes I wanted, I did get the Beyond the Crayon Box class.
I'm taking notes on the booths to visit and it seems I'll get to see several of you in action at the flame off (I can't wait!)

megan
Old 2008-03-27, 6:01am

Merilee - I have some local classes for this year posted on my website.....can't wait to see you (and Barb) again at the show - the booth number is 4 - 0 - 8....for some reason it posted with a happy face!
Old 2008-03-27, 6:51am
Covered in glitter

I probably shouldn't tell you my secret Megan, but if there are classes you really want, be ready to sign up for them as SOON as they are open for it. For the last 5 years, I've got everything down that I want on a calendar page with all the appropriate numbers needed (you can print the page from outlook) CC is by my side and as soon as the clock hits 12, I start entering. I am usually finished and consideribly poorer by 1205. I've never not got the classes I wanted.

I may have a ticket for the Flame-Off for sale. I doubt if I'm going to stay just for that Friday night. I still haven't decided completely yet but if you wanted one and couldn't get it, keep me in mind. I'll put it in the garage when I decide.

And those who were seen dancing were thought insane by those who couldn't hear the music. --Nietzsche
Old 2008-03-27, 6:21pm
Fusing Glass

Quote:
I'll stop by!

Yes I remember! we so wanted a newfy, but for the DROOL! lol and yes stop by! Oh come to the class Janelle Zorko and I will be teaching! yeah I know I am stoked, thank you Janelle!
Old 2008-03-27, 6:24pm
Fusing Glass

Quote:
Originally Posted by funky gems View Post
T
I'm making a list of the "have to visit" booths!!! McDuck... I hope you have some of your big-hole bead bails with you!!

Woo-Hooo!!!
I sure will and some new ones too!
Old 2008-03-28, 2:29am
Cherine Perrin Glass

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbaracollins View Post
Holey Moley Barb! I'm going, but only to shop.

My Etsy shop: https://
face="Verdana">Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/CherinePerrinLampwork/
Old 2008-03-28, 6:30am
giggety-giggety

I'll be there (can't remember my booth number but I think it's in the 600 aisle). Stop and say hi everyone, I'll try to do the same! Wow, it's right around the corner...guess I should think about getting ready

My etsy:

Old 2008-03-28, 6:51am
Newfoundland lover!

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDuck View Post
Yes I remember! we so wanted a newfy, but for the DROOL! lol and yes stop by! Oh come to the class Janelle Zorko and I will be teaching! yeah I know I am stoked, thank you Janelle!
Mary,
What class are you and Janelle teaching? I went to the B&B show website and looked around but couldn't find it.
Old 2008-03-28, 7:16am

I am definitely going.....well OK I live in Cedarburg, WI probably 20 minutes away. I am taking a lampworking class on Friday, staying for the Lampwork madness, and then my wife and I are taking an all day fusing class on Saturday. If anyone needs a room/bed 20 minutes away, just let me know. (I might even share my Beadhut (studio)!)
Old 2008-03-28, 8:13am
Fusing Glass

Quote:
Mary,
What class are you and Janelle teaching? I went to the B&B show website and looked around but couldn't find it.
It should be up on their website later today! Jenelle is so sweet I tell you! It will be a fun class of making beads to fit my findings!