LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Free Tutorials

Old 2010-07-21, 8:31pm
Glassy Broad :-)

Good on ya Amber!!! Thanks so much for sharing!
Im going to give this a go next time I play with the soft stuff. I've admired these beads of yours so much!!!!
HUGS!
Nita

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Missing my Mini cc & two oxy cons!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The difference between Try, and Triumph, is a little Umph!
Old 2010-07-21, 8:46pm
Etch Fiend Organic Junky

Wonderful! I hope to see a thread in the Gallery section soon!

Old 2010-07-21, 8:52pm
Broken

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Naos* View Post
My Ekho can be different colors. I've had dark Brown rods and light Khaki rods. They are opaque on the outside and have sort of rootbeer transparent center though. All of the rods create the same look for me.
Well it's official I love you! I can't get it to squat so I'm going to try this. You a doll for sharing!

Old 2010-07-21, 8:57pm

Amber...I've admired those beads since you posted your first one...how kind you are to share your technique so generously!
Old 2010-07-21, 9:07pm
And silence is golden

Amber, when I suggested that you write a tutorial, I meant for you to sell it too! This is very kind of you to offer this for free. Now can you do a tutorial on those black spacers ya got there girly?
Old 2010-07-21, 9:09pm
Etch Fiend Organic Junky

Well, Mother Earth would have to do the black spacer tutorial.

They're genuine lava rock.

P.S. How can I charge for such a short and sweet tut? LOL I do plan on writing a tut this year with tips and tricks for HotHead users... just finding the time to do it AND make beads is the hard part.

Old 2010-07-21, 9:14pm
Beady eyed

You're a legend Amber, they're gorgeous beads.

My
My

My
My
My
Old 2010-07-21, 9:19pm

Thanks so much for posting this, Amber! Your beads rock!

~:
:~
~:
:~ Nikki ~:

~:

"...living hopefully ever after..." -john lennon
Old 2010-07-21, 9:34pm
Formerly Icarus Beads :)

Thanks so much for sharing Amber!

Shhhttt .... I fiddled around with silver leaf & foil and figured it out, but didn't dare to list exactly the same style as you're doing.

Etsy Vintage shop

Webpage ->
Old 2010-07-21, 9:52pm
Etch Fiend Organic Junky

I appreciate that, Judith - you're a class act! Now it's available so I'd love to see what you've done...

...And thanks so much everyone for the positive responses. I appreciate it - you've made me very happy and I'm so glad you like my design.

Old 2010-07-21, 9:53pm
I'm a lilac!

Lovey beads... you are so generous to share your technique!

Old 2010-07-21, 10:37pm
MacGalver

Wow, thanks for sharing this technique! I too have been admiring these beads and wondering how it was done.....

Jo

Old 2010-07-21, 10:39pm
Favorite color is shiny

Amber, You are the biggety bomb!!!
thanks for sharing

I'm back after a long time with a cold torch. Torch Lit.... Life is goooood.....now!

---> LE
Old 2010-07-21, 10:51pm

Wow - those are GORGEOUS! Thank you so much for sharing!

-Diane

My Facebook business page:

GTT Bobcat or Carlisle Lucio on an Integra 10
(and sometimes I pull out my HotHead!)
Old 2010-07-21, 11:06pm
Formerly Icarus Beads :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Naos* View Post
I appreciate that, Judith - you're a class act! Now it's available so I'd love to see what you've done...

...And thanks so much everyone for the positive responses. I appreciate it - you've made me very happy and I'm so glad you like my design.
Oh my, they're not half as gorgeous as yours!!!
Hope we'll see a Gallery thread of beads inspired by your beautiful Fire Opals!

Etsy Vintage shop

Webpage ->
Old 2010-07-22, 2:15am

Amber, thanks for sharing ~ so extremely kind of you!!!

Forgive everyone of everything, instantly
Old 2010-07-22, 2:38am

Very cool ... thank you for sharing

Old 2010-07-22, 2:59am

Amber - what a love you are... thank you SO much. I've been trying to figure out your fire opals for ages... got the Ekho bit, got the silver foil bit but didn't cotton on to the black underneath....
Its really lovely and once again, thank you for sharing

Old 2010-07-22, 3:20am

Gorgeous and thank you, Amber, for sharing!

Old 2010-07-22, 3:23am

Amber ... like many ... I've been admiring your Fire Opals. Thank you so much for sharing. It makes me want to go play with Ekho and Clio!!! Can't wait to see a gallery thread of everyone's interpretations.

Old 2010-07-22, 4:17am
Dark Flower Bead Art

Amber, thank you so much for sharing. I have a picture of your fire opals in my studio, along with a few other "lampwork rockstars". They are so beautiful and your photography is so mesmorizing. Thank you sor sharing. I've enjoyed your dragon scale tutorial and I look forward to trying this too. I'd love to see the direction others are taking this in. You always have such generous and positive comments for everyone, even us newbies. You are top notch! Thanks
Cara

[color="DarkOrchid"]** Check out my Etsy site
[/COLOR
Handmade at amazon

Old 2010-07-22, 4:27am
thecoralcat

Location: Upstate South Carolina about 20 minutes south of Asheville, NC

Cool Tutorial Amber!!!! YOU ROCK!!!!! Cheers! Joan

The Victorian Style Floral available now!

NEW TUTORIAL!
Joan - Ancient Creator of Unique Disasters in glass!
Old 2010-07-22, 4:30am

Just a quick question - I've tried these and mine are coming out a bit blue/purple, obviously from the Ekho... now Im on a bobcat and an oxycon, am I right in thinking you're on a HH.. in which case should I be adding a bit more propane.. anyway Im going to try it now
and I'll let you know the outcome...
Having said that the blue/purple is nice.. but just not a Naos Fire Opal

Old 2010-07-22, 6:06am
Uh-oh means it's too late

Amber you are the best!!!!!! I love this look! You rock Fire Opals!!

Old 2010-07-22, 6:19am

Thanks for posting this Amber! I'll really look forward to your HH tut!
Old 2010-07-22, 6:21am
Melting

This is AWESOME!! I'm going to have to try this. Ekho is my favorite silver glass! I wonder if it will work with leaf, though - I mostly have leaf. I'll try and find out!

Thank you Amber!!!

~
~
~

SRA Member #E20
Old 2010-07-22, 6:23am
FatCat Mama

I have two in the kiln now...

Once we accept our limits, we go beyond them.
Albert Einstein

Orange Cricket with 10L oxycon and NG
Old 2010-07-22, 6:29am
Rose colored glasses…√

If you stick the hot side of the mandrel in your ear, I suspect you'll get some interesting results...

OMG I listed some stuff!!! Little devils ARE ice skating!!!

RIP Sunday; You can donate for Izzy's Future Trust @:

Live kindly...'cause karma will bite you in the ass harder than you ever thought about nibblin'...
Old 2010-07-22, 6:38am
Growing Edge Glass

Such a sweet and generous soul!

Of course there is only one true Naos Fire Opal.....but it's so wonderful that you've shared your technique with others!

-glass cabochons, clay pendants~~~
-jewelry~~~
~~~
Old 2010-07-22, 6:44am

Thanks Amber!! Paula

Still North America's Largest Lauscha Dealer!
Now reopened in South Florida!!
Like US on Facebook !