LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2008-10-23, 11:23am

Default Anyone tried the Zoozii Charm Box press?

Hi

I thought I'd ask on here to see if anyone has tried the Charm Box press for big hole beads.......what do you think of it? I'm thinking about buying it but would like to get some reviews first.

Thanks - Rachel

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2008-10-23, 11:30am

Me too but want to know how others like it
Old 2008-10-23, 1:29pm
A True Woofer

I have and I love it! It makes very cool beads for the bracelets everyone's making.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2008-10-23, 2:17pm

Oh Ellen those beads are gorgeous - thank you so much for sharing your pics. I think the Charm Box is about to be added to my press collection!

Old 2008-10-23, 2:23pm
novembersfyre everywhere

I like it also! It is really wonderful for the perfect round shape, the cube, and the tube. The other shapes are nice also. I really think it would be next to impossible to make that round ball shape so perfectly on those big mandrels freehand.

Old 2014-05-07, 11:05pm

For some reason I am really struggling with this press, i bought 5mm (3/16) mandrels but they dont seem to fit very easily once there is bead release on them, does anyone have any tips? Wondering if a 4mm mandrel is a better bet?

Old 2014-05-08, 5:45am

with 4 mm mandrel they wont fit pandora, trollbeads maybe.Even my quite thick covered 5 mm mandrels fits fine.Just don"t use to much glass adding later on is easier then getting it off

Visit my Etsy:

Visit My ebay:
Old 2014-05-08, 8:20am
Glass-aholic

I haven't mastered this one yet. It's sitting on my bench... I tried one or 3 shapes, but was not overly impressed. I will give it another go, but so far, ehh.. I usually master a press in a matter of a few beads. I did not even bother with this one. I made a few shapes and put it away. It just was not as interesting as I thought it would be. IMO

hand dyed silk ribbons in many colors!
WASHERS & TOPPERS - layering components for interchangeable glass topper and to use in other jewelry/metalwork.:
Old 2014-05-08, 8:12pm

Thanks, usually a new press clicks for me within 2 or 3 beads, the charm box three days on nothing worthwhile out of it yet. Going to have to put it to the side as play time is over and i need to make bill paying beads.