Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > The Dark Room

The Dark Room -- Photo Editing and Picture Taking. Advice, tutorials, questions on all things photoshop, photo editing, and taking pictures of beads or glass.

View Poll Results: Which do you prefer?
Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-H2 5 8.20%
Canon PowerShot (which model do you like?) 34 55.74%
Other (please explain) 22 36.07%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-01-15, 2:08am

canon and nikon are to of the tops in lenses, nikon I would rate better though, they have more coatings on the lens so it yealds better color and sharper images.
Old 2008-01-15, 2:18am

I have the Canon PowerShot A710 IS digital camera, with 7.1megapixels and a
6X optical zoom. I love it. I take my bead pictures with the macro, and this camera is all I need.
I also have the Olympus EOS 300D SLR, but I rarely use it, I prefer the Canon.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Fritblends in COE 104:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2009-03-29, 8:43am

I just got a Canon sx110is, and for me it works really well for my bead shots.
Old 2009-08-09, 8:53pm
And silence is golden

This a really old thread, but I finally figured out how to get some good pics with my Canon PowerShot A530

Old 2009-08-10, 8:49am

Aleta,
Very nice picture.
MarieAnn
Old 2009-08-10, 9:11pm
And silence is golden

Thank you MarieAnn. I'm beginning to think my photography skills are out doing my bead skills!
Old 2009-08-11, 9:30pm

That's an interesting and nice looking piece. Have you tried lighting it from behind (or underneath if you are shooting down)? It looks like some light coming through it would really bring out the colors and swirls of glass.

Mike
Old 2009-08-12, 7:24pm
And silence is golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Jordan View Post
That's an interesting and nice looking piece. Have you tried lighting it from behind (or underneath if you are shooting down)? It looks like some light coming through it would really bring out the colors and swirls of glass.

Mike
When I get a chance, I'll try that Mike. Thank you for the suggestion.
Old 2009-08-27, 11:15pm
picking Job's Tears

As this is about the newest camera thread around, or at least one with recent posts, I just actually (for the first time) bought myself a camera (my previous ones are hand-me-downs). It's a Canon A1000 IS, for $130. For what I'm currently doing I can't really justify $200 or more for a camera. This is my first camera with an optical zoom and with macro setting.

Question for the people with the experience: is this at least half decent for a camera?
-
-
-

Palms Etc. tropical seeds and cuttings:

HotHead on bulk propane and a Glasshive kiln
Old 2009-08-29, 9:42pm
Young at Heart

I use a Nikon D40. It's the best digital camera I have ever had! Sharp, clean, crisp photos and the colors are great! YOu can't miss with this one.

Joanna ........
Etsy Shop

Boro Ho, Nortel Midrange, 2 Tanks of Oxygen
, A Chillipepper,Nikon D40 and the 2 Cats!
Old 2010-09-24, 2:05pm
Roo ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by maren View Post
As this is about the newest camera thread around, or at least one with recent posts, I just actually (for the first time) bought myself a camera (my previous ones are hand-me-downs). It's a Canon A1000 IS,
Question for the people with the experience: is this at least half decent for a camera?
Maren,

I bought a Canon A1200 IS for just "knocking around" instead of the SLR I usually use, and was pleasantly, seriously impressed with the quality of photos it takes. Of course I had to take some bead photos, and in some circumstances the images look BETTER than my SLR. Which maybe just means I need to upgrade my SLR, but ... you'll be happy with the Canon. I take it everywhere. Battery lasts forever.

Regards,
- Becky in MN