Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

View Poll Results: BHB will all one colour - what do you think?
Love the idea. It sounds beautiful and elegant. 29 63.04%
I've done it and it looks awesome. I may even post a pic below. 1 2.17%
Boring, boring, boring. Not enough variation. 6 13.04%
I hate BHB's and have no opinion but am bored enough to vote anyway. 10 21.74%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-09-15, 12:59pm
Melody of Glass

Default Is my idea elegant or just plain boring?

I have an idea for a bracelet for myself. I own a European bhb bracelet by a manufacturer who shall remain unnamed. I have a (not-so-well-formed) vision in my mind of making bhb's all in one solid colour for it. A white-ish colour like CIM Peace. I'm thinking maybe a couple of different shapes - donut, round - and some variations of encasing or etching. Some with raised clear dots. Do you think this will come out with a nice feel to it or just not have enough variety in it to be at all interesting?

I'm interested in your ideas and pics if you've done something similar!

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

Coming soon...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by caliente; 2013-09-15 at 1:02pm.
Old 2013-09-15, 1:49pm
Who me?

I love the idea of different shape in Peace. I think it fumes really pretty color with silver. Also, some goldstone would be pretty...very elegant.
Old 2013-09-15, 1:58pm
Melody of Glass

Ooh....I like the goldstone idea too. Thanks!

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

Coming soon...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2013-09-15, 2:15pm
sunscreen me baby

I think it will be elegant. It will be just like the dot challenge trying to come up with 15 or so different versions. But gosh, if you add goldstone I can think of so many pretty combinations! I want to see it when you are done.

~

Old 2013-09-15, 3:10pm
Melody of Glass

Me too, Suzy! I'm already coming up with more ideas...there could definitely be a lot of variety.

Coming soon...

Old 2013-09-15, 3:18pm
formerly Marella

Oh, it will look lovely!!
Here's an order I made for a customer last year...hollow but not BHBs. I used plain ole' white (Peace would be even better) with gold leaf and clear, raised scrollwork on top.

~
~
~
Old 2013-09-15, 3:23pm
Melody of Glass

Gillian, those are stunning! Thanks for posting!

Coming soon...

Old 2013-09-15, 4:41pm
formerly Marella

Thanks Melody!

~
~
~
Old 2013-09-15, 6:28pm

Love your poll choices. I wanted to vote for #4 just because it made me laugh! I miss you!
Old 2013-09-15, 6:39pm
Melody of Glass

Ha! I miss you too, Peggy. Can't wait until we can get together again!

I voted for number 4. You can't see the poll results automatically until you vote. Thought I'd vote for that one so as not to skew results too much.

Coming soon...

Old 2013-09-15, 11:23pm
Nerwbie Glass Junkie

And I miss both of you - & also voted number 4 .

Old 2013-09-16, 1:19am
one day at a time

Just because it's not fancy dancy doesn't mean it couldn't be elegant. A long time ago I made a custom 18" necklace with plain black traditional round "spacer" beads, graduating in sizes from the smallest of 6mm all the way up to 15mm for the center bead. In between each bead were graduated sizes of brushed 14K gold round beads, from 2mm all the way up to 10mm. Very elegant, and I got a pretty penny for this piece. I used to have a photo of it but I don't anymore.

Edited: I meant that the 14K beads were 14K GF! lol!

Last edited by Lisi; 2013-09-16 at 11:49pm.
Old 2013-09-16, 2:42pm
ScrapSurfGlassPaddleSew

Simple does not necessarily mean boring. I think simple is elegant.

L-111

Old 2013-09-16, 3:09pm

^^this^^ I agree that it is a great idea! Do it!

--Helene
Old 2013-09-16, 3:55pm
Melody of Glass

Thanks guys. I was eyeing up my Bullseye French Vanilla (I bought about 10 various rods of bullseye when I set up my studio and still have most of them...switched to 104) and it's the perfect colour. May try a bit of that.

Coming soon...

Old 2013-09-17, 7:45am
Slogan Challenged...

I always like it when someone says that name...."French Vanilla". It makes me totally want it.

Facebook:

Etsy:

Old 2013-09-17, 6:46pm
Senior Moment

Just a thought, but what about including other types of beads (not just glass) in the same color family to kick up the interest?

Sort of like this: http://www.simply-lovely-things.com/...-bracelet.html or this: http://www.knotjustmacrame.com/2013/...-tutorial.html

Alli

I never finish anything. I have a black belt in partial arts.
Old 2013-09-17, 7:13pm
Melody of Glass

There are other types of beads?? When did that happen?

Coming soon...

Old 2013-09-17, 7:34pm
Senior Moment

I'm sorry. Maybe I should have broken it to you a little more gently? Next time I'll try not to be so abrupt with such shocking news

Alli

Old 2013-10-07, 3:14pm

I made some ivory beads with clear stringer work melted in. It gives a great tone-on-tone effect with depth, all while being simple and sleek.

Based on that, I think your idea should be subtly stunning.
Old 2013-10-07, 4:47pm
Melody of Glass

Excellent! Now to find the perfect white without venturing into a new COE!

Coming soon...

Old 2013-10-07, 5:26pm
Senior Moment

What about using an enamel?

Old 2013-10-07, 5:34pm
Melody of Glass

Now to find the perfect white without venturing into a new COE or enamels!

Coming soon...

Old 2013-10-07, 5:35pm
Senior Moment

LOL

Old 2013-10-09, 1:55am
More ideas than talent

so I keep checking in to see how progress is going

Old 2013-10-09, 2:47am
Melody of Glass

Now I'm searching for the perfect 104 white to make it happen!

Coming soon...

Old 2013-10-09, 3:42am
More ideas than talent

There is no perfect anything.... Unless you have a specific outfit in mind no one else will know if you have the perfect shade or not.

Old 2013-10-09, 5:40am
Melody of Glass

I love BE French Vanilla. It's the perfect colour but I was hoping not to have to venture in to another COE. I might just do it, though. A friend of mine is sending me another 104 to test out so if that doesn't work, I'll spring for the BE FV and clear and go for it.

Coming soon...