Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2010-07-08, 10:44am

I've looked for that CIM color razzleberry. Can't find it. Is it an old color?
Looks really pretty.
Old 2010-07-08, 10:50am
Did someone say SALE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by designerbeads View Post
I'm thinking they have a small dot of clio lightly reduced and then larkspur over...

Laurie
Thanks Laurie!
Old 2010-07-08, 11:49am
It's all about the color.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glasslass2 View Post
I've looked for that CIM color razzleberry. Can't find it. Is it an old color?
Looks really pretty.
Just for the record since the page gives a link to my testing charts (well, not really - It doesn't lead anywhere till I redo the charts) this is the first I've heard of this color.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(If the link doesn't work, edit the s out of your browser. It should be "http" not "https" Sometimes LE put in an S just for the heck of it.)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2010-07-08, 12:01pm
Disconnected

It's not old, it's in the Preview Colors page of the CIM website, so it should be released soon. I check that page quite often. Yeah okay I check it several times a day.

Old 2010-07-08, 12:19pm

It's a way, way new listing then because all the other colors were included in my latest shipment from Kathy.

(If the link doesn't work, edit the s out of your browser. It should be "http" not "https" Sometimes LE put in an S just for the heck of it.)

Old 2010-07-08, 2:42pm
And silence is golden

Default Just call me the Collage Queen!

I love making collages when I am trying find a particular color.

Old 2010-07-08, 3:20pm

There is also Veiled Rubino. I'll have to make a bead with it and shw you because it doesn't really come out looking like the paddle in the pix.

I will also add one cautionary note since this is the only color that may present a problem. If you're used to using only 3 numbers to refer to Effetre colors, you'll notice that 213 is also the number of Grasshopper. The Grasshopper is prefaced by 591 and the Veiled Rubino is 592.

Old 2010-07-09, 7:46am

Just an fyi to every one. The Mother of Pearl German Glass was made by Lauscha and was out around about 10 years ago. The only place that might still have some is CR Loo.
Paula

Still North America's Largest Lauscha Dealer!
Now reopened in South Florida!!
Like US on Facebook !
Old 2010-07-09, 10:53am
And silence is golden

I'm not sure that it Mother-of-Pearl is made by Lauscha. I think it is different possibly.

http://www.crloo.com/Products/Lampwo..._of_pearl.html
Old 2010-07-09, 6:07pm
Dangerous Woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleta View Post

LOVE that!!

May your torch burn brightly and your oxy never run out. - Karen Hardy

On a Cheetah with a hurricane Still have my Lynx as a back up.
Old 2010-07-09, 6:20pm

Quote:
I'm not sure that it Mother-of-Pearl is made by Lauscha. I think it is different possibly.

http://www.crloo.com/Products/Lampwo..._of_pearl.html
Hi Aleta,
That looks like some other manufacturer but 10 years ago it was made by Lauscha and they were selling it. I'd like to know what manufacturer this new one is!
Paula

Still North America's Largest Lauscha Dealer!
Now reopened in South Florida!!
Like US on Facebook !
Old 2010-07-11, 8:22am
Companion

I tried lauscha transparent striking orange with silver pixie dust and tadaa...orange beads with silver sparkle.
How do you manage to get them pink?
Don't you cry no more
Old 2010-07-11, 8:59am
And silence is golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulaD View Post
Hi Aleta,
That looks like some other manufacturer but 10 years ago it was made by Lauscha and they were selling it. I'd like to know what manufacturer this new one is!
Paula
We may have to contact crloo to see who the actual manufacturer is. That WOULD be interesting to know!
Old 2010-07-11, 9:05am
And silence is golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steffi View Post
I tried lauscha transparent striking orange with silver pixie dust and tadaa...orange beads with silver sparkle.
Hi Steffi, You may want to send Donna T a message and ask her if the Orange Transparent was made by a particular manufacturer, and also inquire about the exact shade and number of the color. I would love to know this. Those are HOT looking beads! I love them!
Old 2010-07-11, 9:08am
And silence is golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by playswithfire104 View Post
LOVE that!!
Thank you Nancy! Anytime anyone needs a collage made for the purpose of matching colors, let me know. Sometimes I have a little more time on my hands that I don't know what to do with.
Old 2010-07-11, 9:36am
I'm a lilac!

Quote:

This is super-cool!

Old 2010-07-11, 9:39am
aka Spawn Of Flame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listenup View Post
Oh my gosh, it works, it works it, it works! I used Effetre Striking Orange and rolled it once in Pearl-Ex Silver powder and then stuck it in vermiculite to cool (sorry, but not turning the kiln on to anneal one spacer). It didn't really looks promising when I stuck it in. If anything it sort of looked like a blue or deep gray with pearl powder on it. I just went to pull it out to check now that it's cooled and it's exactly the pink pictured. Who would have thought? Thanks a bunch Donna T.!!!!!!!
If Lauscha doesn't work, try Effetre.

--
--
--

Old 2010-07-11, 1:35pm

Yes, it was Effetre I used. I've since annealed and cleaned the bead and it's still pink. Next time I get a chance to torch (later in the week), I'll try making a larger bead. The one I did was a small spacer. I'll also try a couple of other oranges I have.

Old 2010-07-16, 7:15pm
And silence is golden

First Razzleberry sighting for me!

http://frantznewsletter.com/point_store.htm
Old 2010-07-16, 9:33pm

Me too. Sadly, I'm about 200 points short.

Old 2010-07-17, 6:03am
Bead Crone

I used up almost all my points, but I got some! Can't wait to give it a try, although I'm skeptical...I've been disappointed in the past when ordering stuff based on the test paddles.
Old 2010-07-17, 12:30pm
And silence is golden

Pam, I'd like to see what you do with it. I hope you'll post some pics here.
Old 2010-07-17, 2:23pm
Lampworkaholic!

It looks a lot like Veiled Rubino to me. And you have to spend $700 to get enough points for a 1/4 lb. Yikes.

"And all will turn to silver glass, a light on the water, grey ships pass into the west." Annie Lennox
Old 2010-07-17, 2:35pm
And silence is golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by erose View Post
It looks a lot like Veiled Rubino to me. And you have to spend $700 to get enough points for a 1/4 lb. Yikes.
Yikes is right! By the time I accumulate $700 worth of goods, that glass will be history!
Old 2010-07-17, 4:19pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steffi View Post
Sorry I haven't been back in here for a while, been having pc problems.

I did it again last weekend and got pink again, made a bunch of earrings. Maybe you didn't hold your mouth right?
Seriously though, maybe it depends on the silver pixie dust. I do know my transparent orange is NOT Lausha so maybe that could be it. Mine is either Vetrobond or Moretti.

"People can be the wind beneath your wings or the anchor on your boat" John Maxwell

Last edited by Donna T.; 2010-07-17 at 4:22pm.
Old 2010-07-17, 4:28pm
Biscuit Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna T. View Post
I do know my transparent orange is NOT Lausha so maybe that could be it. Mine is either Vetrobond or Moretti.
Has anyone tried it with Vetrofond? I seem to have ordered a fairly large quantity of vetro trans orange because it was only 1.99 a pound last week at Frantz...
Old 2010-07-17, 4:42pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnoelker View Post
Donna-I get flaming hot pink out of just Clio. I wrap a small barrel in a neutral flame. I LOVE Amy's webbing technique so I do a little of that (not giving details out of respect for her tut) return to a neutral flame, then waft gently through a very slightly reducing flame until the glass starts to turn a dark golden/light plum color. I take it out of the flame and immediately encase beneath the flame. I then melt in the encasement high up in the cooler part of a neutral flame. If I encase too hot or too fast I get the wispy blue. Let me know if I can clarify anything.

BTW-I am on a Cricket with an oxycon.
Thanks Mary, I'll give this a try. I think I may be getting it too hot. I've got Amy's tut but have trouble with the webbing technique so I should try it again too. Or maybe I'm not reducing enough....mmmm I will definitely work at this Clio more as I've seen some beautiful beads with it.

"People can be the wind beneath your wings or the anchor on your boat" John Maxwell
Old 2010-07-17, 4:45pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathleen milligan View Post
Has anyone tried it with Vetrofond? I seem to have ordered a fairly large quantity of vetro trans orange because it was only 1.99 a pound last week at Frantz...

That's probably what I have as I order which ever is cheapest between Vetro and Moretti. then I mix them up in my bins. If you've got some silver powder give it a try and see what happens. And I'll mention again to check out my etsy as I have several other transparent colors that I rolled in pixie. The transparent purple sold last week so you'll have to look in the sold to find them. Silver pixie seems to look better on lighter transparents IMO. I've tried it with lt. amber, straw, lt. amethyst, lt. aqua, and lt. lavendar.

Last edited by Donna T.; 2010-07-17 at 4:51pm.
Old 2010-08-06, 2:59pm

I mentioned that I would do some further testing

In order these are:

Effetre 213 Veiled Clear Rubino (not to be confused with Effetre 213 Grasshopper) both 104 coe

The rest were rolled in silver pearl-ex:
Effetre 422 Orange 104 coe
CiM 229 Clockwork 104 coe
Reichenbach 502 Mystic Orange 104 coe
Effetre 420 Coral Sunburst 104 coe
Uroboros Orange Opal 96 coe
BE 0024 Tomato Red 90 coe
Effetre 072 Striking Orange 104 coe
Effetre 072 Striking Orange 104 coe
One thing I did notice while testing this effect is that the lower the coe, the less the pearl-ex stuck to the glass.

Old 2010-08-06, 3:16pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

I did the pearl-ex silver sparkle with BE orange transparent and got bright pink also

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.