No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2013-11-28, 3:51am
Slogan Challenged...

Default Vetrofond Cream

Does anyone know if Vet. cream is reactive at all, similar to ELO?

Facebook:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Etsy:

Old 2013-11-28, 11:14pm
Slogan Challenged...

Nope, no one?

I have some cream rods mixed in somewhere with my whites or ELO, or I'd try them. They're on sale, and I've been looking for some semi-reactive neutral bases.

Facebook:

Etsy:

Old 2013-11-29, 4:29am
what's a senior moment ?

I have some of that color. It's been a long time I used it but I don't recall it being reactive. It does have a blue hue to it. What is ELO ?

Old 2013-11-29, 6:48am
Peerless Thread Killer

I use vetrofond cream quite a bit. Not a terribly reactive color, but I really love it. I have fumed it with silver, and gotten some really nice marbling. Here is a link to a bead on my Etsy shop that is a base of cream fumed with silver. I lost the actual photos in a computer crash or I'd just post the pic here.
https://www.etsy.com/listing/1244853...op_home_active

Old 2013-11-29, 7:11am
Slogan Challenged...

Thanks Debbie, yeah I'm trying to pick it out by the color cast. ELO is extra light olive, and it is a faint green...fun...teach me not to label.

Nina, that is a gorgeous bead. Thanks so much.

Facebook:

Etsy:

Old 2013-11-29, 7:21am
what's a senior moment ?

lol ! As for ELO, my mind went straight to Electric Light Orchestra ! lol ! A favorite of mine.

Old 2013-11-29, 9:22am

It reacts as it forms a black line with turquoise and silver colors, but not mottled like ivory. I find it similar to ELO.

Become a fan on Facebook:
Old 2013-11-29, 5:03pm
Slogan Challenged...

I 'member them too. Good stuff!

Thanks Lara, sounds like what I might want

Facebook:

Etsy:

Old 2013-11-30, 6:03am
Peerless Thread Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJohn View Post
Thanks Debbie, yeah I'm trying to pick it out by the color cast. ELO is extra light olive, and it is a faint green...fun...teach me not to label.

Nina, that is a gorgeous bead. Thanks so much.
Thanks and you are welcome! Have fun with it-it's a really nice color.

Old 2013-12-01, 7:13pm
Glass-aholic

I read this thread the other day made perfect scene .. And for some reason today every time I scroll by it I look at it as if it is about some kind of reaction to a topical lotion! just had to share! Haha vetro cream..... I can only imagine the strange old people pharmaceutical commercial that might follow!

hand dyed silk ribbons in many colors!
WASHERS & TOPPERS - layering components for interchangeable glass topper and to use in other jewelry/metalwork.: