LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2014-01-14, 4:23pm

Default Where to get great 96...?

Other than from the amazing Gail @ GG Glass. Any other good vendors with good selection?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2014-01-14, 4:48pm

Hi Randy, I'm not sure where you are in NH but there is a place that sells spectrum for fusing in Seaport. I just cut 1/4" strips with no problems.
Bob

e-mail:
Old 2014-01-14, 4:55pm

OH!!!! Do tell please! Do you have an address?

Old 2014-01-14, 11:47pm
Glass-aholic

Olympic color rod has awesome stuff. Just make sure you get cane not rods, or you will get a huge puck!

hand dyed silk ribbons in many colors!
WASHERS & TOPPERS - layering components for interchangeable glass topper and to use in other jewelry/metalwork.:
Old 2014-01-15, 3:00am

You can't go past Howaco for 96 rods and frit. Great prices and seriously good customer service .....
Old 2014-01-15, 3:46am

I am brand new to 96, so thanks so much!

Old 2014-01-15, 5:59am

Randy Where are you in NH I am Just north of Boston. I have not bought from them in a while but they are very nice people.
Here is a link to their site:

http://www.accents-in-glass.com/

Bob

e-mail:
Old 2014-01-15, 6:17am

Hi Bob,
I am in Nashua, NH

Thank you for the info!

Old 2014-01-15, 6:31am

Your welcome.
Bob

e-mail:
Old 2014-01-16, 5:25pm

You can also buy from Uroboros on their website.

Still North America's Largest Lauscha Dealer!
Now reopened in South Florida!!
Like US on Facebook !
Old 2014-01-16, 7:56pm
Queen Bee

If you are just starting out, I'd suggest using Uroboros because it's affordable, most colors are around $13 a pound. I've always found Howaco to be great in service and price for Uroboros.

That being said, as others have answered there's other 96 COE, with lots of beautiful colors - but higher priced

For Reichenbach http://www.glasscolor.com
For Gaffer http://gafferglassusa.com/
Kugler http://hotglasscolor.com/

Donna

Vintage & Contemporary Beads, Findings, Chains, Trinity Brass, Vintaj, Bead Tubing, Bobbins

Handmade Artist Lampwork Jewelry
Old 2014-01-16, 8:26pm

I highly recommend Gaffer USA. They are not 10 mins from my house and are super duper nice gals to work with. They have great colors and veiled cane similar to Gail. They also make the lovely Chalcedony glass.

I am a fan of Olympic Color Rod. Let me tell you why... When I first starting making beads in 1996 I went to OCR, at that time they had a very small selection of 104 COE rods. It was easy to get to for me and had the bonus of being in Seattle, so I could make an afternoon of it going in from the suburbs. My first couple of experiences were not good. The staff was unfriendly and didn't seem like they wanted to help a lowly bead maker and the store was hard to navigate. Fast forward several years. I had not gone back due to the experiences I had had, but a friend and I wanted to get some frit, it was only sold is 1 kilo bags and I never thought I could use that much of one color (silly me). We went it and had a great experience. The staff was helpful and friendly, they showed us different colors and sizes to try out. The store layout was even better. Fast forward a few more years and now they have many many rows of lamp-working cane (which they didn't have on my return visit). They are super friendly and helpful and have a great selection. The ranges of colors are amazing.

Become a fan on Facebook: