No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2013-12-29, 6:10pm
And silence is golden

Default Color mixing recipes

I seem to remember a thread....once upon a time, where members here would mix glass colors, and post their results. Does anyone else remember the thread? Or was that back on the WetCanvas forum? Or am I imagining this?! I don't mean making a bead with different rod colors. I mean, taking various glass rod colors, and mixing them.
Old 2013-12-29, 6:47pm
And silence is golden

Her is a color mixing thread that someone on Facebook just posted. This is what I am looking for. If anyone has any other links, I would appreciate it.
Old 2013-12-29, 7:24pm

It's amazing you ask, I came across this chart today.

http://www.listen-up.org/kitty/beads...or%20chart.htm

I hope that is what you wanted.

Bob

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

e-mail:
Old 2013-12-29, 9:46pm
It's all about the color.

thanks for posting that. I need to get some new blends up.

There's a link on many of those to go to the original threads.

(If the link doesn't work, edit the s out of your browser. It should be "http" not "https" Sometimes LE put in an S just for the heck of it.)

Last edited by Listenup; 2013-12-29 at 10:04pm.
Old 2013-12-29, 9:58pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrimp View Post
Her is a color mixing thread that someone on Facebook just posted. This is what I am looking for. If anyone has any other links, I would appreciate it.
This is the one I participated in. It was lots of fun. Since I didn't have a scale at the time I calculated the amount of glass by using the volume of a cylinder to get equal amounts (people thought I was crazy, but 1 in at 5 mm diameter gives a very different total amount than 2 mm diameter).

Become a fan on Facebook:
Old 2013-12-30, 8:16pm

There are also some amazing recipes for soft glass color mixing in Drew Fritts's book "Torchworked Marbles Vol 1". He had an image chart somewhere awhile back, but I can't remember where.

Old 2013-12-31, 5:59am
And silence is golden

Bob, that is the same one that I mentioned in the post just above yours. Thank you anyway! Lara, thank you for sharing that valuable tip about accurate measurement! Kandice, I thought about you when I posted this thread. Thinking that of all people, Kandice would know something. Thanks for your input.
Old 2013-12-31, 9:53am

Here's Drew's color mixing chart!

http://frittsartglass.com/marbles/te...olorchart.html
Old 2013-12-31, 10:04am

Patty, that's a nice chart, thanks.
Bob

e-mail:
Old 2013-12-31, 10:51am
Formerly Icarus Beads :)

Thanks so much for sharing these two charts.
There are some very, very pretty colors in there.
Need to give this a try when I have some play-time.
Thanks Kandice for the link to Drew's chart. I think I will get the book, so many lovely colors

Etsy Vintage shop

Webpage ->
Old 2013-12-31, 11:45am
It's all about the color.

Here's a little, silly FYI for you. Even though I link to Drew Fritts book's color chart, and purchased his book when it first came out, I made a personal decision to not look at any of his color recipes because I didn't want anyone to say his recipes were "copied" on my charts. It might not mean anything to anyone else, but it is a matter of personal honor for me.

(If the link doesn't work, edit the s out of your browser. It should be "http" not "https" Sometimes LE put in an S just for the heck of it.)