Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

View Poll Results: Best Stringing wire
Soft Flex 23 69.70%
Accu-Flex 5 15.15%
Acculon 1 3.03%
other 4 12.12%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-06-14, 7:29am

Default Soft Flex??? Whats the best Beading wire??

I am noticing that some of the big suppliers no longer carry soft-Flex. I was curious as to why???
I was under the impression that Soft-Flex was the leading choice in stringing wire. I also liked that it is an american company.
I do know that looking back on it I have had some customers return a bracelet cause the wire broke. However they did inform me that they wore the bracelet daily.

Was just wondering what everyone is using is how it is working.
Old 2013-06-14, 9:55am
Salt Box Beads

I used Accu Flex for years and just a few months ago I ran out. I HAD to buy Soft Flex. I will never go back to Accu Flex. What a difference.
Old 2013-06-14, 10:23am

I thought the same thing, but you can't find it as often.
Old 2013-06-14, 11:35am
Growing Edge Glass

I'm glad you asked this question because I was wondering what everyone was using for stringing now, too.

Last time I did any stringing I was using TigerTail...strong stuff.

So Soft Flex is what exactly? Is it a metal core or multiple metal cores encased in a plastic like the tigertail?

Where do you find soft flex at the best price?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-glass cabochons, clay pendants~~~
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-jewelry~~~
~~~
Old 2013-06-14, 12:04pm
Salt Box Beads

Best price I have found is ebay buying bulk. I have a resale permit and am registered with local bead stores and so I get wholesale pricing and then they send out 40% off coupons so I use them. It sure brings the price down.

Soft Flex was the original wire that came out back when people were still using, silk, string and nylon fishing line. This was told to me by the owner of the Beadman in Redding, Ca.

If you go to the Softflex website they explain how it is made better than I could.

Last edited by Lorraine Chandler; 2013-06-14 at 1:15pm.
Old 2013-06-14, 12:21pm
Growing Edge Glass

Thanks Lorraine, I'll check their site!

-glass cabochons, clay pendants~~~
-jewelry~~~
~~~
Old 2013-06-14, 5:15pm

Thanks for all the feedback. I was surprised when beadsmith stopped carrying and made their own. Then I was getting ready to buy from Fire Mountain and they don't carry it.
I went to one of the last bead shops in the area and they don't carry it.
I made me think that there may be something going on. I am glad to hear that it is still the chosen wire and you can still get it.
I also like the fact that it is american made.
Old 2013-06-14, 7:28pm
Dynamic Duo

Also use Tiger Tail here

Old 2013-06-14, 8:19pm
Sheila Davis Designs

I have used Beadalon. Accuflex and Softflex. I think I prefer Softflex and it comes in super fine which is great for pearls and beadweaving.

Old 2013-06-14, 9:03pm
Angie09

Lorraine ...what GREAT ideas! I never thought of eBay or coupons! Damn....been paying retail forever. Thanks soooo much for such creative thinking.

Angie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorraine Chandler View Post
Best price I have found is ebay buying bulk. I have a resale permit and am registered with local bead stores and so I get wholesale pricing and then they send out 40% off coupons so I use them. It sure brings the price down.

Soft Flex was the original wire that came out back when people were still using, silk, string and nylon fishing line. This was told to me by the owner of the Beadman in Redding, Ca.

If you go to the Softflex website they explain how it is made better than I could.
Old 2013-06-14, 10:50pm
Salt Box Beads

You're very welcome.