Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2013-10-06, 3:17am

Default Any News about Vetrofond production?

Hi together,

does anyone know if Vetrofond glass is still be made or will be made again?

I have been reading that they went out of production at the end of last year and that maybe someone else would go on with their recipes.

I don't find new information on this topic though.

Anyone more knowingly than I am?

Kreszentia

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Etsy-Shop:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- selling worldwide for 5 Euros s&h flat
My Homepage:

My facebook:
Old 2013-10-06, 7:24am
Disconnected

Yes, the new company is producing some of the old Vetrofond colors, I saw some (black, white, wasabi) at the booth of Hobbyfrance at the French beadmakers' gathering a month ago.
http://hobbyfrance.com/index.php?cPa...8f8543987f5b7f

Old 2013-10-06, 8:47am
I like to melt things

What I had heard was that Vetreria Soiva was going to start producing the colours, but I think the only one so far that has wandered over to North America in any quantity has been Clear. I hope that they understand that Clear is nice but that what we really want is more River Rock, more Poppy and more Key Lime

-
-

Last edited by MelanieG; 2013-10-06 at 10:24am.
Old 2013-10-06, 9:20am
Ready to hit the road

And Honey Crunch!

Old 2013-10-06, 9:54am

Wonder if there is any way to contact the new company and let them know of our requests? I tried a short google search but the info was mostly for chandeliers.

--Helene
Old 2013-10-06, 1:08pm
one day at a time

Gotta have that black again...
Old 2013-10-06, 1:36pm

Default Vetrofond....what's up

It is true that Vetrofond does not produce any glass rods. It is true that Vetrofond has sold their rod making equipment to a new company.

It is true that for many months the only production I have seen is clear.

It is true that most of their inventory is the old inventory from Vetrofond.

It is unlikely that any of the colors that were not normal production from Vetrofond will or can be reproduced again.

Vetrofond as well as Effetre for a numbers of years continued to make the same colors over and over. When I visited Vetrofond many years ago I began to buy their rejected glass, colors which nobody in Murano wanted, but here in the U.S. was another story. Their garbage was our gold!

Then we asked Vetrofond to try to produce colors that they normally would never make, and they became the Vetrofond ODD colors.

A number of years later Effetre began to produce COOL COLORS for Frantz Art Glass because we had the guts (and willing to mortgage the home) to bring in new colors and be the leaders in 104 soft glass industry.

When a new color is produced there are two methods of producing, one is by hand the other is by machine. All of the Vetrofond ODD colors were pulled by machine and our average purchase per ODD color was 1,500 pounds or more. Some of these new ODD colors were not so nice, and with other colors, beadmakers were willing to have bidding wars to get a hold of them.

When Effetre makes a new color by machine, production can be 500-1000 pounds.

It has been my pleasure and the pleasure of Frantz Art Glass to be able to be part of this community

Mike Frantz

Frantz Art Glass Website:

The Torch Website:

Mike's phone: 800.839.6712 ext 206

Last edited by AKDesigns; 2013-10-10 at 10:00am. Reason: self promotion
Old 2013-10-06, 2:17pm
Slogan Challenged...

Thanks Mike for explaining that.

I understand, then, that production is currently limited...has the new company made any commitments to full-scale production of new glass at some point?

Facebook:

Etsy:

Old 2013-10-09, 12:36pm

Thanks, Mike and all others for answering.

As I understand we can not even be sure that the normal Vetrofond colors will be produced again. Sad.

Bye

Kreszentia

My Etsy-Shop:
- selling worldwide for 5 Euros s&h flat
My Homepage:

My facebook:
Old 2013-10-10, 5:51am
sunscreen me baby

Some day when I'm rich with money and time I'm going to open a glass factory. I will fill it with beautiful men to make whatever I desire. I shall walk in with my crown and cape and say "Today we are going to create the perfect pastel peach. We shall pull cane after cane until we achieve the desired color. I command it!"

~

Old 2013-10-10, 6:02am

hahahah!~ Perfect!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzyQ View Post
Some day when I'm rich with money and time I'm going to open a glass factory. I will fill it with beautiful men to make whatever I desire. I shall walk in with my crown and cape and say "Today we are going to create the perfect pastel peach. We shall pull cane after cane until we achieve the desired color. I command it!"

~
~
~
~
Old 2013-10-10, 6:58am
Nikki Haverstock

Quote:
It is nice to know that someone will use their power for good.

Old 2013-10-10, 7:16am
Disconnected

Quote:
Love it! Can I be your DHR?