TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Caber Light

Old 2006-06-11, 6:53am
I WISH I had that figure!

Default Lips Tips

I was doing a heart focal yesterday and did a "heart on heart" which was fairly simple. A little heart on a big heart -

However, I would like to do a pair of "va-va-voom" lips on a heart and really was having a hard time.

Since this would be a pair of lips on a flat surface it is more challenging.

Any tips?

here's one of my flying hearts that I'd like to do w/o dots but with a pair of red lips:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My eBay auctions:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2006-06-13, 12:14am

I add lips to my Alien bead series by simply drawing an Oval on to the bead and then using a rake I drag the shape either side to make him smile and pull it down a little at the top to make the er....whats it called, the lip part....'Cupids Bow?' yes I think that's right.
Do the raking before adding too much heat.If it looks wonky use a razor tool to straighten it up a little.
I hope that made some kinda sense.

Old 2006-06-13, 4:47am
Eight Miles Wide

great advice, Emma! and what an adorable bead!

Old 2006-06-13, 8:23am

Thanks Melissa, WOW does that meen I actualy made sense!

Old 2006-06-13, 5:05pm
אהבה אני ישו

Carolyn -

I put fat, pouty lips on some of my fish. Here is how I do it:

Place a good size dot where I want the mouth. Bigger the dot, the bigger the mouth.

Don't melt in, but melt to a nice round shape. While still hot, take your razor tool and cut the dot in half by pressing straight downward into the dot. You can wiggle the razor tool a little to separate the lips, too.

You can now see the two lips

I take my rake or pick and heat up either end of the lips and stretch them out a bit. This is where you can decide to make them smile or frown by choosing which direction you stretch the lips.

You can also heat the top lip and give it a little more shape by pulling down slightly at the center point.(look at your lips in the mirror)

I hope that makes sense.

Believer
Wife
Mother
Grandmother
Student
Artist

Wishes the hot flashes she has were only the kind that occur at her torch...

Old 2006-06-13, 5:33pm
I fart diamonds

I use the fat dot method, too:

Old 2006-06-14, 4:56am
Eight Miles Wide

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenbeadenvy
Thanks Melissa, WOW does that meen I actualy made sense!
YUP. Don't you just love those brief moments of lucidity...

Old 2006-06-14, 8:53am
"It's a Wonderful Life"

When I have made fish I used to put two dots next to each other for the cupid bow part and then another dot for the bottom lip then melt a little and either poke the middle for an 'Oh' look or use a knife edge tool to cut in the middle as mentioned on the other fish mouth idea. Cheers, zuzu
Old 2006-06-23, 4:56am
I WISH I had that figure!

Great -thanks! I tried the several dots method and could not get it to work for me - perhaps I iverheated it and it got rather mushy - I'll def. try the "fat dot" - that's the look I'm going for!

My eBay auctions: